Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Done deal and pedigree breeders.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Shanao wrote: »
    Any responsible breeder should have homes lined up for the dogs, should have a waiting list prepared and homes vetted before even considering breeding the dogs. A reputable breeder can have a waiting list of dozens of people at one time, highly unlikely that all of these are going to be looking for something in specific beyond no more than a healthy puppy.

If any of these homes fall through, then they should be willing to keep the puppies themselves. They can spread the word through their breed club, on their own websites, but once more, I cannot see any point in advertising on a site like donedeal. Who's to say that the home you vet is the home that the puppy is going to go to? There are far too many irreputable people browsing that site, like puppy farmers, they will have ways to make themselves look like a proper home. You would be surprised what some people are willing to do if they see something they want.

Perhaps there may be a lot of animals in the house of a breeder who's homes dont work out, but any responsible breeder should have committed themselves to taking back any pups/dogs that dont work out anyway, so either way it should work out the same.

A responsible breeder should also match the pup to the home when the pups personality has developed. Every pup has a different need. Most people who want a pup have a sex preferance. A reputable breeder also might be lucky enough to have another breeder intersted in a specific quality pup. They possibly will have show home enquiries with specific sex chosen.

Yes a responible breeder will kep any unhomed pup, i wasnt suggesting that they wouldn't. A responsible breeder should also reiterate to homes that pup/dog comes back to them if the owners have a change of mind or circumtances change. Once pup is gone doesnt mean breeder has wiped their hands. I agree with you here.

If you saw an ad on done deal stating all the relevant info of a litter of pups, vax done ( and I mean all vax), chipped, health cert from vet, 3 generation pedigree, ikc registered, registered with breed club, and neutered, what would you think? Would this be acceptable? Should this be a line done deal should go down?

Advertisement