Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of War Ascension

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Why does this game have so many performance issues? I don't have GOW3 to compare it to but the frame rate, AA and stutter while the camera pans are all alot worse than GOW3. And the bloom, my god the bloom effect in this game. Maybe playing games exclusively on PC for the past year has spoiled me and coming back to a current gen console i actually see how dated the hardware really is.

I was tempted to pick up God of War 3 on the way home from work today just to compare it as in my mind God of War 3 was flawless. Other than that the game is epic as per usual from a GOW title. The first boss/area really wow'd me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's all very same old same old so far, lovely looking in places, suitably huge scale, the first boss was pretty gigantic. But its near identical to the Colossus or any other large boss, mash mash mash, it flops over, hit R1, trigger QTE, watch Kratos run around using the environment to impale the boss on, rinse, repeat. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, handy it came with a 30 day free psn+ pass though, will get other games with that for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone find that there's a weird lack of music? loads during the big battles but then nothing when you're running around, the other games all had something playing even if it was just running about or solving puzzles, the camera placement is annoying at times as well, its very meh tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

So i'm really enjoying this, probably as much as the previous ones. The time altering stuff is reminding me of prince of persia and there's some great puzzles with this ability. There also a hint of darksiders with the doppleganger option. Reached the level of the trial of archimedes last night (playing on normal), got to the third wave on my first go and then left it be so hoping to be finished it tonight for trade-in tomorrow. Hopefully gamestop are still doing the 25% extra and I might pre-order the new metro 2033.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Anyone feel free to use this:

Congratulations on completing the single player mode in God of War: Ascension™ on PlayStation®3 – you are now on the path to becoming a fearsome god among men. And that’s not all – as a reward for your impressive feats, here’s a 24 hour multiplayer XP bonus. Which means as soon as you redeem your voucher code, you have a full day to earn bonus experience points in God of War: Ascension’s brutally brilliant multiplayer mode.

Redeem your voucher code below from PlayStation Store:

2EBR-KQNQ-PM6L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So is this worth getting I just finished 3 today , and finished all the others too (including PSP 2 )

Is it any bit diffrent atal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

anyone here who has this game living around leixlip area?? i want to access the demo for the last of us but need this game to access it (only need teh game for like a minute)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started playing this yesterday.

Had a glitch when getting Poseiden's power and the roomwas all dark. Thought it was part of it but couldn't see the enemies so died. Lights were on when restarted.

Also I find it really annoying and hard to see when it zooms out so far that I can't make Kratos out among the enemies unless he attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I had a bad glitch playing this last night too. I was using the Amulet to reconstruct the aqueduct and I had the puzzle complete. As I was about to jump to the next platform I missed my jump and fell off the newly constructed water wheel. I was then unable to use the Amulet to deconstruct it to get back to where I was. Had to restart because there was no way for me to kill myself.

Also, am I imagining things or is there next to no music score in this game. I'm about 6 hours in and all I remember is near silence apart from soundeffects and the odd bit of music when the action heats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry to bump this thread but got 2 random mails from Sony today. One saying Last of Us was now available to purchase from the store and the other saying

as a reward for your impressive feats, here’s a 24 hour multiplayer XP bonus. Which means as soon as you redeem your voucher code, you have a full day to earn bonus experience points in God of War: Ascension’s brutally brilliant multiplayer mode.

I don;t play the multiplayer, so if anyone here wants the code, let me know

• Advertisement
Advertisement