Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Club championships 2011

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Tucker.Tim wrote: »
    galait wrote: »
    I feel that These 2 Team's (Garrycastle & St Brigids) have almost no chance of Winning the Club Championship Outright.

The fact's are Last Sunday St Brigids (Dublin) only Turned up for the Last 20 minutes and made Garrycastle look feeble,

I have attended the last 2 Connaught Finals and Last Year in Tuam St Brigid's(Roscommon) were woeful and only a lucky last minute goal forced extra time in which they ran out easy winner's ,
    This Year the Ref proved why the GAA stinks and destroyed the Game and ensured he got revenge against Corofin for his own club in Ballina.

After attending the All Ireland Final Last Year , They only observation that I could make was that if St Brigids played Crossmaglen on 10 consecutive Sunday's they would be lucky to win once.

These 2 teams are simply not god enough , Maybe Dr Croke's or Cross will have a bad day buy I doubt it.

Don't worry, no one is going to rise to your bait. :rolleyes:
    You just did but I am giving my informed opinion, take it or leave it, I don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Looking forward to both semi finals in Feb all four teams have their own case for winning the All Ireland.

Garrycastle first lenister title won not many will be expecting them to go further but they will no doubt fight tooth & nail to prove the pundits wrong a great underdog story if they pull it off.

St Brigid's last years finalist will be wanting to go one better than last year they showed their class by beating Nemo Rangers in Munster last Feb & won't fear anyone in the final if they beat their neighbours.

Dr Crokes well you can never write off a Kerry team especially one with Colm Cooper, they looked very good in the Munster final & won't mind going into the semi final as underdogs.

Crossmaglen these guys have nothing to prove to anyone they have done it all though unlike last year they have the huge favourites tag (which brings it's own pressure) Ballinderry were the only team to test them so far this year & that was with 14 men for most of the game & Dr Crokes are better than Ballinderry IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

All Ireland Club Junior Football Championship semi final result; Derrytresk (Tyrone) 1-11 Dromid Pearses (Kerry) 0-7. Listened to the 2nd half of this on Radio Kerry and the commentary team were less than complimentary about the Tyrone team and their tactics! There was a huge punch up at the end of the 1st half and Dromid had 2 players sent off in the 2nd half.

Selected Club resuts;

All Ireland Junior hurling semi finals; Charleville (Cork) 1-17 Fullen Gaels (Manchester) 0-6, St Patricks (Kilkenny) 0-17,Ballygar (Galway) 1-10.

All Ireland Intermediate hurling semi finals; Mount Leinster Rangers (Carlow) 0-13 Robert Emmetts (London) 0-11,Middletown (Armagh) 3-13 Effin (Limerick) 2-10.

All Ireland Junior football semi finals; Naomh Padraig (Galway) 3-4 Ballivor (Meath) 0-3,Derrytresk (Tyrone) 1-11 Dromid Pearses (Kerry) 0-7.

All Ireland Intermediate football semi final result; Davitts (Mayo) 2-12 Eire Og Greystones (Wicklow) 0-6. Latest; Milltown-Castlemaine 0-3 Craigbane 0-2 after 27 minutes 1st half.

All Ireland Intermediate football semi final result; Milltown-Castlemaine (Kerry) 1-7 Craigbane (Derry) 1-6.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Middletown (Armagh) beat Effin (Limerick) in the All Ireland Intermediate semi-final 3-14 to 2-11.Another great win for Armagh hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

lala88 wrote: »
    Middletown (Armagh) beat Effin (Limerick) in the All Ireland Intermediate semi-final 3-14 to 2-11.Another great win for Armagh hurling

Yeah but hugely disappointing for Effin.

I'd say some people got a bit cocky, always a bad sign. Maybe the players didn't but I was talking to people who were expecting a final.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

dartbhoy wrote: »
    All Ireland Intermediate hurling semi finals; Mount Leinster Rangers (Carlow) 0-13 Robert Emmetts (London) 0-11,Middletown (Armagh) 3-13 Effin (Limerick) 2-10.

A carlow vs Armagh hurling final - that is unique.

One question. Are these teams, MLR and Middletown the champions of their respective Senior County finals?

If that is the case, how does the GAA determine what counties senior champions go into Intermediate, or Junior for that matter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Kojak wrote: »
    A carlow vs Armagh hurling final - that is unique.

One question. Are these teams, MLR and Middletown the champions of their respective Senior County finals?

If that is the case, how does the GAA determine what counties senior champions go into Intermediate, or Junior for that matter?

I taught Midletown were the Intermediate Champions of Armagh but was wrong. Only about 2 years ago the Armagh Championships got to the Ulster Seinor final so they most have changed lately.

I think its fair enough for county's that play in the Christy Ring etc that there seinor champions play in the Intermediate grade because thats the level there at and they can progress but Carlow have been in the seinor championship for a few years now so you'd think there seinor champions would be playing in the seinor club championship

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

looking forward to the final between Charleville and St Patricks. My Dad is a Kilkenny man living in Charleville, I wonder who he will shout for :D

Up the Town!

• Advertisement

SarahBM wrote: »
    looking forward to the final between Charleville and St Patricks. My Dad is a Kilkenny man living in Charleville, I wonder who he will shout for :D

Up the Town!
    It will be a great day out for Charleville and the KK team Ballyraggett also. It would be great to see Charleville win after my neighbours Meelin's great triumph last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

dartbhoy wrote: »
    It will be a great day out for Charleville and the KK team Ballyraggett also. It would be great to see Charleville win after my neighbours Meelin's great triumph last year.

To be honest I never ever thought I would get to watch Charleville play in Croke Park! It will be amazing! So proud of the team. Cannot wait! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Crokes want fans seperated. If this was forced to happen it would be a disaster but if certain scences continue they need to do something. More stewards, Garda etc..

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2012/0126/crokes_cross.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

AGC wrote: »
    Crokes want fans seperated. If this was forced to happen it would be a disaster but if certain scences continue they need to do something. More stewards, Garda etc..

With the greatest respect, Crokes can fúck off.
    Plenty of other options open to the GAA.

AGC wrote: »

A ridiculous statement. Do Crokes want to go down the road of segregation in GAA matches like British soccer games? A sad day for the GAA if this is allowed to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 red_doran

I was disgusted myself when i seen Dr Crokes wanted segregation...the ability to mix with other fans and to have a bit of harmless craic is central to the gaa and its ethos...however i believe that the media pounced upon the first statement made by Dr Crokes...Apparently they only wanted to block buy tickets so that younger fans and families wouldnt be seperated..
    Seen this article on joe.ie Note the edit at the bottom
    http://www.joe.ie/gaa/gaa-news/dr-crokes-want-crowd-segregation-for-clash-with-crossmaglen-0020029-1

It won't matter anyway because Cross will beat them anyway.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thewildcat

i wouldn't put the house on that the Crokes luck good this year
    plus the colm cooper is in form;)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Offaly champions Coolderry and Antrim champs Loughgiel Shamrocks into the All-Ireland hurling final on Paddy's day. What do ye reckon lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mickmcl09

It would be a brave punter that would put money on this one.
    Coolderry put up a very impressive score against Gort and probably have more players with better hurling brains for want of a better word. I was equally impressed with Loughgiel, don't have as much hurling as Coolderry and a little nieve at times - pulling on balls at the back when rising and driving would be a better option, they gave away a high proportion of easy scores.
    Loughgiel are very fit and very well schooled otherwise.
    The Antrim teams are noted for their toughness and this team is no different except they are much better in possession once they're past the midfield area.

Alot will hinge on Liam Watson, what a player, easily good enough for any intercounty team. Will be interesting to see if Coolderry change tactics to combat Watson or continue to do their own thing.

I'd expect Coolderry to persevere with a 3 man midfield area for much of the game and pick up as much stray ball as possible coming out of LGs full back line. LG will play a straight 15.

LG to win if they sort out this flaw at the back, I think that's more important than the performance of Watson. He'll look after himself and if Coolderry double up on him, someone else is likely to do the damage - forwards are very direct.
    A Coolderry win is more likely I think, but they won't get it easy. Overall, they have more scoring players with all other things being even.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thewildcat

i have seen Coolderry in the leinster final in kilkenny and watch them saturday
    croke park will suite there forward line they have a lethal forward line
    plus their backs are tight and well able to catch hight ball.

ken hogan has them hurling a tipp brand of hurling wide open spaces didn't see much of shamrocks i think Coolderry the offalymen by 6 points

• Advertisement
Advertisement