Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diego destroyed him in that twitter exchange :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

dave1982 wrote: »
    Diego destroyed him in that twitter exchange :(

Linky for the non twitterati!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Some lad posted this on twitter...http://t.co/w0xdRqARFS

Surely he wont even get a title shot in 2014???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

paulieeye wrote: »
    Some lad posted this on twitter...http://t.co/w0xdRqARFS

Surely he wont even get a title shot in 2014???

Shocking odds for that bet!!! Wouldn't touch that bet if the odds were ten times that, even if you believe he will be offered a title fight and win after his Dublin fight which he will need to win without knowing his competitor you would have to factor in his injury and the high chance it could be recurring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Oh my god!! What crazy odds.

He's injured, he's unproven against the top 10, he's nowhere near title contention, if he gets a title shot we let's presume it against Aldo........ all of these things add up to odds of 7.00?

I might take those odds if they were for him just to beat Aldo. But i'd still have to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭paulieeye

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Oh my god!! What crazy odds.

He's injured, he's unproven against the top 10, he's nowhere near title contention, if he gets a title shot we let's presume it against Aldo........ all of these things add up to odds of 7.00?

I might take those odds if they were for him just to beat Aldo. But i'd still have to think about it.

Lay the bet on betfair and make profits off blind patriotism!

Edit: that bet was placed 15/08/13, 2 days before his injury

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 DerpKehoe

The only possible way to get a title shot next year will be several injuries to people or coaching TUF surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Bet was placed in August. After the Brimage fight Paddy offered 8-1 he'd be UFC champ by 2014 and 9/2 by 2016. Lumped on 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,486 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Well at least we know he hasn't lost his speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

Diego Sanchez fought 19 times in UFC, FOTN 7 times, FOTY 2 times.

Should be showing the lad more respect

All respect to Diego for the above but IMO he is too tough and too eager to get into crazy stupid brawls for his own good. He will sound like below in a few. He has to learn to fight smarter. Great for fans alright but think of life post cage. A little off topic so apologies.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1H0yAcHP_4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Did Conor appear on the JRE yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

nothing on itunes as of today anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

UFC has expanded their rankings to 15 per divison now and McGregor has landed in at No.12.

Hadn't realised he was that high up the totem pole and that close to all the guys he's been calling out on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 38,989 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Locomotion wrote: »
    UFC has expanded their rankings to 15 per divison now and McGregor has landed in at No.12.

Hadn't realised he was that high up the totem pole and that close to all the guys he's been calling out on Twitter

Fight matrix has him at 19th now. But that includes non-ufc fighters, filtering by UFC only and they have him at 12th too.
    They might have had him above 18th at one point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Was just rewatching Poirier v Brandao. I wasn't overly impressed with Poirier to be honest especially considering the level opposition that Brandao provided on the night. I was very dubious about McGregor venturing into top ten territory too soon but I definitely think he could take him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Poirier fight makes so much sense at the moment but the UFC probably want to give Conor easier opposition for now to develop his skills and popularity.

Poirier gets wild and would give Conor plenty of openings on the feet. If it stayed standing I think Conor would pick Poirier apart and get a finish. Would be interesting to see how the fight would go if Poirier got a TD though. He's very active on the mat and has slick submissions.

Poirier did look impressive in his last win. Regardless of how poor Brandao looked, he's still a really tough, dangerous fighter and Dustin made him look like they didn't even belong in the cage together.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Poirier would be a great fight, would make a good co main event.

I reckon Poirier will be fighting before his comeback tho, and i think depending on who he fights, could be one win away from a title shot. So unless Poirier loses his next fight i cant see it happening just yet

Looking at the top 10 Koch & Elkins are beatable, i think Lentz & Siver would be tricky

• Advertisement

I thought Poirier's striking looked very wild open vs Brandao. I couldn't see Conor getting tagged as easily as at all. Different story on the ground to be sure, but maybe Conor is better than we give him credit for. Do we know how good Conor's TD defence is?

Cole Miller calling out McGregor again.

Too easy of a fight, but if he beats Sicilia you never know it might happen

• Registered Users Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor & John are on Ireland AM now

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Cole Miller calling out McGregor again.

Too easy of a fight, but if he beats Sicilia you never know it might happen

Don't think Miller is too easy a fight for McGregor. Think it'd be a dangerous opponent. Miller destroyed Ross Pearson on the feet, has good takedowns and is great off his back. Hope this fight gets made.

Miller would be a easier opponent than some of the fighters ive heard him been matched with, esp guys in the top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

When should Conor be back?

Think its around May/June

Edit: I made a booboo it would appear. Don't know why I had the notion it was a youtube video. Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,989 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Youtube tags only embed from youtube.
    Should be able to click link above now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Conor is featured in a new Heiniken add

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement