Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alba IC105 in car cd radio wiring connection for Nissan micra 1999

• 16-09-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi
    Could someone please tell me how to install an Alba IC105 in car cd radio wiring connection .
    Example : Colors wise ,

Which wire color goes with which one ...Thanks

Nissan : 1999

Your help is wlecome 1 vote

Your help is wlecome
    0%
    Your help is wlecome
    100%
    Protocol007 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Android

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

you could splice all the wires, but imo that's a messy job.

you need an ISO harness to do a neat job. like this http://www.halfords.ie/sat-nav-audio/car-audio/stereo-fitting-accessories/autoleads-iso-pc2-76-4-nissan-harness-adaptor the black end meets your stereo and the white end meets your cars loom.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Alba ICS105 uses standard ISO plugs, did you get any wiring harness with the stereo, what model stereo is coming out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Micra:

29365.gif

ISO Connector:

220px-ISO_10487_connector_pinout.svg.png

You'll need an ISO pigtail, it should have come with the new stereo. Mark the necessary cables on the Micra connectors (12v, IGN, GND, 4 speakers + and -) with masking tape and label them. Cut off the connectors, strip back the insulation on the 11 wires needed and match like with like for the ISO pigtail. I had a K11 before and put a stereo into it, I remember something odd about the ground wire. I think I ended up screwing a wire to the metal dash upright and using that? If you don't find the ground wire in the diagram above, that's the easiest.

Ideally the joins would be soldered and heatshrink wrapped, but you can twist both sides together, tape it for insulation, and tape the wire back on itself to prevent the join being pulled out. Chocolate block connectors or scotch lock connectors would be more suitable if you can get your hands on either, with preference to the chocolate blocks. I think even Tesco have them.

Advertisement