Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back to Exercising after 8 Lumbar Punctures

• 12-08-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All, I recently had 8 Lumbar Punctures (Spinal Taps) conducted within a 12 hour period, and since then (2 weeks) I have been in severe pain with my spine and vicious headaches. I would like to get back to the gym and start exercising, but not sure if I should be or not. The doctors weren't very clear on it. Any advice?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

adton84 wrote: »
    Hi All, I recently had 8 Lumbar Punctures (Spinal Taps) conducted within a 12 hour period, and since then (2 weeks) I have been in severe pain with my spine and vicious headaches. I would like to get back to the gym and start exercising, but not sure if I should be or not. The doctors weren't very clear on it. Any advice?

Thank you

The only advice is that you should get back onto the doctor because they know the nature of the work and the toll it has taken on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 adton84

They said "Give it a few weeks and sure see how you go"
    Not exactly clear instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're still in severe pain and getting vicious headaches, I'd have thought the gym wouldn't be the best idea.

But aside from that, no one is going to know when is the best time to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Are there any exercises that you could do which wouldn't cause you pain? Of course the correct advice is to avoid all exercise until the pain and headaches go but not exercising might be getting you down so good to look into all options.

Would I go for max bench = no but maybe I can do some high rep pumpy side raises/ pushups/ Curls. Just something to keep you ticking over, but it has to be something that will not cause you more pain/damage

Advertisement