Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

• 03-06-2007 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My god. Every time that Vauxhall Zafira ad comes on with those two stupid fat English kids pretending they're all grown up + talking shíte in general, I just have to scramble around looking for the remote to turn the tv off or hit mute or something. Every time. If I ever somehow meet these kids in real life I'm going to have to bash their faces in. It was bad enough when there was just one ad, but they've turned into a fúcking series.

Anyone else feel the same? Any other adverts that get on your tits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

All of them. Those Lynx adverts with the bomchickawahwah **** really gets on my tits... Just clicked upon http://5x5m.com/files/bomchickawahwah/ as I read this post. I hate it even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

The ad for Zafira with those ****, the ads for picture loans with the aul bag shouting at her family while organising a loan, the ads for bulmers with those awful theme tunes and annoying people looking unrealistic or whatever.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Mikosyko wrote:
    The ad for Zafira with those ****, the ads for picture loans with the aul bag shouting at her family while organising a loan, the ads for bulmers with those awful theme tunes and annoying people looking unrealistic or whatever.
    :mad:
    Yeah that feckin picture loans ad is ****e!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

That Mcdonalds ad where the blokes mates first take the mickey out of him then end up working there because of the great rates opportunities etc , like I cant remember the last time I saw an Irish person working in Mcdonalds !

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Any ads that have anything to do with toilets ESPECIALLY the one where the kid is whinging because there is no more air freshener left, so he gets OFF the loo, scribbles a note and passes it under the bathroom door to his mother, who just happens to be standing on the other side of the door waiting to collect it. Ummmmm what?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah, those toilet paper ads which tell you that you need the softest best paper for whiping shít from your ass. They usually involve something soft and cuddly trying to portray the toilet paper is also soft and cuddly. What the fúck are they all about?

Yeah, those toilet paper ads which tell you that you need the softest best paper for whiping shít from your ass. They usually involve something soft and cuddly trying to portray the toilet paper is also soft and cuddly. What the fúck are they all about?
    Totally agree. They seem to be trying to hide the reason you use the stuff in the first place. ;)

Anything from Cillit Bang still gets on me nerves, that Barry Scott needs to be taken out and shot lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I know I'm not the target audience but this annoys the hell out of me:
    "You know, there is such a thing as being a little bit pregnant"
    No there's not. You can't be slightly pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

I hate the Budweiser Ad that you see often in Cineworld. Where the guys wanna go to the BBQ and can't be stopped by anything. When I hear the starting tune I really wanna smash up the cinema. At home I switch straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

meldrew wrote:
    That Mcdonalds ad where the blokes mates first take the mickey out of him then end up working there

Haha, never spotted that. Fair play.

I was too obsessed by the way they started off during the initial run of the ad with ginger saying "develop ME management skills" (possibly to appeal to aspirational scumbags?) but then susequently dubbed it to have him say "develop NEW management skills"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

The Budweiser ad with "answer the call". They're meant to be in some american city yet I swear I hear a northern Irish accent and another Irish accent in the middle of it. It's just a **** effort at those miller ads, especially the one where yer man was cycling down the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Yeah, everyone mentioned I cant stand, generally all ads annoy and I'll
    flick to avoid them.

I hate the f*cking Eircoms ads, for TV and radio, "Meet Jane, she is annoyingly bla bla bla, she likes this, she likes that, F*** OFF!"

I hate that nail advert, where the cartoon pulls up the nail to show the infection, seriously we all should complain about that and get it pulled.

Text services ads, that will fleece your kids credit with ringtone or promise to tell you whether you will have a boy or girl, they grate on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

My god. Every time that Vauxhall Zafira ad comes on with those two stupid fat English kids pretending they're all grown up + talking shíte in general, I just have to scramble around looking for the remote to turn the tv off or hit mute or something. Every time. If I ever somehow meet these kids in real life I'm going to have to bash their faces in.

Yeah yeah, but is it 'Overtired!' or 'Oh, they're tired'? I really need to know.

Photi wrote:
    Yeah yeah, but is it 'Overtired!' or 'Oh, they're tired'? I really need to know.
    The Saturday Show on 2FM supposedly contacted the press department of Vauxhall and they said "Overtired"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Karsini wrote:
    The Saturday Show on 2FM supposedly contacted the press department of Vauxhall and they said "Overtired"

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

"The boilers had it's annual service, GREAT" GRRRRRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hate all adverts. They are part of the reason why I don't watch live tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

"Taaaaaaallaaaaaaaaaght, tallaaaaaaght FORD!!"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cleaner close ones (Daz or something?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

"Washing machines live longer with Calgon!"

Basta.rds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Anything fake... Like the injury claim adds..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

DeafVision wrote:
    Anything fake... Like the injury claim adds..

haha, funny you should say that,

I actually know of a person who worked in a solicitors at the time they had the Irish lad with the beard doing the claim adverts a few years back

they called up the company and ****ed them out of it for giving all solicitors a bad name, fair juice imho :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mossy Monk wrote:
    I hate all adverts. They are part of the reason why I don't watch live tv.

never a truer word typed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Two words HARVEY NORMAN that prats voice just eats away at you

++ for the Bud ads utter crap

• The McDonalds ad where the boy comes down the stairs and his mother says whats on your face. He calmly replies I borrowed your moisturiser and she calls him a plank in some horrible accent. Then Mr. Eurovision comes in and give the spas a big hug and a hamburger. I hate that ad!! I'd love if Mr. T came along in his tank and flattened the lot of them.
    I also hate the budweiser ad where the guy puts his dog on his head to get into the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

I'd love if Mr. T came along in his tank and flattened the lot of them.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

HI I'M BARRY SCOTT.......................
    please someone shoot that fu*#er

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

More found on satellite/cable channels, but those Sponsor a Dog adverts get on my wick with the voice over supposed to be that of the dog's thoughts "I'm glad they took me in, otherwise I'd be dead" kind of scenario.

Other notable additons include Gillette Fusion, Insurance ads especially that God damned Shielas Wheels ad! AARRGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

How about that new add for road safety awareness that goes on for like 20 minutes. What good will it accomplish other than forcing people to flick over to other channels for longer than they usually would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah the cleaner close ads are terrible. I was down in me ma's place last night and one came on...had to sit through it.

The Zafira one aswell. Fekking annoying.

That road safety one. Seen it too often, and can see where it's been photoshopped. Stop it, already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement