Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project: StreamRunner

• 24-09-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

A little sneak peak at what i plan to do. I will probably remove one of the 120.3's from the top just because i think room will be tight. But this should turn out to be a complete monster.

97c06.jpg

Sponsors will be confirmed at a later date ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wow, Sub'd :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Follow'd :cool::D

Hmm. Kinda depends on (width of case/2) - 120mm versus any high-clearence components or RAM modules within the area of the mobo that the second fan bank would overhang - its a real precise measuring job to see of the overhang is viable. If not you're stuck mounting the second (upper) rad on top and making an enclosure to hide teh uglies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭game4it70

All that just to try keep a fermi cool? :P

Looks like an intersting build so looking forward to more info and pics.

*Looks again* I wonder where the optical drive will go...? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Solitaire wrote: »
    *Looks again* I wonder where the optical drive will go...? :p

You will see. I have something very special in mind for that :)

As for the 2 top rads, looks like i might have to go for some blackice stealth units to get it to work. The 2 ek ones i want are far to big even with very thin fans.

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    I have something very special in mind for that :)

Yay! :D
    The 2 ek ones i want are far to big even with very thin fans.

And as we all know very thin fans are bad for your complexion! CFM! :P

Anti,you decided on what fans to use yet?

I cant figure out what to use for my wc build i'm starting next week :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

I don't think he is able to answer you. He's been sitebanned. But he is using the XIGMATEK XLF-F1253 - http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=77&type=photo

B7240CDE9BD947988D37EE3372F37679.jpg

I don't think he is able to answer you. He's been sitebanned. But he is using the XIGMATEK XLF-F1253 -

Yeah i noticed that a few days later :(
    I actually bought the black version of that fan to test and wasn't impressed with the noise to air ratio so i've decided to go with gentle typhoons as i cant really find anything bad about them.

Thanks for the heads up though Ryan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Wouldn't have worked anyway.

He's gone, essentially, four rads stacked. Even with just two, the second one usually only cools to about 30% capacity. Nifty idea, but unless it's in subzero temperatures to begin with, it won't do much over a normal setup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement