Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mynet.ie broadband

• 26-07-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,815 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever use them?

http://mynet.ie/offer/

Would be nice to get some genuine feedback about their broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone ever use them?

http://mynet.ie/offer/

Would be nice to get some genuine feedback about their broadband
    would be nice if the whois said who they are instead of domain by proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I can't offer feedback on their broadband but I can offer a bit of feedback on their website.

If they want me to take it seriously, I suggest they improve their spelling and punctuation drastically.

That website is so so bad for a company trying to gain customers. Might be slightly snobby but I actually can't take them seriously with some of that shít.
    Feel a NEW dimension of the Internet – You gonna love the difference

Jesus . . . .

EDIT: Christ almighty I just looked at their YouTube page.

Their main advert spells 'life' as 'live'.

On of their uploaded videos has the title 'chug bottel of watter'

Who the fúck is running this damn business? I'm actually pissed off just from looking at this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

callaway92 wrote: »
    I can't offer feedback on their broadband but I can offer a bit of feedback on their website.

If they want me to take it seriously, I suggest they improve their spelling and punctuation drastically.

That website is so so bad for a company trying to gain customers. Might be slightly snobby but I actually can't take them seriously with some of that shít.

Jesus . . . .

EDIT: Christ almighty I just looked at their YouTube page.

Their main advert spells 'life' as 'live'.

On of their uploaded videos has the title 'chug bottel of watter'

Who the fúck is running this damn business? I'm actually pissed off just from looking at this thread.

The company is Eile Communications LTD.

The company's current directors are Tomasz Nowak, Raeburn Yvonne and Mariusz Kamecka.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,815 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not sure what I think of this company, dodgy or legit. Its hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Headshot wrote: »
    Im not sure what I think of this company, dodgy or legit. Its hard to know

I have no idea, but I found it strange that they aren't stating what speeds they are offering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The company is Eile Communications LTD.

The company's current directors are Tomasz Nowak, Raeburn Yvonne and Mariusz Kamecka.

Ah right well that might explain the poor English. You'd think though if English isn't their first language they would get someone to write everything out for them.

I wouldn't go near the company for this alone to be honest. Also as you said above, no mention of speeds is an instant not a hope from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Things in your LIVE
    haha.

Good luck to them though. If they can provide a good service it doesn't matter about the site word will get around.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

alyssum wrote: »
    would be nice if the whois said who they are instead of domain by proxy

.Ie whois is different though. These people aren't using a privacy registration as that's not possible with a .ie domain name. You can't randomly register a .ie domain name, you have to meet the IEDR's requirements, in this case if you do a whois search they registered under Discretionary Name.

They do have a landline and 1890 number though so they don't look completely dodgy.

That website needs a complete redo in my opinion. I don't see any speeds either.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

I was doing some research on the company. It seems to be run by Polish people (I was speaking to one of their guys today), and they do appear legit and their website now shows their up-to speeds limits and to be honest they seem realistically priced, especially as they are offering "unlimited" data transfer. They're in Cashel Co. Tipperary, which is about six miles from where I live. I have made arrangements for one of their staff to do a site survey in the next few days and will take things from there.

I should point out I am currently with Premier Broadband (they're in Clonmel), and they can only provide me 3 Meg for 40 quid a month. Mynet claim they can give me 8-Meg for 35 quid. If the site survey is successful, it's a no brainer, really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Yes they are indeed based in Cashel.
    I am not using them myself, (as I have a contract with Vodafone) but work with people who use them.
    All very good comments I have to say. There is no contract, its pay monthly by direct debit. As I mentioned, I cannot comment personally, but the download speeds for movies, music etc are supposed to be very good.

• Advertisement

PacMan wrote: »
    Yes they are indeed based in Cashel.
    I am not using them myself, (as I have a contract with Vodafone) but work with people who use them.
    All very good comments I have to say. There is no contract, its pay monthly by direct debit. As I mentioned, I cannot comment personally, but the download speeds for movies, music etc are supposed to be very good.

Thanks for that input, it's good to hear something positive, especially when dealing with a relatively new company. They will be at my place one of the days for a site survey and I'll know then what's what. I am hoping I'll be able to take advantage of their 8-Meg deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

If you want to be sure check the detail of this company and get the names and addresses of the directors, names and addresses, also ask for their mobile phone numbers and keep an eye on this site to see details are submitted annually and in plenty of time. Also get the name and the address and mobile phones numbers and land line phone numbers of their directors because if they are here for the long term everything will be transparent, do not leave their accountablity and responsibility and that of their auditors, or not used as an excuse for poor accountability. It is the responsibility of the company directors that everything is done correctly.

http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanySearch.aspx

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

UPDATE:

Installer/site (line of sight) surveyor came yesterday but alas could not get a strong enough signal to merit switching at this stage. He told me they (MyNet) were in the process of upgrading all the time and once my area is improved for a signal they will let me know. In the meantime, if anyone knows of a decent crowd for the Jockey area, please let me know. I am happy enough with Premier BB (Based in Clonmel), but as I said before they can only provide 3-Meg. Scandalous this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I've got in contact with them a few times over the last 9 months trying to find out if they'd be able to supply broadband out to the house and spoken to both Yvonne (who is either Irish or Scottish, couldn't tell which) and Mariusz (aka Mario). The latter seems to be the engineer for the company. Never got any inclination there was anything dodgy going on with them, their story seems to be they're basically a local start-up who were as sick of ****e wireless broadband providers as the rest of us and decided to give it a go themselves.

Last time I spoke to Mario he said they were planning on putting a repeater mast up in Fethard to supply the local area (which I'd be closer to than Cashel) but that was before the local elections and I haven't heard anything since. Might touch base with them again though after 12 months I may just go with Premier despite problems we had with them back before Eircom deigned to give us 1mb broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

pat13wx wrote: »
    UPDATE:

Installer/site (line of sight) surveyor came yesterday but alas could not get a strong enough signal to merit switching at this stage. He told me they (MyNet) were in the process of upgrading all the time and once my area is improved for a signal they will let me know. In the meantime, if anyone knows of a decent crowd for the Jockey area, please let me know. I am happy enough with Premier BB (Based in Clonmel), but as I said before they can only provide 3-Meg. Scandalous this day and age.

http://www.celticbroadband.ie/coverage bit patchty around the H&J though

Chris___ wrote: »
    http://www.celticbroadband.ie/coverage bit patchty around the H&J though

Thanks Chris. I will check them out and see what the craic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Does anyone know and broadband provider that have good coverage in Annacarty. I have tried a few crowds but reception is rubbish there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LarryRyan

This is a legit company alright. Any of their customers I've spoken to says their speeds are great with no interruptions in service. Our community asked them to bring proper broadband at long last to the Glen of Aherlow and they responded positively. I will post some feedback in a few weeks once installed in the Glen.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tomhain

I understand that some people get their service outside of Cashel where there is no other option, but I have heard about many people using their service in Cashel. To be honest I don't really get why people choose wireless providers in places where you can get DSL. Their 8Mb option costs 34 euro. With Vodafone you get 100Mbps (up to, my speed is around 85Mbps) for 35 euro. I only had bad experience with wireless providers and more customers they get, worse the speeds are ..

Glad to report that MyNet is up and running successfully in the Glen of Aherlow. A good few repeaters had to be installed as the Glen is covered in hills and trees. 4 neighbours couldn't get a signal but my MyNet are working on this so nobody loses out on this great service. I can now finally make full use of my Netflix account.

• Advertisement

tomhain wrote: »
    I understand that some people get their service outside of Cashel where there is no other option, but I have heard about many people using their service in Cashel. To be honest I don't really get why people choose wireless providers in places where you can get DSL. Their 8Mb option costs 34 euro. With Vodafone you get 100Mbps (up to, my speed is around 85Mbps) for 35 euro. I only had bad experience with wireless providers and more customers they get, worse the speeds are ..

Maybe some people want to pay only €19? The cheapest offering from Vodafone is €35. Others might just want to support a local business and others might just want the freedom of being contract free?

Advertisement