Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Topaz New Ross petrol 161.9 today , but less than 2 miles away in The Rower Co Kilkenny its 158.8 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

New Applegreen Bunclody - Unleaded 157.8

(The Applegreen signs are not up yet but it just opened end of last week opposite the Credit Union on Ryland Road)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Unleaded @ 159.9 in Ronan Furlongs on Island Road,cheapest in Enniscorthy so far.

158.9 in Applegreen Ferns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭eagerv

Petrol 155.0 coming out of Waterford this evening.

157.9 for petrol in Ferns, 147.9 for diesel,same in Maxol in Camolin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

146.9 For diesel in Newline on the old dublin rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

New Applegreen Bunclody -

Unleaded

Diesel

I am pretty sure that Econ Fuels in Bunclody are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I heard on the news that petrol prices are due to drop by up to 10c in the next couple of weeks, and on another news station that oil prices are at their lowest since April 2010. Notwithstanding increases in VAT and carbon tax, I don't think petrol prices are only 10c ahead of where they were in 2010 so they should have a bit more to go yet. Watch Noonan having a swipe at this.:mad:

Nobody has told Kavanaghs on the Island Road about price drops- 165.9 for petrol today:eek:

zerks wrote: »
    Nobody has told Kavanaghs on the Island Road about price drops- 165.9 for petrol today:eek:

Surely retailers are entitled to continue selling their stock at current price , until they get the next fill at the reduced price .

• Advertisement

Surely retailers are entitled to continue selling their stock at current price , until they get the next fill at the reduced price .

They are always way more expensive than anywhere else.They will have that stock for a long time when they continue to charge extortionate prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I'd agree with this but when prices are increasing we are told they have to charge "replacement cost"

Basically what I'm saying is that they are far quicker to increase prices than reduce them yet always have justifications for accelerating increases that don't seem to apply to decrease and reasons to delay decreases that don't seem to apply to increases :rolleyes:

Its nice to see fuel prices coming down , but it is a sign of the economy in general.

If the economy improves , fuel prices will increase as well.

At the moment it is a downward spiral.

159.9 for petrol in J. Donohoes Enniscorthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

157,9 in rosslare harbour

Just bought 12 litres at Gala New Ross - 159.9 p/litre - best not to buy too much , if its going to come down as predicted .

Just some observations from a spin today regarding unleaded :
    • Carlow Town - 152.9
    • Leighlinbridge - 155.9
    • Bagenalstown - 156.9
    • New Ross - 159.9

156.9 for petrol at the Honda Garage Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

155.8 at Wexford Service Station, Newtown Road.

Great to see it coming down, but it wont last.

Came across a receipt in my car for January of this year when I paid 149.9c/litre for petrol. If oil is at it's lowest price since April 2010, you can get an idea of price history from this chart http://www.nyse.tv/crude-oil-price-history.htm, and there have been no tax increases since, why are we still paying up to 160c/litre? There has to be a rip off somewhere.

• Advertisement

bmaxi wrote: »
    Came across a receipt in my car for January of this year when I paid 149.9c/litre for petrol. If oil is at it's lowest price since April 2010, you can get an idea of price history from this chart http://www.nyse.tv/crude-oil-price-history.htm, and there have been no tax increases since, why are we still paying up to 160c/litre? There has to be a rip off somewhere.

Wasn't there additional carbon tax?

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Wasn't there additional carbon tax?

That was for home heating oil AFAIK.

Still no sign of the predicted 10c drop in unleaded .

The nearest to it that I can see is Carlow Town 152.9

That was for home heating oil AFAIK.

Unfortunatley it is also applies to petrol & diesel.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1206/breaking31.html

"Carbon tax is applied to a range of domestic and transport fuels and is measured by calculating the weight of carbon dioxide emitted by each fuel."

Bunclody is one of the cheapest places around at the moment. I am pretty sure these are the prices at present -

Econ
    152.9 (P) 142.9 (D)

Applegreen
    153.9 (P) 143.9 (D)

Texaco (Not 100% certain on this one)
    153.9 (P) 143.9 (D)

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Unfortunatley it is also applies to petrol & diesel.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1206/breaking31.html

"Carbon tax is applied to a range of domestic and transport fuels and is measured by calculating the weight of carbon dioxide emitted by each fuel."

)

Yes I know it does but the only increase since January applied to Home heating oil.

Yes, you are right.

I thought you were implying that there have been no additional petrol and diesel taxes since April 2010, but upon re-reading your original post I can now see that you meant no tax increases since Jan 2012.

The last tax increase on petrol and diesel was at midnight on Dec 6th 2011.

Filled up at Applegreen Bunclody today 153.9 unleaded .

Best price New Ross still 156.9

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

Price of fuel from the oil companies to the forecourts gone up by 2c for diesel, 2.5 for unleaded over the weekend......expect increases early next week......

trevr wrote: »
    Price of fuel from the oil companies to the forecourts gone up by 2c for diesel, 2.5 for unleaded over the weekend......expect increases early next week......

Gone up already in Mace/Maxol in Bellfield,no surprise there:mad:

• Advertisement

trevr wrote: »

The Euro has dropped in value against the Dollar and crude oil prices have increased slightly but once again, instant effect on prices in an upward direction whereas we never actually achieved the promised level of decrease.

Advertisement