Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fault 61 Astec Alarm

• 09-12-2014 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

I know it needs a battery change and also that these alarms are no longer being made. I've a few questions, can I continue to use the alarm with this issue? Where can I get a battery and approx how much would it be?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can continue to use it at your own risk.
    You will end up getting errors & faults on all the powered devices like bells ,keypad & PiRs etc. Don't wait untill you can't silence the system because the keypad won't respond.

Most of the wholesalers in the sticky can supply you with one othe those batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can continue to use it at your own risk.
    You will end up getting errors & faults on all the powered devices like bells ,keypad & PiRs etc. Don't wait untill you can't silence the system because the keypad won't respond.

Most of the wholesalers in the sticky can supply you with one othe those batteries.

Thanks koolkid, would you happen to know what type of battery I need?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yep.
    One of these
    2.1__12861.1405458051.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

• Site Banned Posts: 5 navanhead

girl24 wrote: »
    I know it needs a battery change and also that these alarms are no longer being made. I've a few questions, can I continue to use the alarm with this issue? Where can I get a battery and approx how much would it be?

Thanks in advance.

Hi no I dont think it will allow you to turn on alarm not sure though
    Most electrical wholesalers have them
    I bought a battery today for 12 euro in wesco in navan .

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eoinsie74

Sorry to barge in so late.

Trying to to a battery change DIY.

Ive removed the front panel of my control box in two pieces (top piece containing the small fuse and bottom piece with the "warranty void if removed" sticker.

What im looking at now is a circuit board held in place with a philips screw. Behind this circuit board is the battery held in place by a kind of cable tie.

Can anyone tell me how to access the battery without wrecking anything?
    Id attach a picture but I dont know how

Thanks

You need to remove the pcb by removing 2 Philips screws. One near the centre and one to the right. Make sure the panel is powered down completely, you can do damage here if not.

You need to remove the pcb by removing 2 Philips screws. One near the centre and one to the right. Make sure the panel is powered down completely, you can do damage here if not.

You're a genius
    Thanks

You're welcome. I take it all went well.

• Advertisement

You're welcome. I take it all went well.

I've gone as far as removing the battery. Just after buying a replacement and on way back to give it a go.

eoinsie74 wrote: »
    I've gone as far as removing the battery. Just after buying a replacement and on way back to give it a go.

Koolkid

I'm plaguing you here with this one but I've managed to change the battery and insert it back in in place with the circuit board screwed back in also.

The problem now is the casing.

I'm sure you're aware the casing comes in two parts. I've managed to put back on the lower part (where it originally had the "warranty void if removed" sticker). The upper part goes back on but the slot that holds the little fuse has popped out.

I can't get the fuse back into this slot, therefore I can't get the upper casing back on.

Am I talking rubbish ?

Put the fuse in place first. It will only fit in the one way, so if it looks like it's not fitting rotate it 180 degrees.

eoinsie74 wrote: »

Koolkid

I'm plaguing you here with this one but I've managed to change the battery and insert it back in in place with the circuit board screwed back in also.

The problem now is the casing.

I'm sure you're aware the casing comes in two parts. I've managed to put back on the lower part (where it originally had the "warranty void if removed" sticker). The upper part goes back on but the slot that holds the little fuse has popped out.

I can't get the fuse back into this slot, therefore I can't get the upper casing back on.

Am I talking rubbish ?

Put the fuse in place first. It will only fit in the one way, so if it looks like it's not fitting rotate it 180 degrees.

Done. Thanks for all the help. Genius!

Advertisement