Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every Human should be Allowed to Join.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

I prob restarted it apologies, was just looking through a few of them.

No it wasn't you it was some other poster who resurrected it.
    I'ld imagine if the scenarios that we discussed above were implented i.e. a form of voluntary service option, it would be open to all. To be honest I taught that went without saying.

It wouldn't be open to everyone. If the army could take people off the dole at the same cost to the state then why would they bother taking employed people and pay them at regular rates? It doesn't make sense.
    I'ld imagine if the scenarios that we discussed above were implented i.e. a form of voluntary service option, it would be open to all. To be honest I taught that went without saying.

Also the army has recruited over 500 in the last 2 years, it was an open competetion, if you are not making it through this comp I think you should look at your approach. I mean this with no disrespect as your desire to serve is clear but there must be a block somewhere.

Are you in the RDF??

The DF as a whole (Army and Navy) took on about 450 last year as far as I remember, with over 10,000 applications. It doesn't matter what kind of approach you have, chances of getting in are still fairly low even if you pass everything.

There's a reason it's called a recruitment competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thebigfella1

I can confirm as fact in the last 2 years it was over 500.

And as I said I was offering advice not criticising.

Of them 10000 applicants only approx <2000 were present for fitness testing also there was a large % of no shows for interview and medical. Stop looking for excuses and improve yourself as an applicant. make the DF want you over someone else. Again not a slight just advice. I actually hope you get in as you seem to have the desire to do well, but drop the excuses.

So where do you stand on manatory service??

Also it would make sense to get people the want (qualified in certain areas). And as it is voluntary service it goes with the words that it is open to all who volunteer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

I can confirm as fact in the last 2 years it was over 500.

And as I said I was offering advice not criticising.

Of them 10000 applicants only approx <2000 were present for fitness testing also there was a large % of no shows for interview and medical. Stop looking for excuses and improve yourself as an applicant. make the DF want you over someone else. Again not a slight just advice. I actually hope you get in as you seem to have the desire to do well, but drop the excuses.

So where do you stand on manatory service??

I know all about the application process, I was formally in the Navy full time, having succeeded in the recruitment competition for the Navy. And I can tell you for a fact that there were a lot more then 2,000 who were present for fitness as it was only the second stage of the comp. And what would make you think you are privy to that kind of information anyway?

I am against mandatory service, all service should be voluntary. Especially in a democracy.

Ok so having served in the navy, have you any idea why you were not top of the list for the Army selection??

And it was less than 50% turnout in the majority of selection centres for fitness testing, but I give you I may be at the lower end of estimates with 2000.

At lease we agree on voluntary service. Should it be open to anyone who wants to serve so?? As in anyone who can pass fitness, medical and background checks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement