Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Starting a writers group in Dublin 14

• 19-12-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm just throwing out the idea of starting a creative writing group in the Dundrum/Sandyford area of Dublin, to see if anybody would be interested.

I know there's a Dundrum group already, but they meet during the week when it's impossible for full time workers to attend. And I haven't been able to find one in the area that meets at the weekends. I'd really like to attend a regular group, so thought it might be worth finding out if there is any interest and if so I could get one going myself.

It would be in the new year, probably not until February. Perhaps meeting once every two or three weeks to work on writing prompts, discuss current projects and maybe even do some projects together.

Admittedly I don't know anything about putting a group like this together, or how it would work - but I have some ideas and I think it would be worth trying if people were interested!

I love to write but really want to improve and think a group would be a fun way to do this. I've gone to the Ink Slingers group in the Irish Writer's Centre which was great, but it's a bit of a distance for me to get to regularly.

If anyone is interested let me know, I'll throw the idea out on Twitter too :)

Advertisement