Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How would you describe yourself - personality wise?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Marksie wrote: »
    I would take this more seriously coming from someone who didnt flap around asking to be demodded at the first hint of a feedback thread.

The love, the love, it's overwhelming me! Am I supposed to be insulted by this, or defend myself? What's wrong with not wanting the responsibility of moderating?

If you have any more critcisms of my oh-so-important and character-defining internet decisions, I would encourage you to pop me a wee pm and I'll make sure to adjust myself so that they fit with your world-view accordingly. Now back to PI with you, you young scamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ok for those who feel they are bove the level of this thread I suggest you off and do the
    Myers-Briggs Type Indicator which is based of the works of Carl Jung and report back what you get.

http://www.personalitypathways.com/MBTI_intro.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

sueme and neuro-praxis, I think you're both taking this a little to seriously. You're coming across like only girls have posted on the thread but guy's have too, I don't see why it's such a big issue for you that girls posting have a good opinion of themselves as everyone said it's just a bit of fun. If it bothers you that much then just don't read it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Don't have me call in the BGRH Strike Team for backup, it won't be pretty.

KtK wrote: »
    Whats wrong with thinking positively about yourself? When did that become a bad thing? This is fun, and navel gazing is more about when youre being morose. The people here are doing the exact opposite, they are being lighthearted and having a laugh.

sueme. your avatar is entirely appropriate.

neuro-praxis. Lightweight threads have their place. If you want an alternate to this levity, go to PI, maybe?

KtK, I honestly am with you on thinking positively about oneself, I really am. In fact one of the things that gives me most pleasure is seeing myself and the people around me make the most of who they can be and take joy in their own gifts etc.

The reason I referred to the thread as vain nonsense is because most of it is drivel, not genuine at all. I take your point on lightweight threads having a place; I guess I become frustrated with women ironically vastly underselling themselves through stereotype, cliché, celebrity comparisons and ultimately low-self esteem. Women are worth more than that.

Why did you add an insult to sueme in your otherwise reasoned post?

The attitude round here seems to be, agree or fukc off. For shame! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Can we get back on topic and stop attacking each other please? If you don't like it don't post and stir crap. Simple as.

The attitude round here seems to be, agree or fukc off. For shame! :p

Not agree or fcuck off, it's obviously a light hearted thread and there doesn't have to be a serious issue made out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

The love, the love, it's overwhelming me! Am I supposed to be insulted by this, or defend myself? What's wrong with not wanting the responsibility of moderating?

LOl,, the flapping and girly oh noes ... were just and indicator that stereotypical behaviour can be used by you when it suits you
    If you have any more critcisms of my oh-so-important and character-defining internet decisions, I would encourage you to pop me a wee pm and I'll make sure to adjust myself so that they fit with your world-view accordingly. Now back to PI with you, you young scamp!

No, i wouldnt waste my time.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Don't have me call in the BGRH Strike Team for backup, it won't be pretty.

12 fat, drunken, bald, semi-naked, drunken guys rarely is :p

LOl,, the flapping and girly oh noes ... were just and indicator that stereotypical behaviour can be used by you when it suits you

No, i wouldnt waste my time.

Less personal attacks, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Baudelaire wrote: »
    12 fat, drunken, bald, semi-naked, drunken guys rarely is :p

WHOA! What's with the semi-naked? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

sueme and neuro-praxis, I think you're both taking this a little to seriously. You're coming across like only girls have posted on the thread but guy's have too, I don't see why it's such a big issue for you that girls posting have a good opinion of themselves as everyone said it's just a bit of fun. If it bothers you that much then just don't read it. :)

I know guys are posting here too, one just told me to "Shut the Fcuk Up".
    This is a discusion board, I discussed the topic. I guess it is my personality to feel comfortable and confident in myself, but not feeling like I have to share it with the world how wonderful I am. It is my personality to cringe a little when I read the "I'm fabulous me" posts. I don't mean to cause offence. I just found it all a bit immature. I started reading this thread thinking it would be lighthearted.

So thats my personality guys!

BTW my avatar is PERFECT for me!

The reason I referred to the thread as vain nonsense is because most of it is drivel, not genuine at all.

Are you trying to say I don't like stapling mice's ears to their feed? I've never been so insulted in my life humph!

***storms off in a huff to check the mouse traps***

Sigh. More insults! I dumped my moderatorship because it was bothersome. I prefer not to add work to my leisure! I didn't realise that was a "girly oh noes" decision but you have graciously shown me the light. Thanks for all the good times!

As for time-wasting...:p

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    WHOA! What's with the semi-naked? :eek:

Well I was assuming one of you biggest assets was your Moobs so you'd all be showing them off for the wimmins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Do we need a bitches of boards forum ?

I know I would rather be a bitch then a bint.

What is a bint exactly Thaed?

If anyone says me I'll have to get cross.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

The reason I referred to the thread as vain nonsense is because most of it is drivel, not genuine at all.
    Both of those statements are your opinion, not fact, stating them as fact is just silly
    Where has anyone on this thread said what they've listed is a complete and whole list?

sueme wrote: »
    I know guys are posting here too, one just told me to "Shut the Fcuk Up".
    This is a discusion board, I discussed the topic. I guess it is my personality to feel comfortable and confident in myself, but not feeling like I have to share it with the world how wonderful I am. It is my personality to cringe a little when I read the "I'm fabulous me" posts. I don't mean to cause offence. I just found it all a bit immature. I started reading this thread thinking it would be lighthearted.

So thats my personality guys!

BTW my avatar is PERFECT for me!

What you said wasn't really the problem, a few people are probably of the same opinion it was how it came across, It was a bit agressive and hairy armpit feminist I think :p

Oh and for the record, I am fabulous :D

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Both of those statements are your opinion, not fact, stating them as fact is just silly

THIS old chestnut again. Ok! In my opinion, most of it is drivel, not genuine at all. I can't do fairer than that.

(However, I of course believe my opinion is true, as does everyone else so...moot.)

• Advertisement

It was a bit agressive and hairy armpit feminist I think :p:D

Hairy armpits...my God teh internets has EYES. :o

But I'm MORE fabulous than you!

BRB.. quick date with my razor...

Hairy armpits...my God teh internets has EYES. :o

But I'm MORE fabulous than you!

BRB.. quick date with my razor...

ahh, but you shant...

selmapatty.gif

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

THIS old chestnut again. Ok! In my opinion, most of it is drivel, not genuine at all. I can't do fairer than that.

(However, I of course believe my opinion is true, as does everyone else so...moot.)

Well it is a vaild remark, I could post
    "In my opinion you're only posting to stir ****e",
    or
    "You're only posting to stir ****e".. theres a vast difference:D
    Its the difference between actively joining a debate, with people more likely to engage you, and coming in and calling peoples statement drivel and getting their backs up.

Well, I wasn't trying to get people's backs up. Someone once said to me that when I join a thread it's like throwing lighter fluid on a bbq. :)

I was trying to highlight...well you know what I was trying to do because I already explained it. Peace out.

I think what everyone needs is a group hug :D

2007-01-19_grouphug_395wide.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think what everyone needs is a group hug :D

2007-01-19_grouphug_395wide.jpg
    Group hug, but the guy in the middle is protecting his balls.....

KtK wrote: »
    Group hug, but the guy in the middle is protecting his balls.....

Yeah but he's the one the sent the thread off topic so is understandably wary :D

I'd love a group hug but I wouldn't want to give you guys beard rash...:o

I'd love a group hug but I wouldn't want to give you guys beard rash...:o

Don't worry, I'm sure these guys could take it: :D

group-hug.jpg

• Advertisement

Don't worry, I'm sure these guys could take it: :D

group-hug.jpg