Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrsrobby

Hi Busymom31. My fis is up for renewal for the first time in June.
    What Documents do they require for renewals...do I have to send a form to my employer to fill out again or how does it work??

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

This time last year i got my fis today, i was hoping for the same this year but not yet :(. Obviously if they only started on the 9th yesterday it will probably be next week, i really was hoping to have it this week, ah well, just have to suffer for another week!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mrsrobby wrote: »
    What Documents do they require for renewals...do I have to send a form to my employer to fill out again or how does it work??
    They will send you out a renewal form about 4 weeks before your claim is going to end.There is a cover letter outlining all the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

yabadabado wrote: »
    busymom31 wrote: »
    10 weeks isnt the waiting time this year.

we have gotten fis for 5 years and never gone this far into april.

They are processing claims for people who were paid until 8/2/12 and today is 18/4/12 ,so to me that's ten weeks since they received a payment,I don't know how you could add it up any other way.Tomorrow it will be 11 weeks(11 Thursdays since they received a payment).

processing isnt the same as payment. all the 9th wont get payment tomor

the real waiting time is payment to payment.

Mrsrobby wrote: »

hi they will send u a form u will need p60 and payslips and employer to sign again.

the form is a bit shorter.

• Advertisement

busymom31 wrote: »
    processing isnt the same as payment. all the 9th wont get payment tomor

the real waiting time is payment to payment.

If you read my post properly you would see i have said that.Some people will be processed within ten weeks and be paid tomorrow and others will be waiting longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Annie22

My renewal date is 16th feb I rang today and they said it'll be 3 weeks before I get payment:mad:

yabadabado wrote: »
    If you read my post properly you would see i have said that.Some people will be processed within ten weeks and be paid tomorrow and others will be waiting longer.

to be honest the waiting time is when you get payment until you next get a payment and the waiting time is 12 weeks.

how the fis office are counting it as ten weeks is beyond me. ok so they look at the files 10 weeks later. doesnt help the ppl that are waiting.

the waiting times need to come down. as I have said before this isnt my first year on a payment and I have never been this far into April before I have gotten my payment!!!!!!!!!!!!! not before the office looked at my file but before the payment was back into my account.

we are on fis for a reason

its because your income is deemed to be below a level needed to sustain your family for its size.

If im lucky enough to get a job we will be coming off fis. and that will be a happy day for us at least I wont have to go through this horrible waiting time ever again.

I dont blame the workers in the office. I blame the ban on getting new staff in to provide a service that is fit for the users of that service.

sorry yabadabado its not you that im cross at its a system that makes ppl feel way too needy

thanks for all your updates on this and other threads. it helps ease the anxious 'will i' wont i feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 billysgirl

Hi, my renewal date is 2/02/2012 I was following this thread and thought I might get paid this week but no :( I rang yesterday and got onto a really nice lady who told me it should be next week. My pps starts with 57 so that might give an indication as to where they are at.

billysgirl wrote: »
    Hi, my renewal date is 2/02/2012 I was following this thread and thought I might get paid this week but no :( I rang yesterday and got onto a really nice lady who told me it should be next week. My pps starts with 57 so that might give an indication as to where they are at.
    They are processing claims with a renewal date of 9/2/12 your claim should be done ,it could be gone for arrears checking(>€2000)

• Advertisement

Hi, Yabadabadoo does that mean I will be paid next week? :)

Hi, Yabadabadoo does that mean I will be paid next week? :)
    they finished processing 2/2/12 claims at the start of this week ,so there is some hold up with your claim,no way of saying what it is or when you will get paid.

Dont understand that, when I rang gave my pps number the lady check it said they were currently working on 2/02 and that I should be sorted in the next week or two, if there were an issue with my claim would she not have said:confused:I might ring them again on Monday :( Thanks Yabadabado:)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

They are now working on Feb 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mommy bear

Not really moving very fast through them are they!Anyone get pleasantly surprised and get payment back before the 10 to 12 weeks?

mommy bear wrote: »
    Not really moving very fast through them are they!Anyone get pleasantly surprised and get payment back before the 10 to 12 weeks?
    if you read through the thread you would see it is usually taking 2 to 3 weeks to process a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My mam phoned yesterday looking for info as hers is up for renewal and she was told there is a 20 week delay :O

How do they expect people to copy for that long without it?

My mam phoned yesterday looking for info as hers is up for renewal and she was told there is a 20 week delay :O

How do they expect people to copy for that long without it?
    there isn't a 20 week delay on renewals,about 12 weeks at the moment.

yeah saw that alright.Was just wishfull thinking from me!Thanks for post Yabadabado.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Andrex

If anyone is interested they have just started the pps numbers beginning with 7 for the 9th feb. Hopefully i,ll have mine next week. Bit miffed though as my friends renewal is the 16th and she has hers back since last week

• Advertisement

Andrex wrote: »
    If anyone is interested they have just started the pps numbers beginning with 7 for the 9th feb. Hopefully i,ll have mine next week. Bit miffed though as my friends renewal is the 16th and she has hers back since last week
    Yeah have heard of a few cases where payments were back in order even though their renewal dates were later than others.Maybe its all just down to luck!your file in the right place at the right time!

That's great, mine starts with a 7 so hopefully not too much longer, it's actually 12 weeks today since i got a payment. Anyone else who had a renewal date of the 9th Feb hear anything yet?

mommy bear wrote: »
    Yeah have heard of a few cases where payments were back in order even though their renewal dates were later than others.Maybe its all just down to luck!your file in the right place at the right time!

The people who haunt them usually get their payment earlier. Sickening really. Everybody should be treated equally. In all fairness i could only afford to ring them twice as its costs a bomb in credit., typically those who can afford to ring nearly every day get theirs early, sods law.

My renewal was 2/2 no payment kept on hold for 20 minutes, did not have enough credit to get a reply! Has anyone with a renewal date of 2/2 and not received their payment?:( If there were a problem or issue would they not have told me when I rang last week? Or am I very naive!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

My renewal was 2/2 no payment kept on hold for 20 minutes, did not have enough credit to get a reply! Has anyone with a renewal date of 2/2 and not received their payment?:( If there were a problem or issue would they not have told me when I rang last week? Or am I very naive!

Yabadabadoo says there on the 8th feb renewals now,

midlands1 wrote: »
    Yabadabadoo says there on the 8th feb renewals now,

Hi Midlands, I rang yesterday and got through and the lady I spoke to said there was no decision on my claim yet I asked her was there a problem with it as my situation changed since last year, she said no that it is just there is a backlog! So I will wait another week:(

I got mine this morning, including the arrears. I'm the 9th feb btw.

I got mine this morning, including the arrears. I'm the 9th feb btw.

I'm the 9th of Feb too and mine was in my bank on Saturday morning too. Happy Days, it felt so good to go to the Post Office and pay off the bills :)

I'm the 9th of Feb too and mine was in my bank on Saturday morning too. Happy Days, it felt so good to go to the Post Office and pay off the bills :)

Thats what i did too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Annie22

I'm the 15th keeping fingers crossed mine comes through this week!

Advertisement