Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Notebooks / Samsung NC10

• 13-12-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm looking to get a mini notebook and after some research the Samsung NC10 seems like it would suit my needs.
    I already have a PC with plenty of spec and a DVD RW drive so what I'm looking for is a more portable laptop that can connect through WiFi and has basic MS apps on it e.g. Word, Excel etc.

I'm not the most technical savvy but can usually figure out things, so this might be a really silly question but I was wondering, if I buy the NC10 or another mini notebook and I want to install new software, how can I do this without a CD drive? Which is how I normally would on the PC.

Thanks a mill!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭teetotaller

u can get usb optical drive - 39e in pcworld, slim 70euro
    setup home network and use optical drive from your pc
    setup virtual drive on your nc10 and copy cd image on to your hdd from usb key or ext hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

u can get usb optical drive - 39e in pcworld, slim 70euro
    setup home network and use optical drive from your pc
    setup virtual drive on your nc10 and copy cd image on to your hdd from usb key or ext hard drive

No. 2 is the option i always go for.

Advertisement