Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Fight Night 52: Hunt vs. Nelson

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

weemcd wrote: »
    Hunt really has the ability to ko anyone, and his chin is legendary.

I'll always wonder in my mind how good he could have been at LHW or even Middle if he was in shape. He'd have the power to starch any of them.

Does carrying all that extra weight help with ones ability to take a punch? I dunno, like a shock absorber or something??

Not directly, but having a very low centre of gravity may help maintain stability when absorbing a shot and not have your chin rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gumbi wrote: »
    Not directly, but having a very low centre of gravity may help maintain stability when absorbing a shot and not have your chin rocked.
    Plus the extra mass would impact transfer fee with a lower speed. Reduced the oul brain rattling about the skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Mellor wrote: »
    Plus the extra mass would impact transfer fee with a lower speed. Reduced the oul brain rattling about the skull.

Yep. I meant to imply that with the low centre of gravity, but should have done so explicitly rather than implicitly! But now I got to use those awesome words. So it worked out better this way. :P

Advertisement