Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

buffalo wrote: »
    When I walk into work, the amount of cyclists on the footpad infuriates me.

I found myself arguing yesterday in After Hours with someone who said the roads were too dangerous to cycle on and that he always cycled on either the footpath or off-road cycle tracks. On a thread full of anti-cyclist vitriol he failed to see the problem with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I found myself arguing yesterday in After Hours with someone who said the roads were too dangerous to cycle on and that he always cycled on either the footpath or off-road cycle tracks. On a thread full of anti-cyclist vitriol he failed to see the problem with it.

Wow, is that thread still going?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Yes, it's still there, including this gem from @stiffler2.....

"cyclists cycling a breast is what's wrong, isn't that clear...."

aren't there just being t1ts if they do that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Excellent pizza if that's what you're into! :D

Ohh god. Never again. I had no milk left for my bloody cereal this morning after that.

Anyone see Invictus last night on RTE? Great film I thought. I was meant to be studying. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Untill yesterday I thought I had seen most things people could mess up on a bike but this was a new one to me, a British threaded BB fitted backwards, how is that even possible!!! Not to mention the shell looked like it had been faced with a hammer, sweet baby Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Do people put on their Cycling Ireland back numbers for club league races?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

Dubba wrote: »

i do. only started racing recently tho so could be completely fred.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Not in the LOUTI league, unless I've not been paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Lumen wrote: »
    Not in the LOUTI league, unless I've not been paying attention.

Call me confused, I'm from Cork like, you confusing me with someone else? The St Finbarrs Summer League is what I'll be attending tonight. Think I'll just leave the numbers at home and bring the CI card instead.

Sorry Lumen I read "I've not been paying attention" as "you've not been paying attention"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

AFAIK not in club races because the guys at the end know who is crossing the line, hide it under your jersey and then follow the lead of others who are there.

• Advertisement

Sorry Lumen I read "I've not been paying attention" as "you've not been paying attention"

Pay attention! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

http://twitter.com/#!/cervelo

Looks like a new track version? But what's that cutout on the chainstay?

Ar8NWVPCIAAxWR-.jpg

(sorry beasty, still don't like it :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/#!/cervelo

Looks like a new track version? But what's that cutout on the chainstay?

Ar8NWVPCIAAxWR-.jpg

(sorry beasty, still don't like it :D)

Don't think it's a track version as there seems to be a derailleur hanger. The cutout might be for battery storage?

@AstraMonti here's the answer:

Capture.jpg

Hmmm, Cervelo hybrid. Didn't we see that just the other day? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

03/05/2012 15:00 20.7 °C 57 % 1016.9 hPa 0.0 mm 0.8 km/h

which country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Junior

Nope.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just back from trying to teach my friend to cycle...It was fun, but it sure is painful trying to catch a guy who's heavier than you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

haha donegal country (its different up here) (it'll be chucking it down if its not snowing for the tou of sligo on sunday just watch )

eco friendly jersey's anyone

http://www.roadbikerider.com/top

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

white shoes-yay or nay?

(other option is black)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

G rock wrote: »
    white shoes-yay or nay?

(other option is black)

Guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Raam wrote: »
    Guess.

coming from you i'm gonna say white:pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone know off the top of their head where abouts the cycle path on the N11 ends at the southern end and where it starts to get up to motorway speed?

awec wrote: »
    Anyone know off the top of their head where abouts the cycle path on the N11 ends at the southern end and where it starts to get up to motorway speed?

Ends up just after you pass cherrywood. Cycle lane continues up to Shankill and Bray and then you have the option to go out to N11 again up until Greystones if I remember correctly.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Ends up just after you pass cherrywood. Cycle lane continues up to Shankill and Bray and then you have the option to go out to N11 again up until Greystones if I remember correctly.
    I'm thinking of cycling to Bray and back so trying to find the best route, when to come off the N11 etc.

Want to stick to cycle lanes as much as possible and avoid really narrow roads (there are plenty of pretty narrow roads on the way to bray IIRC).

awec wrote: »
    I'm thinking of cycling to Bray and back so trying to find the best route, when to come off the N11 etc.

Want to stick to cycle lanes as much as possible and avoid really narrow roads (there are plenty of pretty narrow roads on the way to bray IIRC).

If you stick on the cycle lanes you ll end up to bray, it's very easy and there is little chance you ll get confused. Keep going straight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Try not to get confused by the contra flow system. Ohh and you have to give way to cars pulling out of housing estates along there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Contra flow? Where?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement