Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Council Water Infrastructure Map

Options
  • 29-03-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭

I've read the charter and can't see any reason not to post this here, but if it better belongs elsewhere (eg. property), please move it. We would like to ascertain the exact route an underground water culvert takes in our area. We can see from Google Earth the straight line it would take, however we suspect the culvert runs in a different direction. Do local councils make their drainage maps available for viewing to members of the public? Do they charge for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

josip wrote: »
    I've read the charter and can't see any reason not to post this here, but if it better belongs elsewhere (eg. property), please move it. We would like to ascertain the exact route an underground water culvert takes in our area. We can see from Google Earth the straight line it would take, however we suspect the culvert runs in a different direction. Do local councils make their drainage maps available for viewing to members of the public? Do they charge for this?

look Josip, it's just be cheaper and less hassle to pay the water charges than to go to all that trouble of tapping into the mains yourself :D

Seriously I imagine it's foul water you are talking about (surface water drainage etc) and the council would have maps of their own infrastructure for their own records (or at least I hope they would). I'm sure if you had a query and approached the department directly in your local council they would help you out. They are usually helpful if you need anything like that for new develoments / digs etc. Not so sure if it's a problem / issue that they may have created over ROW or ownership that they'd be as quick to help.

Could always survey it yourself or get a profession company in to map it?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

as far as i know, most councils maintain a map of water, drainage, sewage, etc, etc.
    first stop is to your local county council.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks Cargo and Fresca, the council have sorted me out with the info I need.

Advertisement