Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

166man wrote: »

Edit: What do you drive out of interest Mr Scamalert?
    2002-2003_Mazda_323_%28BJ_Series_2%29_Astina_5-door_hatchback_02-4e257bbd54c0e.jpg this at the moment.same everything standard only tinted all black :cool: built quality is complete shyte,all car seems to be made of single sheet of aliuminium,rusts like hell,but only good point cheap to run and engine is bulletproof.(again off topic)but that alfa in the picture is ugly as hell no matter whats under the bonnet or inside of it,thats my opinion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

http://www.adverts.ie/car/rover/45/2000-rover-45-for-sale/1691456

rover 45 ,nct for about a year, 1.4 petrol very good on fuel,e/w,e/m e/sunroof,full service at 86.000 with t/b it now has 92.000 4 good tyres

Just needs tax

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

2001 Volvo S40

100,000kms - long NCT only thing of concern would be the 'some service history'.

Knock a bit off and be good value?

View2-12448886.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

pippip wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/rover/45/2000-rover-45-for-sale/1691456

rover 45 ,nct for about a year, 1.4 petrol very good on fuel,e/w,e/m e/sunroof,full service at 86.000 with t/b it now has 92.000 4 good tyres

Just needs tax

Pretty sure my 1.4 MG has the same engine, and let me tell you these are not good on fuel, 220-250 miles per tank! Still a nice car and a bargain though in my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cdublin

2190844_07_product_detail_large.jpg?1339887204

http://www.buyandsell.ie/motors/modified-sports-performance/kildare/205-gti-rally-cross

Okay, a bit pricey maybe, but don't ye wanna just drive the ****e out of this!!!
    When I see a bassharama like this I can hear the revs in my head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3523274
    03 Vectra Diesel with NCT for 1300€
    Would it be clocked do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

baldshin wrote: »
    Pretty sure my 1.4 MG has the same engine, and let me tell you these are not good on fuel, 220-250 miles per tank! Still a nice car and a bargain though in my opinion!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Heavy right foot i'd say :D

I drive 1.4 '03 R45 as daily car, get on average 420-450 miles from full tank:cool:

Back on topic they are a nice car for the money but are prone to the dreadded HGF issue (i'm on my 2nd in 5 years) which can be avoided by using a uprated gasket & keeping an eye on the coolant levels on a weekly basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

1 years NCT for €300

Might be worth a look for somebody?

Full-11256106.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

analfabets wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3523274
    03 Vectra Diesel with NCT for 1300€
    Would it be clocked do you think?
    Hmmm, don't know. Its a Vauxhall (English version of Opel) so it was imported from either the North or its a swimmer. Then again, it is in Roscommon, so that would be fairly common up there.
    I would be very careful about the service history. That vintage with no mention of a belt being done could be a potential time bomb.
    But, you would have to drive it to see and examine the service book (if any). Its right about time it started to give trouble, closing in on 10 years old with 100,000 miles on board. Sh1t wears out, just like all other cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

cadaliac wrote: »
    Hmmm, don't know. Its a Vauxhall (English version of Opel) so it was imported from either the North or its a swimmer. Then again, it is in Roscommon, so that would be fairly common up there.
    I would be very careful about the service history. That vintage with no mention of a belt being done could be a potential time bomb.
    But, you would have to drive it to see and examine the service book (if any). Its right about time it started to give trouble, closing in on 10 years old with 100,000 miles on board. Sh1t wears out, just like all other cars.

I'd be more worried about a claim that the timing belt had been done as I'm 99.99% sure all the 2.0 diesels have a timing chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

A BMW for this money, with this bodywork (see the spray paint in pic 2!!)

Must win Bangernomics Friday...

http://www.buyandsell.ie/motors/cars/galway/bmw316

2189781_01_product_detail_large.jpg?1339712439

2189781_02_product_detail_large.jpg?1339709506

2189781_03_product_detail_large.jpg?1339709571

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

^^ (bmw must win friday bangernomic!!)

Really?? :eek:

I'd give about 120e for it, and tow it straight to the scrap man who'd give me about 150!!

Couldnt see ANY value in that personally (and thats saying a lot cos' i love buying sh!te :pac: )

Also its the 1.6.. *shudders*

Edit: knock a few bob off and this looks like a nice deal
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3524295

View2-12453572.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

mitchaul wrote: »
    A BMW for this money, with this bodywork (see the spray paint in pic 2!!)

Must win Bangernomics Friday...

http://www.buyandsell.ie/motors/cars/galway/bmw316

I hope you're taking the piss.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

h3000 wrote: »

I will give the op the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thought he was in the skangermobile thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I will give the op the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thought he was in the dreamer thread..

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Saab Ed wrote: »
    DL plate could suggest its missing 50k but worth a look as a bargain load lugger.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3504358

View2-12363700.jpeg
    why on earth would DL reg suggest it has been clocked:confused:

Went down to Waterford to see this Saab

Full-12470155.jpeg

After nearly 2 hours drive I was there for 5 minutes and drived away.
    Car looks much nicer on pictures. Ad stated that car has cruise control when car hasn't got one the whole dashboard lining was cracked, paintwork was very shabby, needs one mirror, only one key and the remote doesn't work on it and the chain was rattling. Pitty as it looked as nice motor on the pictures.

Just remembered: it needs new SID as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

the bolt wrote: »

because when you live anywhere near a main city you nromally drive less miles then a rural car ( no brainer ) but then again... they do enjoy dogging the life out of cars up their... again plates dont matter... full inspection pre purchase does...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

analfabets wrote: »
    Went down to Waterford to see this Saab

Full-12470155.jpeg

After nearly 2 hours drive I was there for 5 minutes and drived away.
    Car looks much nicer on pictures. Ad stated that car has cruise control when car hasn't got one the whole dashboard lining was cracked, paintwork was very shabby, needs one mirror, only one key and the remote doesn't work on it and the chain was rattling. Pitty as it looked as nice motor on the pictures.

Just remembered: it needs new SID as well

It's up for a grand he would probably take €800 for it, in fairness like :p

• Advertisement

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    It's up for a grand he would probably take €800 for it, in fairness like :p
    He wouldn't. 950€ is the last price he said

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi

If the chain is rattling you can be sure that its not long before the engine goes bang with the now famous "oil sludge issue" they suffer from. been there done that

the motto is " when a Saab rattles WALK AWAY "

regards

brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Well done for walking away.
    Too often people let their hearts rule their heads.
    The interior is black leather, the door cars are a light colour, the dash is cracked,and the car needs a new sid. There appears to be something very iffy.
    The car may be an import too. ISHAM appears on the Service book, sounds like an UK garage. Together with the rattling chain sadly this car may only have a future in spare parts.
    Don't feel it was a wasted journey, you are now much wiser,when the next car comes along you will be able to suss it out very quickly. There are good Saabs out there it is a question of finding the right one .
    The 95 is a fine car ,keep searching. Unfortunately there is an amount of rubbish on Done Deal, but there are good cars too.
    Keep searching

the bolt wrote: »

Donegal is a beautiful county,however, I wouldn't buy a DL reg car either.Indeed cars with border county reg plates I rule out straight away.They may suggest an import and may have had the crap driven out of them by numerous previous owners!

h3000 wrote: »

It has to be for parts only! Surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Donegal is a beautiful county,however, I wouldn't buy a DL reg car either.Indeed cars with border county reg plates I rule out straight away.They may suggest an import and may have had the crap driven out of them by numerous previous owners!

That's just rubbish.
    So what if it is an import? Its down to the car and how well it was maintained, not where its from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

What a load of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Not a topic of conversation for here lads, start a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

NCT till Dec, 500

Proper 1.9TD :D
    Full-12541760.jpeg

NCT May 2013, 1000

I've never heard of a Peugoet though...
    Full-12545409.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

tumbleweed.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement