Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressmaker / Alterations

• 16-04-2009 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi anyone know of a dressmakers or somewhere I could get clothes made altered in Cork, Carrigaline/Kinsale areas? Have a few things to be altered and would like to get a dress made for a party.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 teenoso

There is a dressmaker called All Things Fabric in carrigaline/Kinsale area. Very cheap and quick and quality is great.

Her name is Mary I think 0876594050.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

got Deb's dress altered beautifully at the bottom of Patrick's Hill, can't remember the name but it's the first door on right as you go up the Hill from McCurtain Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 smurf05

Thanks for replies, went to All things Fabric straight after I got the response. I had an idea in my head of a dress I saw on TV and she made it in no time and it fit perfectly! I left a lot of clothes to be altered and she said they will be done for next week and she has given me a very reasonable quote for the whole lot.... Have reccomended her to all my friends I was so impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Apologies for bumping such an old thread, but I don't think a new one needs to be made.

Does anyone know if All Things Fabric is still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetaure

Hi, I'd love to know if this person is still operating, I'm getting married next year, and am looking for a dress-maker to make my perfect non-bridal dress for me. Can anyone help? I'm in Cork, so anywhere in the city/ West Cork would be perfect. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Not sure if this is any help but there is a lovely girl on the main st in Carrigaline, next to Phelans Pharmacy. She does alterations but is a dress designer by trade. Her name is Kasia ( Ka Sha ) I have only used her for alterations but I have seen others in there with designs and sketches etc.

Hi Curly, this helps, thank you. You wouldn't happen to have her number by any chance? Or her last name so I can look her up in the book?

Thanks!

Aurelie

If you give me a day or two I ll have a look next time I drive by !

Brilliant, thanks a million!

Here you go !
    K.T Studio Unit 3 Desmond House, Main St , Carrigaline
    087 1522002
    Closed Mondays

• Advertisement

Hi curly,

Thanks very much for this, I will contact this lady next week.

Thanks again!

Aurelie

hope it will work out for you .. let us know ( im nosey ! )

Hi Curly,

I haven't forgotten about you, but I found a dress I think I'll wear as my wedding dress in town at the weekend, and I will not be contacting this lady until closer to the day to make sure the dress fits perfectly (I'm working on losing a bit of weight...), so I can let you know how I get on then, but it will only be for alterations and it will be next year...

I just wanted to let you know!

Thanks again for your help!

Aurelie

Delighted you found a dress. Good luck with the weight loss, lent is a good time to shift a bit . :) hope all works out well for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

We used a girl in Blarney, very busy always but very good - wouldnt hesitate to recommend her. www.victoriadawes.ie

Well I haven't given up anything that would help me lose weight, I've given up talking about the wedding to my partner, who apparently was going mad!! :o

We used a girl in Blarney, very busy always but very good - wouldnt hesitate to recommend her. www.victoriadawes.ie

Do you mind if I ask you, what did you get done, and how much did it cost? Approximately?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Hi, sorry for the late reply - had to check with herself :)

She got the neckline changed, hem taken up and a bustle done - for 100 Euro, in addition 2 bridemaids hems were altered for 50 Euro. Hope that helps.
    Sweetaure wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask you, what did you get done, and how much did it cost? Approximately?

Thanks!

Brilliant, thanks very much. I have to work on this losing weight thing then I'll think about alterations!

Thanks again!:)

Advertisement