Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you delete apps from iTunes for iPhone?

• 25-07-2013 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I have apps deleted from my iPhone but when I sync my phone with iTunes, the apps I have deleted are always listed in the 'apps' sections of iTunes with the option 'install' beside them.

How do I remove this permanently from the list on iTunes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

You ctrl+click on the App in iTunes and select Delete to delete the App from iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Passenger wrote: »
    You ctrl+click on the App in iTunes and select Delete to delete the App from iTunes.

Thanks but that didn't work? Just tried it there.

Really?! It should work. Have you closed and reopened iTunes and disconnected the iPhone before you delete the App?

Really?! It should work. Have you opened and closed iTunes and disconnected the iPhone before you delete the App?

I'll try again.

I'll try again.
    [Removed Image]

Still not working. I wonder am I on the correct iTunes page for deleting them.

I have my iPhone connected. Clicked on 'iPhone' clicked on 'Apps' and up comes a list of all my apps included ones that I have deleted from my phone (those have 'install' beside them) and the apps that I do have on my phone have (remove) beside them. Underneath it says 'Automatically install new apps' and I have this box unchecked because it used to sync all my deleted apps back on to my phone every time I plugged it in.

• Advertisement

Ah.. You don't need to have the iPhone connected to delete the Apps. I delete the Apps from the Apps selection which is on the right hand column in iTunes. It should be beneath Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts etc. depending on your settings.

Ah.. You don't need to have the iPhone connected to delete the Apps. I delete the Apps from the Apps selection which is on the right hand column in iTunes. It should be beneath Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts etc. depending on your settings.

I am such a goon. I just found it before your comment. I recently downloaded the new iTunes (I'm a bit slow on the updating front) and didn't notice the previous Apps button was missing. I knew that it was not this difficult before. Thanks, got there in the end. :D

Ah cool! Glad to help anyway. :)

Advertisement