Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Places to eat in Thurles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Anyone been in Buon Giorno?
    Was (formerly New Street and Sous le Vent before that)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

jprboy wrote: »
    Was (formerly New Street and Sous le Vent before that)

been there twice, the first time the food was barely lukewarm and nasty. Second time I got food poisoning as did other members of my party

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

I was there last weekend and the food was fine, nothing spectacular but nothing wrong with it.

The cold plates were the only thing I could fault them for.

Anyone been to Le Frene?
    This is where Buon Giorno, New Street and Sous le Vent traded from in the past.

Anyone been to Le Frene?
    This is where Buon Giorno, New Street and Sous le Vent traded from in the past.

A mate was there and said they have a tidy waitress.

He may have mentioned the food but I sort of lost him after the first bit.

:D

• Advertisement

Cerbera wrote: »
    A mate was there and said they have a tidy waitress.

He may have mentioned the food but I sort of lost him after the first bit.

:D

Thanks but I don't think I can sell the place to the OH on this basis :pac:
    Anyone else?

Thanks but I don't think I can sell the place to the OH on this basis :pac:
    Anyone else?
    not a bad place to eat at all but service very slow

not a bad place to eat at all but service very slow

Thanks.
    What are the prices like?

Thanks.
    What are the prices like?

As you are probably aware La Freine is now gone the bridge cafe is the new place there. Its run by Louise that runs the RUnner Bean down in Stakelums. I've eaten there twice and and the food is great, they are only open til six so do more of a breakfast/lunch time trade but anytime i've passed it there always seems to be someone in there. I would highly recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

In the past 20 years that place was over 40 different restaurants. I can remember it was a newsagent back in 1992/3 it must hold the world record as every few months it has a new name and owner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

chris2008x wrote: »
    In the past 20 years that place was over 40 different restaurants. I can remember it was a newsagent back in 1992/3 it must hold the world record as every few months it has a new name and owner
    That could all change now with this new tidy waitress in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

chris2008x wrote: »

This is the place beside the CBS primary school?
    I term ever it as a news agents too. Went to school there in 1988, not the news agents, but the school ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

Had a wrap in Naomi's there a few weeks ago at Westgate. You'd go far to get nicer and very reasonable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

sticksman wrote: »
    Had a wrap in Naomi's there a few weeks ago at Westgate. You'd go far to get nicer and very reasonable too.

Hello Naomi :D

Anyone know what's going into where abrakebabra was in the square

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

heard lar corbet along with someone else is opening an Italian in what was the park avenue soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joey2d

Anyone try the new Ginos diner thinking of going there at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

joey2d wrote: »
    Anyone try the new Ginos diner thinking of going there at the weekend

Hi Mr. Gino.
    Nice first post!! :-)
    Hope the new biz goes well for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Any suggestions for somewhere for dinner in Thurles on Sunday evening?

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for somewhere for dinner in Thurles on Sunday evening?

Mitchel House

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Mitchel House
    or Puccinis in Friar street.

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    or Puccinis in Friar street.

I'd find it hard to recommend there :eek:

Although the food is nice the portions are tiny and the service is so slow it's unvbelievable.

Mitchel House would be a far better bet .... unless the poster wants to spend Sunday evening and most of Sunday night there and head home via the Mona

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

I'd find it hard to recommend there :eek:

Although the food is nice the portions are tiny and the service is so slow it's unvbelievable.

Mitchel House would be a far better bet .... unless the poster wants to spend Sunday evening and most of Sunday night there and head home via the Mona

Have to agree with this. We spent over an hour waiting for the starter. Over priced too. But there's always the entertainment in the form of the kitchen staff and chef and head waiter having lots of very heated words with each other.
    Id have to recommend Star of India, lovely food and staff.

anmhi02 wrote: »
    ... But there's always the entertainment in the form of the kitchen staff and chef and head waiter having lots of very heated words with each other...

There's absolutely no entertainment if you're stuck upstairs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Hi, me and my hubby will be in thurles for a few days the second week of november, can anyone recommend a good indian? thnaks

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    Hi, me and my hubby will be in thurles for a few days the second week of november, can anyone recommend a good indian? thnaks

There are 2 Indiana in Thurles...Shimla and Star of India. I personally much prefer the Star of India. Both are within walking distance from the town square.
    Enjoy your stay.:-)

anmhi02 wrote: »
    There are 2 Indiana in Thurles...Shimla and Star of India. I personally much prefer the Star of India. Both are within walking distance from the town square.
    Enjoy your stay.:-)
    thanks a mil. do you know what pubs do good guinness? the hubby will be happy to know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Hope you're not doing a groupon in the anner!

digzy wrote: »
    Hope you're not doing a groupon in the anner!
    we are staying in the anner but booked it through their website. not into groupon at all and know very little about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

we are staying in the anner but booked it through their website. not into groupon at all and know very little about it

I know it's off topic, but I stayed there last February. 'Twas an experience! I'd take the advice given about restaurants given already. It's some hole.

Advertisement