Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax power unit p100 1

• 20-01-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Can someone explain to me which way this should be! There is a triax power supply unit in the attic with two rf ports, one says AE and the other says tv. Should the AE go to the areial on the roof and the tv port go the the amplifier that supply's all the tvs in the house?

When I plug it in The way I described above there is a green light on the power supply but if I switch them around the other way the light go's out.

We have lost all the channels on all the tvs in the house but yet the red light is on for the amp and the green light is on for the power supply for the areial, even tho the lights are still on for the amp and psu is there a possibility thet one of them could be gone?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,473 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

First off it isn't recommended to have 2 amps in a normal distribution system and it shouldn't be necessary if you have a functioning masthead amp. You can use the masthead amp with a passive splitter.

These between the masthead amp and power supply - http://www.tvtrade.ie/tv-distribution/tv-splitters/power-passing-tv-splitters.html or these after the power supply - http://www.tvtrade.ie/tv-distribution/tv-splitters/passive-tv-splitters.html

Regarding the power supply I would assume the the TV output go to the TVs and the other end to the aerial. A fault is possible in either of them or it could be a cable or aerial fault.

Can you bypass the TV distribution amp and then check the signal at the various TV points?

Do you use the aerial for mixed analogue/Saorview reception or is it just Saorview?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

one4one wrote: »
    . . . There is a triax power supply unit in the attic with two rf ports, one says AE and the other says tv. Should the AE go to the areial on the roof and the tv port go the the amplifier that supply's all the tvs in the house?

Did you install this equipment yourself? Do you know the make & model of the distribution amplifier?

Is there an especially long cable between the aerial & distribution amp (e.g. in the case of an aerial located on an outbuilding)?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Your masthead amp might be faulty. However, it could also be the P100, as I've noticed quite a few have, over time, dropped off on voltage power to the Masthead under load (ie. read about 12v disconnected, but drop to maybe 5v with load.

Most likely, it's the masthead amp that's gone.

Have you a multimeter, or ruled the masthead amp out as being faulty?

Advertisement