Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2010 Cooking Club Week 6: Chicken & Chorizo Rice Bake

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jasnah

Could this be prepared a few hours in advance before being put in the oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

I made this for the first time last weekend and I'm making it again this weekend. It was epic.

Jasnah wrote: »
    Could this be prepared a few hours in advance before being put in the oven?
    I made it up in the morning, Mixed up the rice, onion & chorizo but didn't add the stock or wine.
    I left it for a few hours, added the stock at half time in the rugby then cooked it.
    I reckon it might even help with the flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Has anyone tried this with some prawns also thrown in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Made this at the weekend and was really tasty. I didn't add enough liquid so it was on the verge of burning, but as stated it was quite forgiving. White wine and chicken stock is a match made in heaven.

Added half a bag of chopped kale to veg it up a notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

I made this today - was just DELICIOUS (I used Chicken Stock Pot too), together with a tray of slow baked leeks, more chorizo, cream, pepper, garlic and topped with cheese! It was GORGEOUS!:D, Nice1Franko!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

2014-04-12 20.44.32.jpg

Made this tonight with thighs and added mushrooms and peas as extras as others here have done...it was yum. And added bonus of necessity of opening a bottle of wine which I now have a necessity to drink...cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Can someone please tell me could I pre do some of this today and then bung it in the oven during the gaa game?! How much could I pre do? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Friends round for dinner so thought I'd give this dish a try. Unbelievable response from everyone, third or fourth helpings all round.
    Thanks very much OP, one of the best dinners ever. :)

Edit: Oops, just realised OP has closed his account, shame, but thanks anyway!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've made this a good few times now and again last week but this time I actually used the White wine. I love this dish, it's so easy and tasty but I don't think the White wine does anything for the dish so will continue making it without. Not that it was bad, because it wasn't, we just prefer without using wine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Gonna make this tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Funny, that this is popping up again. Made it on Saturday. Have made it quite a few times, everybody loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Dragging up an old thread. :) Was looking back at some of the old recipes and decided to make it again. Currently in the oven and smells gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Was trawling through OLD posts to find dinner ideas and made this. Tweaked the recipe with a good squirt of tomato paste. A new favourite I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

I am going to try this tonight. Excuse the idiot question but how does one know whether a white wine is dry or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I made this the other night and all in my family loved it. Did it years ago and forgot how tasty it was, cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Can't believe this recipe was put up in 2010! It's been a while since I cooked it and I really don't know why...!

2jerzno.png

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Made this the other night and it was a household winner. totally forgot about it until last week and i need to use up some bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Angelle123

That looks very yum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Made this tonight (sorry no pics)

Can't believe I leave it so long each time.

Pronominal plate of food for such little effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Silly question I know what exactly is 2-3 cups of rice? I have large mugs :)

Would it be 75g per person?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Silly question I know what exactly is 2-3 cups of rice? I have large mugs :)

Would it be 75g per person?

I'd say just do what you normally do per person when you're cooking rice

I do about 80-90g per person when making this and it's plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Very tasty meal. The rice certainly soaks up the wine/stock.

I would use a little more wine and more salt the next time I cook it. Maybe even another clove of garlic.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement