Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

ATMAddict wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was buying more Minfig's tonight and I noticed this set is been sold for 6.83 euro. They had a few left. Not my thing, but someone out there might be interested.

Hi,Where? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

It looks like tesco,says something about club points on the label on the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ATMAddict

Yes sorry, Tesco in Naas. I forgot to mention it.

OPPS!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Tesco Extra Naas

Joker set 4527 is now €3.25
    Ewok Attack 7956 €8.40 - think Battle of Naboo is about same price but didn't
    check it shelf prices are not always accurate
    Creator T-Rex 6914 €6.00
    All on aisle opposite main Lego area

Also Tesco Jervis

Star Wars 9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor €15
    at end part of aisle opposite main lego

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

Argos have a 3 for 2 sale on all toys at the moment, including Lego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just a heads up in case anyone missed it, but there's another newspaper promotion starting tomorrow. I don't have the list to hand but I believe the first set is a Thor minifigure.

I have a few of each set of the sun promo's f u r interested in swapping

Somebody on DoneDeal has listed a factory sealed Death Star for €250. The RRP is €420, so that is a phenomenal price. Almost 'too good to be true' territory, but if you're in the seller's area it would surely be worth checking out.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/toys/4255425

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Somebody on DoneDeal has listed a factory sealed Death Star for €250. The RRP is €420, so that is a phenomenal price. Almost 'too good to be true' territory, but if you're in the seller's area it would surely be worth checking out.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/toys/4255425

Contacted the guy, it has no box but bags are unopen. so how would one know if all the parts are there?

Watch a few reviews on YouTube,u will get the number and amount of bags that should be there,only way to know if the bags r factory sealed is to look for sello tape on the edges I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Obsolete01

Hi all...

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with buying some interesting Knex pr Lego Technics as its something I want to get interested in and I enjoy building things......the gf ordered the Haunted House for me yesterday evening to start of with and basically I am wondering are there any cool ones out there for adults basically.

All help will be greatly appreciated :-)

http://www.knex.com/Thrill_Rides/6-foot-ferris-wheel.php

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-4X4-Crawler-9398-!124296-prd.aspx

Something like the ones above.....

Contacted the guy, it has no box but bags are unopen. so how would one know if all the parts are there?

You can download the instructions on Lego.com for free. The bags are all numbered, so if you flick through the pdf, you can see when each bag is opened. The bags are numbered 1-4, but there are several of each.

That raises another point - is he including the instructions? The instructions are massive - not like regular instructions, it's a spiral-bound A4 book. It would cost a bit of money to order that separately, and you do not want to build this behemoth from pdf instructions on a computer screen.

Obsolete01 wrote: »
    Hi all...

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with buying some interesting Knex pr Lego Technics as its something I want to get interested in and I enjoy building things......the gf ordered the Haunted House for me yesterday evening to start of with and basically I am wondering are there any cool ones out there for adults basically.

All help will be greatly appreciated :-)

http://www.knex.com/Thrill_Rides/6-foot-ferris-wheel.php

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-4X4-Crawler-9398-!124296-prd.aspx

Something like the ones above.....

These aren't technic, but the pinnacle of adult Lego sets right now are either the modular buildings or the UCS Star Wars sets. Both can only be gotten directly from the Lego shop online (unless you're in the UK, where some retailers like Toys R Us carry them). I'm not really interested in Technic so can't help you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042HOU6W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d3_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=099DCAXW6QDM7NR1RR4T&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317819927&pf_rd_i=468294

cheapest super car 8070 i could find. turns out 100eu with free supersaver delivery. i wonder if i would be pushing by order this one myself now. :p

Debenhams have Lego Star Wars sets at 50% off, two I got we're 9491 and 9490
    Newbridge branch

Debenhams have Lego Star Wars sets at 50% off, two I got we're 9491 and 9490
    Newbridge branch

Did they have many others? 9490 is a nice little set, those sand troopers are cool.

Did they have many others? 9490 is a nice little set, those sand troopers are cool.
    I was trying to type and shop on my iphone with two screaming kids.

Anyway the 50% discount was on these two set's only, I did find a lightning mcqueen car, a lego ninjango torch and a pencil and rubber set, but no other Lego sets in any theme at the discount.
    They had plenty of them available( I stopped counting at 10 of each set.)
    I'm not a big star wars theme fan, but I couldn't let this bargain go by.

Santa has been very good to me in Lego this year :rolleyes:

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

The republic cruiser was 50% off on there website but sold out in seconds, am sure its 50% in shops also, but finding a branch with any would be impossible I would say.

Noticed the following reductions in the old Tesco in Naas today

Minfigs Series 8 for 1.75
    Ninjago spinner pack for 5.00
    Police bike 3.75

Sorry no set numbers

Robbie

• Advertisement

Noticed the following reductions in the old Tesco in Naas today

Minfigs Series 8 for 1.75
    Ninjago spinner pack for 5.00
    Police bike 3.75

Sorry no set numbers

Robbie
    More Tesco bargains, this time big Tesco in Naas. Jabbas palace for 63.00
    Forest police station for 52.00
    Rubbish truck for 11.00
    Ninjago set 9450 for 50.00

Thanks
    Robbie

In smyths today in blanchardstown shop they had.

Bucket truck 8071 at 29.99.
    Flatbed Truck 8109 at 59.99.
    Anakin and sebulba's podraacers 7962 at 49.99.
    Bounty hunter assault gunship at 29.99.

I bought the two Bucket trucks they had, presume other smyths might have similar stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭g0g

Derek93 wrote: »

I bought the two Bucket trucks they had, presume other smyths might have similar stock.

Don't suppose you have receipt for the "product ID"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hoturi

Here are some nice discounts on cool sets at the moment:

www.amazon.co.uk
    79010 - Lego The Hobbit: The Goblin King Battle - 50 instead 80 pounds
    9466 - Lego Monster Fighter: The Crazy Scientist... 33.98 instead 60.65 pounds

Argos (Cork area - not sure if also elsewhere)
    6475 - Lego Lord of the Rings: The mines of moria - 59.99€ instead 83.99
    6869 - Lego Super Heroes: Quinjet Aerial Battle - 49.99€ instead of 84.99

I hope that helps a bit and hello to the Lego forum :)

Cheers,
    Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

7965 Millennium Falcon is £100 on amazon.co.uk which is a pretty good price, it's 150 in Smyths, that's about 20% off RRP.

4.3kwh South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Was in Blanch today and had a quick look in Smyths but no 8109 left :(

Spotted one Unimog though, massive box and massive weight to go with it. Was very tempting but at €179.99 it's a bit on the pricey side.
    Derek93 wrote: »

Yeah they sold out fast on the bucket trucks and the bounty hunter assault ships.

Was in there today they had the Ninjago fire temple for 57.99 down from 119 if people are into the ninja's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Lots of 9397 (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=9397-1) in Blanch. Never seen that set in the flesh, another heavy box. No wonder with 1308 pieces.

Wonder if Liffey Valley have many sets (like 8109)?

Advertisement