Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

electrobi wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a geek.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that, geeks have more fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

ffffuuuuuhhhh- I officially give up on anything under 25. nay 26.

zxy wrote: »
    ffffuuuuuhhhh- I officially give up on anything under 25. nay 26.

What happened?

absolutely not a thing. It's like I'm walking round and round in circles. (sorry)
    sorry again, its just complicated.

uuuuggghh the most beautiful thing I ever saw. ever.

(I am sober)

ok, this really really sweet girl bumped into me one night and we became "friends". (she instigated it) and it was all good, (was sort of seeing someone else at the time so it was like perfect). and she knew exactly how I felt and she reciprocated initially but recently I just havent been able to get anywhere near close to her. (I think I said something)
    She's far far away now anyway so I don't even get to see her. I get the feeling she doesn't want to talk to me anymore so I backed off. :(

(i know that sounds bad but it was all above board)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I love my graphic novels. When I could afford it I would buy a stack every Thursday but I mainly read scans online now. A few crossover stories from X-Men, X-Statix/X-Force . Kabuki by David Mack. Transmetropolitan/Fell by Warren Ellis, most stuff Ben Templesmith works on (Fell, 30 Days of Night,Wormwood) Manga: Bleach, Black Butler. Anime movies: Akira, Ghost In The Shell. I enjoy Comic book ref movies, Scott Pilgrim, Kickass, Marvel heroes movies: Iron Man, Spiderman 1 & 2

Yeah I'm a geek.

Yay for geeks :D

I love Transmetropolitan!
    Have you ever read Preacher?

awww. go me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

I love my graphic novels. When I could afford it I would buy a stack every Thursday but I mainly read scans online now. A few crossover stories from X-Men, X-Statix/X-Force . Kabuki by David Mack. Transmetropolitan/Fell by Warren Ellis, most stuff Ben Templesmith works on (Fell, 30 Days of Night,Wormwood) Manga: Bleach, Black Butler. Anime movies: Akira, Ghost In The Shell. I enjoy Comic book ref movies, Scott Pilgrim, Kickass, Marvel heroes movies: Iron Man, Spiderman 1 & 2

Yeah I'm a geek.

Kabuki is one of my favourite comics EVER. It's savage. Metamorphosis gives me a new ideas every time I read it.
    It's an expensive habit, one that actually got me off the drink as a young teen who was indulging waaaay too much in alcohol. So it's my favourite vice.

Fell is awesome but too irregular.
    I'm a massive fan of Freakangels - so much so that I actually went and bought it (even though Ellis puts it up free online - 6 pages a week).

I have a real soft spot for Strangers in Paradise (even if it lulls near the end). Love n Rockets is pretty cool. I do like a few classics but I have never had a chance to check out Scott Pilgrim. I've got the first book at home ready to be read after work.

I used to be obsessed with the Xmen comics too. I remmember spending all my food money on New Xmen and eating koka noodles for 2 weeks solid. It's really dark and messed up, excellent stuff.
    Then theres Ultimate Xmen and I loved Astonishing Xmen for it's quirky one lines (thank you Joss). I liked NYX too but that got kind of rubbish near the end too and the second series didn't have the same look or feel.

/ comic SPLURGE

Links234 wrote: »

Preacher is BRILLIANT. I read the whole story in 24hours. I stayed up all night. SO SO funny in bits.

edit:

And did someone say Dr. Who?
    Alons y! (...Alonso)

Have you read Crossed? it's from the same writer as Preacher

• Advertisement

Have you read Crossed? it's from the same writer as Preacher

No actually. I'll look into it. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭electrobi

Transmet <3 I've not read Preacher but have heard of it. I used to spend anywhere from €40 to €100 a week on comics and wish I could have carried on as it's not the same reading them online. But I will look for scans of Preacher, thanks

Transmet <3 I've not read Preacher but have heard of it. I used to spend anywhere from €40 to €100 a week on comics and wish I could have carried on as it's not the same reading them online. But I will look for scans of Preacher, thanks

I have it scanned. Could send to you if you want. There is a big torrent somewhere with a whole load of Garth Ennis stuff on the interwebs though. He's a sick puppy but it's excellent.

Eebs wrote: »
    I used to be obsessed with the Xmen comics too. I remmember spending all my food money on New Xmen and eating koka noodles for 2 weeks solid. It's really dark and messed up, excellent stuff.
    Then theres Ultimate Xmen and I loved Astonishing Xmen for it's quirky one lines (thank you Joss). I liked NYX too but that got kind of rubbish near the end too and the second series didn't have the same look or feel.

/ comic SPLURGE

I nearly fell out of my chair. I loved NYX (would make a great TV series) and agree, I got bored near the end. And Ultimate and Astonishing X-men. Gosh, I used to collect so many of the cross-overs that it would eat my wallet, and I didn't drink at that time either. It was so much more rewarding spending 80 quid on comics than the same on a hangover. I was so obsessed with Kabuki I would seek out the rare covers/imports. Also dressed up as her not only for Halloween but for comic cons in Dublin, where no-one else was in costume!

I think I'm going to have to buy a few titles...might start with Preacher. Let me know how you get on with Scott Pilgrim. I'm going to dig out my old collections!

Transmet is so good, I really have to read it again.

3881450074_b17b02e6f4_m.jpg

One of the most recently ones I've read is Superman: Red Son

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I really need to come to terms with the fact that looking on the internet for notes and study tips is not the same as studying. Its well meaning procrastinating. :P

^ Been there, done that. :pac:

^ Been there, done that. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We have an online womens one??!! Since when!?

Bolt?

http://www.boltmagazine.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Pretty cool website too!

(lots of good links!!)

• Advertisement

I nearly fell out of my chair. I loved NYX (would make a great TV series) and agree, I got bored near the end. And Ultimate and Astonishing X-men. Gosh, I used to collect so many of the cross-overs that it would eat my wallet, and I didn't drink at that time either. It was so much more rewarding spending 80 quid on comics than the same on a hangover. I was so obsessed with Kabuki I would seek out the rare covers/imports. Also dressed up as her not only for Halloween but for comic cons in Dublin, where no-one else was in costume!

I think I'm going to have to buy a few titles...might start with Preacher. Let me know how you get on with Scott Pilgrim. I'm going to dig out my old collections!

I won't tell you I have the original Circle of Blood (you know the trial issue?!) signed by Mack then and I found it in a London comic shop in the back issue section for a ridiculous 2 pounds. It was hard to keep a straight and serious face when paying for it. Could not believe it.

These days I'm happy with the novels though cus it's better to be able to just read through them and enjoy the story then get interupted by the comic ending or ads.

NYX would be a brilliant TV series. It's a pitty it sort of petered out after the first few issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 balou

Interesting reading all the posts fron the star trek fans and all that.not my cup of tea tho! Any sports fans out there?i'm a big fan of GAA and soccer mainly but i'll pretty much watch any sport except cricket and golf...!

balou wrote: »
    Any sports fans out there?i'm a big fan of GAA and soccer mainly but i'll pretty much watch any sport except cricket and golf...!
    Soccer (I support Man U, Bohemians and Barcelona) and athletics mostly for me. Will also watch rugby and GAA.

You know what we should have, an LGBT creative arts thread, like the one on C&H. You always have loads of people coming on here with poems and drawings with LGBT themes and it could be really interesting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

You know what we should have, an LGBT creative arts thread, like the one on C&H. You always have loads of people coming on here with poems and drawings with LGBT themes and it could be really interesting!

Yeah, only recently I started to get in touch with my artistic side again and have developed a fondness for it. I don't know if I'd post my art yet though. I may do someday when I'm happy with it.

I've been writing since I was about 8 and though most of it is crap and there are a few lulls every now and again that last a few months (ie in second year I wrote nothing but total crap). I love being able to like look back through all of it and go would you look at that, theres me in first year with a crush on that girl, thinking it was just me being jealous/obsessive, theres me coming out to myself, theres me messing with gender crap. Its like a photo album! It would be really great to see like yours and everyone else's work too. :)

I also just discover Ani DIfranco is coming to Dublin in January to the National concert hall. Only problem is its a bit on the pricey side-like €35 compared to all the UK ones that are like €20 or so :( Maybe thats not expensive, maybe I just have no money anymore! :P

Crayolastereo - go for it and start that thread if you want to.

Shall do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

Transmet is so good, I really have to read it again.

3881450074_b17b02e6f4_m.jpg

Transmet FTW, re-read it all again for about the fifth time recently. Never gets tired.

• Advertisement

is it too geeky of me to want to get this? :D

Advertisement