Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teaching resources online

Options
  • 10-09-2014 11:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, will be starting a bit of tutoring soon. Mainly English and maths(Foundation /ordinary level junior cert), I was wondering what are the best resources available online for these subjects? Thanks for any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

www.elsp.ie is a great website designed for EAL students but also is very useful for resource teaching. It's laid out by subject. I also get a lot of stuff from www.tes.co.uk. You have to register but its free to use and has a wealth of resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

TES! I've found the best way to search the site though is to just google "Adding like terms tes cardsort/quiz..."

There's always MangaHigh too if you want them to do some practice outside of tutor time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ill see your Mangahigh and raise you khanacademy (although its a bit Americanised!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭crappyireland

Pdst online also has some good resources.. I did home tuitor last year and found it quiet good for some subjects

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Thanks for the replies folks had first class yesterday and it went ok,thanks for help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

Scoilnet.ie - the national education portal

Advertisement