Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip Hop Gigs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Slaughterhouse are doing a tour of Europe. Of course that doesn't include Ireland. The more tour dates I see the luckier I feel we are to have managed to get Jigga and Kanye to come here for two nights.

iizDY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Considering that he is quite close to being a headline act at festivals, it's quite a good price.
    He also has a lot of material! And his live shows will throw in some freestyling, improv and I think that he also does a few covers.

....and if Danny Brown is there, it is well worth it!

He has a lot of mixtapes/lps alright. Really looking forward to it. His set at Coachella was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lockey123

Has anyone got their tickets for jigga and kanye yet?
    Booked 2 standing tickets on the first daya and haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Lockey123 wrote: »

Haven't got mine either, beginning to wonder now because I got my Drake tickets in the post a week or 2 after I booked them.

Lockey123 wrote: »

I have mine. They arrived in the post about 5 weeks ago. I wasn't around so my dad put them in the cupboard for me and forgot all about them. My mum handed them to me last week. I couldn't believe it. €160 worth of tickets left lying around and one of them wasn't even mine. Very close call there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Haven't got mine either, and when the time does come that they send them out there could be a bit of a mix up, i had to use my grandas credit card, and he's after moving apartment, so if the tickets aren't redirected to where he's after moving to, some random person in coolock will have my 80 quid ticket.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Haven't got mine either, and when the time does come that they send them out there could be a bit of a mix up, i had to use my grandas credit card, and he's after moving apartment, so if the tickets aren't redirected to where he's after moving to, some random person in coolock will have my 80 quid ticket.

Ring up Ticketmaster and see can they do anything about it. They might still have them wherever they keep them before they send them out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So Shabazz Palaces last night, what a let down. They really failed to recreate thier songs well last night and way too much improv and 'freestyle'. If I have to hear the bubblin/Dublin rhyme one more time i'll probably commit murder....well, maybe not.
    It sounded like it was thier first time performing a lot of the songs, extending and remixing on the spot. Normally something like this is what I like to see at live gigs, but it really didnt work out, and it sounded very messy.

Earlier, Mixtapes From the UnderGround played. A mix of hip hop, rnb, soul, funk, ragga, reggae, trip hop...they sounded great. But, it was an improv gig, making it up as they go along. It worked for the most part, but dragged a bit. There were MC's invited up on stage to rap, and I was suprised to see MossChops up there. He killed it, amazing for a guy who is primarily a DJ and Producer. There were some other lads that were poor, political rhymes about nonsence, and extermely simple lyrics, similaes galore, rhyming dictionary-tastic. The highlight of the night was when G.I. took the mic. I think he is the shinning star of Irish Hip Hop and showcased again how good he was last night with just 3 or 4 verses.

But, we also had the low of Irish Hip Hop last night, not the aforementioned MC's, one other person, who in this posters opinion should give up. I knew when I started rapping that it wasnt working and quit. This person should do the same. Before I go on, this is an opinion of me, not boards.ie, not the community, just me and how annoyed I am that this person continues to perform and try to make music. This person believes they are making music with a message, music for the people, but essentially, they take political topics, mesh it with big words and puke them out without riding a beat. I was genuinely in shock when a verse was started last night and the first line matched the beat, but it all went horribly wrong with a spew of nonsence afterwards that was nowhere near being on time. It is dreadful and painful to listen to.
    Secondly, there is the visual aspect to the performance, stop flicking your hair about the place like you are Beyonce in an early career Destinys Child video. Also, facial expressions should be used to express, not to fill time. Grabbing the mic at every oppertunity and not knowing when to stop is a tad bit unfair to the others around you. Trying to rap along with Ophelia and clearly not knowing her lyrics is a bit silly looking. Instead of doing all that bad stuff, why not try to rap on time instead.
    If you've read along and haven't guessed yet who I'm talking about, it's Miss Elayneous that I think should be giving up. To try put things in perspective, I overheard the following being said, "I'd listen to The Assassin over her". I'll leave it at that. Apologies for any offence caused, but it has to be said.

But back to Shabazz Palaces, I wouldnt recommend thier live show unless they tighten up thier performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yo! MTV SUCKS

^^^ couldnt agree more,from what ive heard shes fukn awful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

She's possibly the least talented rapper I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cdotb

Anybody heading to Lethal Dialect on Sat? Very talented man, well worth the €12 if you're not doing anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

cdotb wrote: »
    Anybody heading to Lethal Dialect on Sat? Very talented man, well worth the €12 if you're not doing anything else

Where is it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Hey, does anyone know of any gigs on the 26th or 27th of June? I've a mate coming over from Chicago who wants to throw down on the mic for a bit. He'll be on his way to a German gig so was wondering if I knew anything going on. He'll be bring CDs to give out too.
    Let me know if you think there maybe something and I can send you his press pack thingy.
    He's also a dope graff artist.
    429193_10150666743523826_359553651_n.jpg

Doomtree are coming back to Europe in July, dates to be announced soon. Not gonna miss them this time.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Doomtree are coming back to Europe in July, dates to be announced soon. Not gonna miss them this time.

I'm gonna do my best to see them.

They're playing at a festival in Belgium on the 13th, and in Stuttgart on the 14th. No gig in Berlin either.

I'll be crossing my fingers and toes that they might just come over here.

Nas is going international over the summer. Edinburgh and Manchester are the nearest. A few German and French gigs and that's it.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19948/title.nas-announces-international-tour-dates-launches-new-website

Elzhi is doing a tour of Europe in August. Only one gig in England, which is in London.

Would love to go and see him. Don't know how cheap the flights would be over though on account of the Olympics. I'd imagine finding a cheap flight and accommodation, if needed, would be next to impossible.

http://elzhi.com/shows/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amber86

WOOHOOO South African rap rave group Die Antwoord are bringing their live show to The Academy, Dublin on July 3rd. Tickets €25 on sale now!!!!!

Just noticed that a few members from the Wu Tang Clan are going on a tour during July. Ghostface seems a definite for it. I saw him talking about it on Twitter there today. From the promotional thingy Method Man, GZA and Raekwon are joining him.

They're only doing 4 dates; Glasgow, London, Manchester and Brimingham. I'd be most interested in Glasgow and Manchester. Have never seen any of the members before. Flights are decent enough. You'd get over and back for around €30. If I find someone to go with me then I'd consider going.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Wu-Legends-tickets/artist/1732303

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just noticed that a few members from the Wu Tang Clan are going on a tour during July. Ghostface seems a definite for it. I saw him talking about it on Twitter there today. From the promotional thingy Method Man, GZA and Raekwon are joining him.

They're only doing 4 dates; Glasgow, London, Manchester and Brimingham. I'd be most interested in Glasgow and Manchester. Have never seen any of the members before. Flights are decent enough. You'd get over and back for around €30. If I find someone to go with me then I'd consider going.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Wu-Legends-tickets/artist/1732303

for the tickets and the whole trip it still sounds cheaper than WTT:P id love to go see anyone in wu tang

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I'd make sure Meth was there before booking anything, if I were you. The Tripod show last year would have been very poor if not for him. He held the whole thing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Just in case someone here would be interested in this, Big K.R.I.T. is in London on the 23rd of August.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1F0048A4D30F369D?majorcatid=10001&artistid=1483813&minorcatid=3

K.R.I.T. would be brilliant to see. Might opt for him ahead of the Wu. I have a friend that might be getting a house in London around that time so I'd have somewhere to stay. Tickets are decently priced as well. Should keep the whole price down. The Wu concert was gonna cost upwards of €100 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I should have went to the last WTC gig when I had the chance.

I should have went to the last WTC gig when I had the chance.

Same here. A lad I play soccer with was at it. At one stage Method Man jumped out into the crowd and landed on him. That sort of ish doesn't happen every day :(.

I also should have gone to Rakim and Raekwon when they were over. Can't remember why I didn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Same here. A lad I play soccer with was at it. At one stage Method Man jumped out into the crowd and landed on him. That sort of ish doesn't happen every day :(.

I also should have gone to Rakim and Raekwon when they were over. Can't remember why I didn't bother.

Yeah, next time either of them are here I have to go.

(I didn't go to the Dubliners when Ronnie was alive, still kicking myself)

The Rakim gig was well worth it. Twas excellent.

I wasnt at Raekwon's but my good friends that where there wished they didnt go as it was that bad.
    It was advertised as OBFCL, and he didnt do it front to back, stumbled through some verses and some of his mixtape songs. All the while with someone with a sample board of gunshots and he was going nuts with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Yeah, here's Meth standing on the crowd

0p3P8.jpg

The Raekwon gig was an absolute shambles though. He was 2 hrs late and just stumbled through some verses. It was good fun, but not a good performance.

• Advertisement

Well I'm absolutely ****ing ripping here right now. It turns out that Big Boi was performing over in London at the weekend. Tickets were only £5 each as well. I've no idea how I managed to miss this. Scottie Pippen was there as well. I'm devastated.

He was doing all the classic Outkast songs as well. It's not the same considering Andre isn't there but hearing Big Boi's verse on BOB live would be incredible.

He'd better drop that album quickly and tour straight after it.

This picture makes me so sad. Can't believe I missed him.

608692113.jpg?key=1024768&Expires=1341275636&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=WYG3tgbGTfiuyS~OQq-6J15iWLjCv2GCzpEyyWIVJprJbZl0RmbHAl2dcr5EI5Ea~dgFKdmbsZgNCHKnZQAaenx-FQO9~n~W2VOW0Y06K8tyT15efKQ~QplAGZf6DSWLIYsfyWU~O2Ti4cWa5V~GDSBbfX8uL8V7z2qFTGgL-2g_

Advertisement