Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    My own personal favourites are things like Darius, Darius II, Darius Twin, Darius Alpha, Darius R, Darius Force, Darius Gaiden, Darius Plus, Super Darius, Super Darius II, G-Darius, G-Darius v2.0, Darius Burst, Darius Burst Another Chronicle, Darius Burst Another Chronicle EX, Darius Burst Second Prologue etc.

FYP. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pyongyang wrote: »
    My own personal favourites are things like Darius, Darius II, Darius Twin, Darius Alpha, Darius R, Darius Force, Darius Gaiden, Darius Plus, Super Darius, Super Darius II, G-Darius, G-Darius v2.0, Darius Burst, Darius Burst Another Chronicle, Darius Burst Another Chronicle EX, Darius Burst Second Prologue etc.
    FYP.

FYP. :)

Quantity over quality eh. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gradius. The shmup series for non-chumps.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gradius. The shmup series for Salmonhamburger lovers.

Darius. The shmup series for the carefree 'chap', lover of fine things and the all round gent of good taste.

FYP. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Salmon is a much finer fish than... well whatever the **** Darius's bosses are.

• Advertisement

Salmon is a much finer fish than... well whatever the **** Darius's bosses are.

King Fossil was reared on a balanced diet of WD-40, Lucozade and Vitriol. Feast upon the brilliance of King Fossil!

Like yer wan from Ghostbusters, don't argue, if you're not a God just choose your death! :D

Yup it was atavan.

Hah no way. Fair play atavan, I was expecting you to sound like

shane_macgowan_1857727.jpg

not

article-1097259-000C6FC300000258-675_233x423.jpg

(Aled Jones of Walking In The Air fame)

I like Queen Fossil better. That's up there with my favourite shmup boss fights alongside Radiant Silverguns R-type tribute.

Hmm, we're using all our podcast material here! :(

I like all the bosses, but then I would I guess being a fan and all that. For me though King Fossil is the best because he is iconic. A Darius game without King Fossil would be like a Sonic game without Sonic etc... Just not right.

Well, unless it's Luigi's Mansion which was good. But you know what I mean.

King Fossil IS the Darius series poster child. :)

King Fossil was reared on a balanced diet of WD-40, Lucozade and Vitriol. Feast upon the brilliance of King Fossil!

Like yer wan from Ghostbusters, don't argue, if you're not a God just choose your death! :D

Why is he called Fossil - was he dug up out of the ground or something?

• Advertisement

Whatever about Darius, I wish Square hadn't swallowed up Taito and Zuntata were still making videogame music.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Why is he called Fossil - was he dug up out of the ground or something?
    As all Fossils, King Fossil is a coelacanth. The coelacanths are living prehistoric animals that lived for milions of years in the seas. Now only exists two species of coelecanths, both of them belong to the family Latimeridae. The most representative species is the common coelecanth (Latimeria Chalumnae).

Whatever about Darius, I wish Square hadn't swallowed up Taito and Zuntata were still making videogame music.

You can enjoy lots of new Zuntata Darius Burst live concerts though! :D Have you seen the amazing new live DVD? The rendition of Goodbye My Earth is absolutely mindblowing. Especially via a juicy AV setup. Very haunting vocals performance. Exquisite. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    not

article-1097259-000C6FC300000258-675_233x423.jpg
    he's about that age and height anyway :P
    my poor hobbit-kun

Yeah he's a bit like a Mogwai. Innocent and cute until you get booze into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Think our fan needs the next installment :D
    This one's really grown on me. More episodes please, I've run out!

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33190

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Think our fan needs the next installment :D
    I'd love to do a music one, think we could get loads in for that you wouldn't need to know too much and would probally be easy going :cool:

Still waiting on that Zelda part 2 to make an appearance. :(

I'll give Dinorex a good talking to tonight, he's home now so has no excuses :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Ha. Will try and get it up this evening.

I'm in the kind of job where if I take a holiday all my work just builds up and I have to do double the amount of things when I get back.

I was joking sure, take your time. We'll have to get back recording soon, maybe saturday afternoon or whenever Sarah is down? Unless you are busy of course.

• Advertisement

I was joking sure, take your time. We'll have to get back recording soon, maybe saturday afternoon or whenever Sarah is down? Unless you are busy of course.

As long as I'm not too hungover from Good Friday I should be good to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think I'm off on Saturday but maybe not. If I am then I'll come along and say stuff relative to the topic!

Also a driving/racing genre and Pokémon episode needs to happen.

Is a podcast happening tomorrow? I'm keen! Although I have lurgy at the moment. :(

Bought a Blue Yeti yesterday so could use that on a Skype call-in next week if anyones keen?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DinoRex wrote: »
    To me the white dog poo is a key indicator of the recession.

But yes. Always free to come on down. We can look at getting Sykpe up and running too.

Come on DinoRex get it right
    "when i was a kid there was white dog sh!t on every corner, now you don't see it for love nor money"

Is a podcast happening tomorrow? I'm keen! Although I have lurgy at the moment. :(

Bought a Blue Yeti yesterday so could use that on a Skype call-in next week if anyones keen?

Nope unfortunately, sorry. Both Dinorex and me are busy so looks like it's not going ahead. My play is finished tomorrow night so maybe we can get back to being semi regular then :)

Nope unfortunately, sorry. Both Dinorex and me are busy so looks like it's not going ahead. My play is finished tomorrow night so maybe we can get back to being semi regular then :)

Ah well, always another time to do it. Deffo looking forward to contributing on an episode if I may. :)

Stoner wrote: »
    Come on DinoRex get it right
    "when i was a kid there was white dog sh!t on every corner, now you don't see it for love nor money"

I wasn't quoting anything... I actually saw some white dog poo for the first time since the 80s.

Either the dogs are been fed economy dog food or the poo is going unpicked up for a long time... either way it means recession!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

if its any use I should be able to make one this Saturday if its happening?
    (first time between baby/work/stuff that I might be free on a saturday in aaaaages)

Well, who wants to record one tomorrow then?

• Advertisement

I'll be travelling to Limerick so can't do it. Maybe a phone in if it's at a time that suits?

Advertisement