Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Proper Ka Band LNB's now available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

trade supply only.
    Please edit your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I told people they would be when the service is announced. All the regular suppliers will likely have them by the time RTE's Press release (which may or may not mark start of service).

There is no service yet (3rd Feb 2012). TV3 and 3e likely not on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

They are the same ones as onwave are selling online

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

A little birdie has PM'd me that Vanjak is a trade site with trade prices.

This is the link to the Onwave site as it hasn't been mentioned here already - http://www.onwave.ie/saorview_parts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,987 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

gtg60 wrote: »
    Just got an email from Vanjak
    http://www.vanjak.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=33187

Trade site but should be filtering through to people fairly quickly!

Seems reasonable at £19.59 on initial release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

If this lnb is dual polarity, does that mean it can be used on a toroidal dish, such as a Wavefrontier T90?
    It would suggest so to me.

Yes, it can, assuming the gain / physical accuracy of a T90 is suitable at Ka-Band. It's an unusual dish, I'd check with Wavefrontier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Using these on a regular fta receiver, do you just need to change the lnb frequency on receiver for it to work?

Yes use these parameters, sorted by Apogee, must be a DVB-S2 HD receiver though...

TP scan parameters are 10765MHz, SR 25000, Vertical, FEC 1/2, DVB-S2 QPSK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 channnels

Thanks Apogee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭zg3409

The KA LNB's are now for sale on eBay from some company in Cork with shipping to Europe.

Search for "Inverto White Twin Ka Band LNB Saorsat Compatible" on http://www.ebay.ie not .com

EUR 39.99 +EUR 3.85 shipping to Republic of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skanco

Sorry all I didn’t find this tread, I will be all right when the Spactsavers sale starts, my thanks to all for the good information posted here. I did order from the company as suggested by ez4309, and hopefully will arrive today. I also await the results from a colleague on the Isle of Man, who is a technical consultant with Arqiva, who will be able to tell us all what that side of the beam is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 C3P0

excollier wrote: »
    Yes use these parameters, sorted by Apogee, must be a DVB-S2 HD receiver though...

TP scan parameters are 10765MHz, SR 25000, Vertical, FEC 1/2, DVB-S2 QPSK

Thanks for the info, I'm experimenting with this atm, am finding a hotspot but can't get a lock.

Are there any other parameters to be aware of, for example, when trying to find the satellite using the transponder details, in the polarisation, I have options for H or V, and circular left or right. If using the values above, do I need to select vertical, or do I select C-L? And if I choose C-L, are the other values the same?

Thanks are due to Apogee, on the Saorsat thread, I only answered an earlier question.

C3P0 wrote: »
    I have options for H or V, and circular left or right. If using the values above, do I need to select vertical, or do I select C-L? And if I choose C-L, are the other values the same?

Use V.

As far as I understand C-L will do the same thing (+13V) but get it working with vertical and then check afterwards if they are the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 C3P0

zg3409 wrote: »
    Use V.

As far as I understand C-L will do the same thing (+13V) but get it working with vertical and then check afterwards if they are the same

Thanks, they do indeed do the same thing.

I eventually got it working a few minutes ago, although I had to set it to 8QSK instead of QPSK. Only got the HD box and LNB this morning, so a bit slow on finding my way around the menus. A quick google points that maybe the image on the box is a bit buggy, and needs an update (I think it's from last year, either 2nd Nov, or 11th of Feb.).

Pictures look very nice, not at all bothered with the absence of TV3 and E3, would mainly watch RTE2 and TG4 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

edit, never mind found the answer.

It will work on a T90. This dish changes the polarisation so you would need to set your settings to Horizontal rather that vertical. It may be possible on cheaper dishes too.

There is a thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056508099
    Particularly pages 1 & 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

C3P0 wrote: »
    I eventually got it working a few minutes ago, although I had to set it to 8QSK instead of QPSK.

You aren't using an AzBox receiver by any chance?

Now available from a supplier in London!

http://www.satellitetvshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=85
    This Twin Ka LNB is ideal for the reception of Saorsat on 9east, because its a Twin LNB you can run 2 satellite receivers from one dish and now receive RTE and TG4 all over Ireland and some of the UK. So far we have confirmed reception in Wales and the Isle Of Man, you should also be able to receive Saorsat in the South west tip of England

A bargain at UK£46.80

• Advertisement

You would have to ask, "Why?"

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

excollier wrote: »
    You would have to ask, "Why?"
    Why what? That website also aims itself somewhat at the Irish market too, with www.satellitetv.ie URL

byte wrote: »
    Why what? That website also aims itself somewhat at the Irish market too, with www.satellitetv.ie URL

Which is a bargain €60.27

http://www.satellitetv.ie/Ka_sat_lnb

I'm glad my map is helping people save money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭swoofer

yes and 35 euro at onwave, a better bargain and includes postage

gbc

byte

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    yes and 35 euro at onwave, a better bargain and includes postage

gbc
    €35 delivered sounds pretty good alright.

They were on sale for €30 including vat & delivery for a day, until they put the price up. I believe the wholesale price is 16/18 Euro but by the time you add vat, a markup, shipping etc, it's not a total ripoff in ones an two's. Shipping with other suppliers could easily be 15 alone. After October the price should come down with other suppliers at least.

I remember when Sky digital was newish a replacement LNBF was €65

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skanco

They are buying these in at less than £23 including VAT, and can be purchased for less than £30 in N. Ireland

byte

zg3409 wrote: »
    They were on sale for €30 including vat & delivery for a day, until they put the price up. I believe the wholesale price is 16/18 Euro but by the time you add vat, a markup, shipping etc, it's not a total ripoff in ones an two's. Shipping with other suppliers could easily be 15 alone. After October the price should come down with other suppliers at least.
    Hmm, what wholesaler is offering that price, as it's not the price I was recently quoted? PM

• Advertisement

16/18
    byte wrote: »
    Hmm, what wholesaler is offering that price, as it's not the price I was recently quoted? PM

I don't have access to wholesaler prices. Vanjek are reportedly selling them for €23.60 whosale, I don't know onwave's prices but I suspect Vanjek is getting them from Onwave not directly from inverto/eutelsat. I am guessing they are being brought into the country in bulk at 16/18 price range, not that they can be bought in small numbers. For the best price in bulk it might be worth ringing Inverto/Eutelsat directly? , however I suspect all their stock is in Ireland already.

Here is the LNB on Inverto's site:
    http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?id=241

I will discuss the specs on the main Saorsat thread as this is more a supplier/price thread.

Advertisement