Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking To Start A Songwriting/Singing Group in Dublin

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frack

Sorry I was so late in my bailing, could do with a weeks notice before a meet up, anything happening for next monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Hi everyone.

A mate of mine attended this last Saturday for the first time and there were about 10 people in attendance.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Songwriter-Club/228119757249977?sk=wall

He said maybe 30 people attended the first one and possibly the rugby played a role in the smaller numbers this time out.

They met in some Georgian building on Parnell Square; The Teacher's Club. I'm not sure who organised it. But, there was some guy who works for RTE was also in attendance just as a passing interest and used to work on the Beat Box. He is trying to come up with a pitch for funding from RTE for some sort of programme on Irish music. I think there was also a guy there that worked on the protection and royalty side of the business.

I haven't followed this thread all the way throughout so i don't know if you guys are looking for a smaller more personal group but thought I'd mention it to ye anyway.

I'd love to go in but live in Ratoath. Might get the finger out at some stage and make the trek though. My mate will probably be going again.

Edit: Just read my own link there. There's a €2 donation for the use of the venue.

Edit 2:
    The next meeting is on Saturday 19th May from 2pm - 5pm at The Teachers Club, 36 Parnell Square West, Dublin 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kyla Tomlinson

Hi All,

As the heading says,I'm thinking about starting a lyrical songwriting group in Dublin....

were maybe once a week or every 2 week's we can get together,showcase our work i have plenty of mic's in the rehearsal studio and you're more than welcome to sing if you want,this could also give people the chance to sing in front of people,making yourself more comfortable,and then the rest can offer advice/CONSTRUCTIVE criticism....

we could get together in a city centre location,or i have a rehearsal room in Dublin 1 that we could use,if thats the case maybe 1 or 2 euro per person a week?

if anyones interested or has any advice please give me a shout

Hi there, I woould really love to take part in this. Sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Let me know when you have more info. Cheers, Ceili.
    Hi, this is Kyla. I left a message probably a couple of months ago now folowing this thread. I would love to take part in any groups wishing to get together, play, jam, share ideas-would be a great chance to meet people that are musically like minded! I'm itching to play/sing but I really lack the confidence, so I want to push myself into this!
    I'd really like to set a date for anyone who would like to be part of this. The rehersal rooms sound like an ideal place.
    Is anyone free next weekend!??
    Hope to begin something!
    Cheers,
    Kyla

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frack

Hey

I am very much up for this, as I said before, can offer up my sitting room for an hour or so just to get things going as long as the group isn't too big, I live in d 8

I would be up for doing this on Saturday afternoon if it suits anyone else?

Advertisement