Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

This'd be cool to get your hands on.

http://i.imgbox.com/YzViAWuh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Seems Axl kicked ass in Seville tonight.

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Seems Axl kicked ass in Seville tonight.

Surely you ment last night.

Next show 13th Marseille France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

I surely must..I thought it was tonight. There's fan-filmed footage on Blabbermouth

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There are some strange bastards on mygnr. Good god some of them are so protective over someone(axl) that the vast majority have only seen on stage. It's mental stuff to read.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There are some strange bastards on mygnr. Good god some of them are so protective over someone(axl) that the vast majority have only seen on stage. It's mental stuff to read.

Never much bothered with that site at all. Are they that bad?
    I find the site GnR Truth fairly good for my daily GnR fix of info
    They've a good mix of both Axl and Slash camps and a decent number of posters from both sides of the Atlantic. There's 2 or 3 lads who are just walking GnR encyclopaedias there along with a few who have direct connections to the band/crew. They only thing is they don't care much for speculation and hypothetical discussion which I suppose is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

GN'R Truth is a strange place, much prefer MYGNR.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    GN'R Truth is a strange place, much prefer MYGNR.

I looked on there this evening and there was a thread about the fact that the video listings on the welcome to the videos dvd wasn't in order of release. And they were getting thick over it. I mean would you be ****ing well ?

Mygnr had a thread about axl and his upbringing and the fact that of course he cooks his own food. I wasn't in the better of it.

Fan forums/message boards can be odd at times.

Fan forums/message boards can be odd at times.

Ah here this humble gnr thread on boards is practically sane compared to some of the beauties on those boards. HTGTH has become a becon of positivity since slash was taken off the satan list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

GNRTruth is a demented forum. And I mean demented.

It is run by "pro-wrassler" Mister Saint Laurent who is known for two things - 1 is trying to blackmail GNR with a stolen memory stick belonging the their management that had tons of info on it regarding band contracts and tour plans ect After he got his hands on it, the band manager Beta Lebeis had her email hacked and MSL got his hands on her emails. He eventually shut up after being supposedly bought off by GNR to the tune of $10,000

2: His wrestling tag team partner, Chasyn Rance, is a convicted sex offender, for having underage sex with a teenage girl.

One of the main posters on that forum is the infamous Warchild aka Jim aka MaryBeth aka GGTrunk. She has tons of fake profiles on there and will argue back and forth with herself all day long. She is legit 100% psychotic.

MYGNR is now run by Downzy, an absolute tosser of the highest order. He has turned the place into a family friendly politically correct killjoy safe space. All the personalities, highest posters and people who kept that forum alive since 2002 have more or less stopped posting, been banned or otherwise vanished thanks to Downzy and his gang of politically correct moderators.

HTGTH is run by a little Hitler. It's a dead forum these days.

Red King wrote: »

It is run by "pro-wrassler" Mister Saint Laurent who is known for two things -
    1 is trying to blackmail GNR with a stolen memory stick belonging the their management that had tons of info on it regarding band contracts and tour plans ect After he got his hands on it, the band manager Beta Lebeis had her email hacked and MSL got his hands on her emails. He eventually shut up after being supposedly bought off by GNR to the tune of $10,000

2: His wrestling tag team partner, Chasyn Rance, is a convicted sex offender, for having underage sex with a teenage girl.

One of the main posters on that forum is the infamous Warchild aka Jim aka MaryBeth aka GGTrunk. She has tons of fake profiles on there and will argue back and forth with herself all day long. She is legit 100% psychotic.

MYGNR is now run by Downzy, an absolute tosser of the highest order. He has turned the place into a family friendly politically correct killjoy safe space. All the personalities, highest posters and people who kept that forum alive since 2002 have more or less stopped posting, been banned or otherwise vanished thanks to Downzy and his gang of politically correct moderators.

I KNEW his profile looks the same as his twitter profile pic. Cheers for that.

Red King wrote: »

It is run by "pro-wrassler" Mister Saint Laurent who is known for two things - 1 is trying to blackmail GNR with a stolen memory stick belonging the their management that had tons of info on it regarding band contracts and tour plans ect After he got his hands on it, the band manager Beta Lebeis had her email hacked and MSL got his hands on her emails. He eventually shut up after being supposedly bought off by GNR to the tune of $10,000

Ah yeah on GnR truth there's definitely a few headers and posters of questionable character but that's what makes it interesting
    Is there any other sites out there of merit apart from our own civilised all welcoming GnR forum here

There was GunsNFNRoses, don't know if it's still around.

Slash at sound check for the Guns N' Roses 'reunion' show at The Troubadour

13241260_1002776306438065_4490895403204139808_n.jpg?oh=030b3e19c67c2f3c89e7297351980a43&oe=57DA794B

Slash at sound check for the Guns N' Roses 'reunion' show at The Troubadour

13241260_1002776306438065_4490895403204139808_n.jpg?oh=030b3e19c67c2f3c89e7297351980a43&oe=57DA794B

Cool thin lizzy t- shirt deanos bar and grill Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rumours of a euro tour visting Spain, Portugal and England around September/October time

Wembley Stadium the venue for the English gigs

Really hope they play here in 2017. 2016 has been weak enough for irish gigs (springsteen the excemption)

Openers for the Not In This Lifetime Tour

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lenny-kravitz-talks-touring-with-guns-n-roses-this-summer-20160518
    Alice in Chains will join the group on the first few dates, from June 23rd in Detroit through July 3rd in Chicago, and Lenny Kravitz will be performing with the reunited group at their shows in Foxboro, Massachusetts (July 19th and 20th) and East Rutherford, New Jersey (July 23rd and 24th).

PTH2009 wrote: »
    rumours of a euro tour visting Spain, Portugal and England around September/October time

Wembley Stadium the venue for the English gigs

Really hope they play here in 2017. 2016 has been weak enough for irish gigs (springsteen the excemption)

Where are the rumours for the Euro tour coming from??

• Advertisement

Where are the rumours for the Euro tour coming from??

I heard it when Axl was been interviewed/ doorsteped in Lisbon on of the nights before the ac⚡️DC he was asked would GnR be coming to Portugal and Axl in good spirits said yes very soon it's in the process of been sorted out I'll have look for the clip in Internet land.

I'd say this is it.
    https://youtu.be/D84jiE3oQLQ

About 1:24

• Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imagine if they done a late September/October Euro arena tour with the sse arena and the 3arena being included.

When is axl doing the US acdc tour ??

AC/DC's U.S tour has been rescheduled until later in the year, November I think.

RQ was probably the best closing song on all of the GNR albums.

It's a shame The Spaghetti Incident doesn't get more love, despite it being a covers album, it does have some good covers on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's a shame The Spaghetti Incident doesn't get more love, despite it being a covers album, it does have some good covers on it.

Why is it called The Spaghetti Incident?

I'd say it gets no love because it's from the band that gave the world Appetite For Destruction....and it's a bleedin covers album. The worst things about UYI are Live & Let Die and...ugh...Knocking On Heaven's Door*.

*if we all agree to ignore My World

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Why is it called The Spaghetti Incident?

I'd say it gets no love because it's from the band that gave the world Appetite For Destruction....and it's a bleedin covers album. The worst things about UYI are Live & Let Die and...ugh...Knocking On Heaven's Door*.

*if we all agree to ignore My World

The reason it's titled The Spaghetti Incident,
    it's an inside joke referring to a food fight between Axl Rose and Steven Adler. Much was made of this food fight during Adler's lawsuit against the band in 1993, in which Adler's attorney referred to it as "the Spaghetti Incident". The meaning was explained by drummer Matt Sorum in a 1994 interview with Much Music and confirmed by Slash in his autobiography, Slash.

I love the cover of Live And Let Die, Live Knockin' On Heaven's Door, even the one from Freddie's tribute show when Axl goes "Gimme some reggae" > The version that ended up on UYII,

Less said about My World the better, you'd wonder where Axl's head was when he decided to record that..

He's up an at em
    Seems to be on his feet for most of the Vienna gig

https://youtu.be/L0tLkf4La-4

Even attempting a few high kicks 😄

• Advertisement

Rehearsals under way for the Not In This Lifetime Summer tour.

13237693_1005098919539137_1354824485193887573_n.jpg?oh=85d4b9a1cc3f5a35a087d4b370b4a60b&oe=57CB1125

Advertisement