Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Next Total War Game May Be Shogun 2?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

it runs well and looks good on my crappy laptop - Core2duo and a nvidia gt220m

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think I might preorder the collectors edition,anyone else preorder it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Is anyone able to win the single player battle they have.?
    Been at it for ages on normal level and can't

Maybe I'm not very good :o

I've loved the first shogun game, can't wait for this one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I have been counting the days.
    Was up in pc world today ,looking at laptops that can play the game.
    Sales guy showed me 4 that can play it.
    Now all I need is the money.Could be a few months before I can afford one.:(

I have been counting the days.
    Was up in pc world today ,looking at laptops that can play the game.
    Sales guy showed me 4 that can play it.
    Now all I need is the money.Could be a few months before I can afford one.:(

Word of advice for ya,stay well away from pc world if you want to buy a gaming laptop.you'd be better off buying all the parts yourself and building it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Word of advice for ya,stay well away from pc world if you want to buy a gaming laptop.you'd be better off buying all the parts yourself and building it yourself.
    You can't do this with laptops really.

Dell or clevo for gaming laptops I think.

I meant build a pc :) oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Those expecting revelatory improvements in areas like AI may be mildly disappointed by Shogun 2.

After Empire, that's enough to put me off it until it's been played by people who aren't getting paid to write reviews/provide publicity for the game and/or their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

The E: TW Demo sucked me into the series.
    I noticed the stupidity of the AI and dismissed as - Demo uncomplete game, full game surely has better AI !

2 Hours after purchasing full version I realised that I was rather naive.
    3 hours later I never played the game again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

I'm literally vibrating with excitement for Shogun 2!

Getting a new PC to celebrate and everything!

Got this in game for 45,limited edition,its taking an age to install,33%@2.0mb,been installing since 11:30 :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just downloading the patch? Anybody playing yet?

ya its much better than napoleon and empire anyway,runs like a dog on my computer though :(

ya its much better than napoleon and empire anyway,runs like a dog on my computer though :(

Thats good to hear. What specs do you have? Apparently no dx 10/10.1 or 11 support for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

why the feck does the retail version come with 2 discs then install by download over steam what a waste of time

Thats good to hear. What specs do you have? Apparently no dx 10/10.1 or 11 support for a month.

gtx 260
    4gigs ram
    Q9330 quad core @2.58 ghz

ya it'll be coming in a patch,dunno why we have to wait.Just had a thought maybe thats why my game looks horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

gtx 260
    4gigs ram
    Q9330 quad core @2.58 ghz

ya it'll be coming in a patch,dunno why we have to wait.Just had a thought maybe thats why my game looks horrible.
    Should run the game fine? Just not on the highest settings really.

why the feck does the retail version come with 2 discs then install by download over steam what a waste of time

It installs from the disk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just installed from two disks and seems to be downloading additional data through Steam

Though I do not know what this additional steam update is for

So what version did you all buy? :)
    I got the normal version for 40
    Game has the limited edition for 45 and that has an extra historical battle and I believe additional downloads but I'm not realy an online player
    The collectors edition was 75 and includes a chess set, looks class and not a bad option if you have the cash

Just installed from two disks and seems to be downloading additional data through Steam

Though I do not know what this additional steam update is for

So what version did you all buy? :)
    I got the normal version for 40
    Game has the limited edition for 45 and that has an extra historical battle and I believe additional downloads but I'm not realy an online player
    The collectors edition was 75 and includes a chess set, looks class and not a bad option if you have the cash

It's the 0-day patch. I got the same in Gamestop

It installs from the disk.
    Actually theres a bug linked to people who downloaded demo where it doesnt install from disk but starts to download the entire package, their is a workaround on the steam forum for the game just in case anybody is having the same issue.
    Seems loads of people are having this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

strange that it doesnt run well on your computer. how did the demo run? the demo ran fine on my laptop which is a lot worse that yours.

if i dont think the full game is going to run well i'll wait and get it once i upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Actually theres a bug linked to people who downloaded demo where it doesnt install from disk but starts to download the entire package, their is a workaround on the steam forum for the game just in case anybody is having the same issue.
    Seems loads of people are having this issue.

I had downloaded the demo from steam, and installed from disc no problem this evening.

Branoic wrote: »
    I had downloaded the demo from steam, and installed from disc no problem this evening.
    its not happening to everyone , check the steam forum there tonnes of posts , a workaround was sorted. where basically after it tried downloading the whole game for you you needed to pause it, delete all local content , take the disc out ,put disc back in again and it works then for nearly everyone

uglyjohn wrote: »
    strange that it doesnt run well on your computer. how did the demo run? the demo ran fine on my laptop which is a lot worse that yours.

if i dont think the full game is going to run well i'll wait and get it once i upgrade.

It ran grand and looked grand,its looks awful now and runs sluggish,I lowered the settings too,I dunno :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Was this not also the case with empire? that the demos ran well compared to the full game that didn't. Is there any point getting the game before the first few patches have been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Just got the limited edition for 33 euro, thank you friends with employee discounts, but according to steam its gonna take 17 hours to download :(. Anyone else get long downloading times

• Advertisement

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Just got the limited edition for 33 euro, thank you friends with employee discounts, but according to steam its gonna take 17 hours to download :(. Anyone else get long downloading times

Did you buy it on disk or as a download?

Advertisement