Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walled City Marathon

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Well done! Did the leprechaun on the bike do the whole thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

So I wasn't hallucinating :)

Only saw him at the start, don't know after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

NIMAN wrote: »
    Well? How you all do?

And wasn't it amazing that the same guy won the last Derry marathon in 1981 !

How fit is he!

He won it in '84 and '85 ;)

What an amazing day. The atmosphere and support were fantastic. Got round in 4.19 :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,807 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Congrats and well done guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 west side kid

4:19 here - after fighting off an ITBS knee injury that meant I couldn't train for the last 3 weeks. But delighted indeed to finish and run all the way. My first marathon.

Tough - and hillier than I thought - I don't live local and we don't have a lot of hills where I live.

Amazing and warm support indeed. Highlights include the flute band, the Little Irish Dancers, the rave music, the run down , the Salvation Army in uniform all clapping for us, the jelly beans and cups of water that the residents of that housing estate just off the Caw had set up (Waterfoot Park??) plus, as someone said, the absolutely amazing support going up Fahan Street. I was literally willed up through the walls!!!

It felt like being at a moment in history.

Congrats to all the finishers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Penfailed wrote: »
    Got round in 4.19 :D
    4:19 here

:eek:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement