Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon league! Meet ups every Tuesday 6-9pm.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Changed the date to Saturday 2 weeks from now. Hopefully I've planned it early enough so people can arrange time off or whatever :D

And yes I am aware that this is the day of the Madrid VGC, but if those who are going to Madrid want to have a meetup the Saturday before that can also be arranged and we'll still have the 19th meetup.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Changed the date to Saturday 2 weeks from now. Hopefully I've planned it early enough so people can arrange time off or whatever :D

And yes I am aware that this is the day of the Madrid VGC, but if those who are going to Madrid want to have a meetup the Saturday before that can also be arranged and we'll still have the 19th meetup.
    I can't make either of these I'm afraid. I'm demoing Mario Galaxy 2 all day on Saturday the 12th and at VGC Madrid on Saturday the 19th.

But heck if anyone wants to meet unoffically during the week I can usually do that for an hour or do

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...I'm demoing Mario Galaxy 2 all day on Saturday the 12th and at VGC Madrid on Saturday the 19th.

Do you actually work for the big N or for one of the games shops?

Do you actually work for the big N or for one of the games shops?
    For the Big N through an agency in a shop (on this occasion Smyths on Jervis Street)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ffs. I'm working saturday. i literally work every 2nd saturday, and yet again you pick a day that i AM working ;__;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Ugh, gf is in Dublin for 4 days starting on the 19th, no can do :(

Anyone just wanna randomly do something... Thursday, why not? I'm bored during the week... Really should get a job, but that's a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

For the Big N through an agency in a shop (on this occasion Smyths on Jervis Street)

I was looking for you when I bought Galaxy 2 there on Friday but you were on your break!

I can't make the next meetup

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

[off topic] Galaxy 2 is AWESOME. [/off topic]

and a day that I'm not working. PLEASE. :pac:
    When are you working?
    ffs. I'm working saturday. i literally work every 2nd saturday, and yet again you pick a day that i AM working ;__;
    If you might actually inform us when you are available instead of just posting and complaining that you can't go and moaning that we pick the wrong days we could actually plan meet ups for days that you can attend. We're not bloody mind readers.
    Urizen wrote: »
    Ugh, gf is in Dublin for 4 days starting on the 19th, no can do :(

Anyone just wanna randomly do something... Thursday, why not? I'm bored during the week... Really should get a job, but that's a different story.
    I'm around Thursday anyway. I have to meet someone in the evening, but during the day is still good. Can anyone else pop in on Thursday?
    elekid wrote: »
    I was looking for you when I bought Galaxy 2 there on Friday but you were on your break!
    [offtopic]My first break on the first day and someone I know pops in, typical! :p[/offtopic]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't make the one this Sat, but hopefully I can do one the next time we have one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sorry I won't be able to make this meetup. I've to do a car boot sale which means being up at 4 am :(

Can I be so bold as to suggest a Meet up for this Saturday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If we do have one this Sat, I can't make it cause it's my friends 18th. There is a few meet-ups in Dub from the Rock & Metal section on possibly a few Saturdays next month, so I could probably make some then.

Yep, but I'm not sure if it'll be a good idea as the gay pride parade is on. Town will be very busy if people are getting buses and whatnot so I was going to suggest the saturday after or any other day.

Yep, but I'm not sure if it'll be a good idea as the gay pride parade is on. Town will be very busy if people are getting buses and whatnot so I was going to suggest the saturday after or any other day.
    Good point, I didn't know there was anything on in town on Saturday.

If anyone wants to meet before Saturday or anytime after, just post here or if people want to do it on Saturday anyway I don't mind :)

If anyone wants to meet before Saturday or anytime after, just post here or if people want to do it on Saturday anyway I don't mind :)
    Well I'm around all day until Friday this week when I'll have work in the weekend evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The one saturday I might have actually been around and the gays have to ruin it on me! Those darned gays!

Banjo wrote: »
    The one saturday I might have actually been around and the gays have to ruin it on me! Those darned gays!
    Going slightly off topic, but gays are people too. We have our Pokémon events, let them have a Parade once a year.

Does anyone know the exact time and place this parade is going on? We could always change our location to avoid the Parade. We can work around little things like this :)

Does anyone know the exact time and place this parade is going on? We could always change our location to avoid the Parade. We can work around little things like this :)

Currently looking it up now :)

• Advertisement

Okay, copy & pasted from the site:

Get your walking boots on and join us in the largest,
    loudest celebration of our diversity, culture and spirit yet.
    Kick-off is at 2pm from the Garden of Remembrance,
    Parnell Square and we take over the streets of Dublin.

Venue: Garden Of Remembrance, Parnell Sq, D1

Time: Moving off at 2pm

Admission: Free

Map: B1

We could be okay, but maybe if we met up at a slightly earlier time?

Currently looking it up now :)
    Okay, copy & pasted from the site:

Get your walking boots on and join us in the largest,
    loudest celebration of our diversity, culture and spirit yet.
    Kick-off is at 2pm from the Garden of Remembrance,
    Parnell Square and we take over the streets of Dublin.

Venue: Garden Of Remembrance, Parnell Sq, D1

Time: Moving off at 2pm

Admission: Free

Map: B1

We could be okay, but maybe if we met up at a slightly earlier time?
    We didend up double posting this, but the Parade starts at the Garden of Remembrance at 2pm and travels down O'Connell Street and onto Trinty and finishes at Lord Edward Street.

If we were to meet at St.Stephan's Green Shopping center, go upstairs and get coffee/food at the food court we could stay as long as we want avoiding the parade fully. Does this suit anyone?

I'm happy do go with Atavan's idea too ^_^

We'll proberly end up double posting this, but the Parade starts at the Garden of Remembrance at 2pm and travels down O'Connell Street and onto Trinty and finishes at Lord Edward Street.

If we were to meet at St.Stephan's Green Shopping center, go upstairs and get coffee/food at the food court we could stay as long as we want avoiding the parade fully. Does this suit anyone?

Yep, would suit me fine. I'll have to leave a bit earlier though as a friend is coming up from Kilkenny for the day. Also people could get the luas if buses are diverted due to the parade.

Maybe if we met up at 11 instead of the usual 12.30?

Maybe if we met up at 11 instead of the usual 12.30?
    That suits me fine. I'll bring my computer as I have shiny beasts to share out ^_^

Don't forget to change the time and location on the first post :)

Yaay!

Updated the thread title and made a note in the 1st post to note the changes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hey hey, a time that Dublin Bus plays well with! I'll be there if I can actually get up in time for the 1015 :)

Also, don't you mean Saturday the 26th? Seeing as the 23rd is today...

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Also, don't you mean Saturday the 26th? Seeing as the 23rd is today...

Yes, thank you :P I was looking at my calendar while typing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Going slightly off topic, but gays are people too. We have our Pokémon events, let them have a Parade once a year.

Continuing off topic, I felt the language I used conveyed the humorous intent of my comment. Clearly not. I have nothing against the gays, I hate *all* parades in the city center that get in the way of me and my car equally, regardless of race, creed, colour, orientation, formation or choice of accompanying music. Although I'm surprised they're doing this now instead of a couple of months ago when we had that Rainbow Weekend event in town.

IF you're meeting up earlier than normal (and hence, presumably, finishing up earlier too) might be worth checking what effect the parade route is having on buses that normally start in or go through a road on the route, and whether you need to catch your bus from a different street. Anything going down O'Connell street to College Green has to screw up most of the north and west bound routes.

Banjo wrote: »
    Continuing off topic, I felt the language I used conveyed the humorous intent of my comment. Clearly not. I have nothing against the gays, I hate *all* parades in the city center that get in the way of me and my car equally, regardless of race, creed, colour, orientation, formation or choice of accompanying music. Although I'm surprised they're doing this now instead of a couple of months ago when we had that Rainbow Weekend event in town.
    It's fine by me, I was just afraid someone may take it the wrong way and brand us all as racist or whatever. I'm sure we're not all that, really....:D

We can work on leaving earlier if it comes up on the day. For anyone travelling by bus, check here for updates, but seeing that it's Dublin Bus there is no guarantee that they'll actually show up anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement