Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on living in Ballycoursey or Oilgate, Wexford

• 07-05-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I hope I'm posting this in the right way - I'm new to Boards :-)

I've seen other posts similar to this, but I have a more specific question than I have found...

We are an Irish family (originally from Wicklow (me) and Kildare (husband)) who currently live abroad and are working on moving back to Ireland with our two children (3 & 10 months). We are looking at houses in two areas in Wexford, namely Oilgate and Ballycoursey, and I am hoping I can get some feedback on them from locals in terms of community, schools, general area, amenities, social / antisocial behaviour - in short - a good place to bring up a family or not?!

I should note that we are both self-employed and hope to work from home so commute is not an issue, although we would love to not feel completely isolated, and I'm guessing we will need to drive to school in either Enniscorthy or Wexford? Would also love insights into primary schools in the area - do they accept non baptised children?! (I see an Educate Together in Wexford which looks good...)

Thank you in advance

Advertisement