Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Local Elections

• 09-05-2009 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Who are you voting for and why??

As of yet I have not had 1 candidate to my door, which I am surprised by but I must say relieved by as I find this very inconveniencing when they do call.

But I am glad to say that today I was driving down the road and seen a sign for John Cassin as a candidate for this election.

I went to school with John and from knowing him and his personality I will be without a doubt voting for him.
    I always remember him given out about how public representatives are always up to no good and how they just screw the systems that are in place around them.
    I never actually thought that he would later on still have such strong feeling for it which obviously he does so as I say he's got my vote.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

I will probably be voting for PJ Kavanagh because since my electoral division of ballintemple/kilbride was moved from the Tullow electoral area to the Borris electoral area he is the only local candidate we have left to vote for. A crazy decision by the council IMO. I live in the parish of Tullow, went to school in Tullow, work and shop in Tullow but vote for councillors from Borris. It makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i was waiting for this thread to open.

What party is john cassin with?

I met john paul phelan and he is a good man. There is a lot of support behind him. No need to guess what year he was born though:-):-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭patrickc

there will be no shameless promotion, by those hoping to be elected, or by people canvassing for them in this thread.

there is to be no political arguments either just who your going to vote for and why etc

cheers

Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

patrickc wrote: »
    there will be no shameless promotion, by those hoping to be elected, or by people canvassing for them in this thread.

there is to be no political arguments either just who your going to vote for and why etc

cheers

Patrick

just incase it is thought that I am part of John Cassins promotion team or anything, I want to ensure you that I have not even said as much as hello to him since I last met him at his brother's funeral last year.
    i.e I only found out he was in the running when I seen his poster up on a pole like everyone else.

Just wanted to make that clear ....

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    i was waiting for this thread to open.

What party is john cassin with?

I met john paul phelan and he is a good man. There is a lot of support behind him. No need to guess what year he was born though:-):-)

I think it was a Sinn fein poster he was on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

I think they are all a bunch of wasters anyway,,

DANNY22XX wrote: »

Hence why we need to get in new people who will actually do something for us.

As far as I'm concerned the old skool type went into council for the underhanded deals etc that seemed abundant in the 90's~00's.
    now that all the corruption is been shown up for what it is (not accusing any past representative's in particular).
    My hope's would be that the younger generation will be more proactive in their representation and actually do what they are in place to do, i.e spending their time to help out the local people they represent and not spend it runnings around after the developers and other business people who need things "sorted" for them

What do people know about Walter Lacey, he is an independent. Does he have a good or bad name around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Lads as patrick said this is not a political debate, take it to the politics forum if you are that way inclined. Just state who you are voting for and why. Inform other people of the candidates if questions are asked and please try to remain unbiased.

What do people know about Walter Lacey, he is an independent. Does he have a good or bad name around the place.

That all depends on who you ask I suppose, I'm Sure you would get both answers dependant on who was asked.

He would be an old skool candidate... Knocking around a long time now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Walter Lacey used to be a PD.

Do people know who are existing councillors/or in europe. And who are new for the first time.

John Cassin is new isn't he. And Fergal Browne used to be a senator but failed in the last two elections to become a TD. Walter Lacey in the last elections got over 4000 1st votes - but i presume he is a councillor already.

Who are the existing councillors at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

cheers

Patrick
    <snip>

:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eddiehead wrote: »
    :pac:

Report it next time please so we can get to it quicker. :)

Removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Sully wrote: »
    Report it next time please so we can get to it quicker. :)

Removed.

Quicker? You took 3 mins ffs!

Anyway, back on topic now......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eddiehead wrote: »
    Quicker? You took 3 mins ffs!

Anyway, back on topic now......

LOL. Sorry, I thought that post was from earlier on in the day. My bad.

(3mins, pretty cool!)

what are ye talking about.

what are ye talking about.

Unless your a member of the CIA.. We cant tell you :P Nah, just a spammer I thought had posted ages ago but hadn't in the end.

Anywhome.. back on topic before patrick kills me!

so who are you voting for sully :-) :-)

so who are you voting for sully :-) :-)

Im not from Carlow Mise, so I cant vote in your area. :)

• Advertisement

ah well. Thats my attempt of bringing it back on topic.

I want to give my vote to new ppl, so trying to figure out who they are at the moment.

here is a website an independent one with a guide to all local and eu canditates country wide, and europe wide for eu candiaites.

http://www.micandidate.eu/

thanks pat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

DANNY22XX wrote: »

if they're wasters vote in someone better. unfortauntely politics effects everything in life, including the price of a pint and the price of a loaf of bread so not voting doesnt do anyone any favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Noel Barcoe is your man ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Thanks Patrickc

We had one guy to our door. There are no posters around where I live so I don't know who is on the poll

SV wrote: »
    Noel Barcoe is your man ;-)

are you going to back that up, or just say it for the sake of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

are you going to back that up, or just say it for the sake of it?

i'm saying it as I know the man and his family fairly well and he has his head screwed on the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

:DWillie Quinn :D now that is 1 sound Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

I'm voting for anybody not attached to any sort of political party! Thats if I can change my regisration tocarlow in time!!!

Advertisement