Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi, I'm looking for some help with an aritech cs250 panel.
    it has being going off today after my GF input the wrong code, she did put the right code later, but is like about 20 mins later after she reach me.

The control panel trouble light keeping flashing and control panel says (failed to comm) after enter the user code.

I still used the same way alarm the system when I left the house tonight, and it seems work fine. Any idea what the trouble light and “failed to comm” going to effect the system?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have, or did you have ,monitoring on this alarm?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do you have, or did you have ,monitoring on this alarm?

no,i dont think so, it will call you auto when the alarm go off, this is ...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If there's a voice dialer connected it will do the same. It basically means it dialed out but nobody responded, either via a monitoring station or via a telephone.

Have you engineer access?

If there's a voice dialer connected it will do the same. It basically means it dialed out but nobody responded, either via a monitoring station or via a telephone.

Have you engineer access?

that is right, we just moved in this house and the pervious owner had his phone no in the system (not our no yet) but he did told me he has cancel the phone line. that is the error message about. ;).

I dont have the eng access, is 1278 work for us? have not tried yet. I mean, how to use the 1278 code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Type it into the keypad and if its correct it will enter engineer mode.

Type it into the keypad and if its correct it will enter engineer mode.

thanks, will try tomo as i m not at home now. if it is what should i do next, if not then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

Aritech CS350 - PA Zone is open - Cant set alarm

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place, my apologies if not.

A few nights ago my wife hit the tamper box with a broom, dont ask!

The alarm went off and I knocked it off with my alarm code.

tried to set the alarm then and it wont set as it states that the PA Zone is still open.

can anyone help me try to resolve this so I can set the alarm normally.

Thanks

Mellio

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    The first thing to do is look at that junction.
    Is the lid still loose?
    Have any of the connections comet loose?

Hi
    The first thing to do is look at that junction.
    Is the lid still loose?
    Have any of the connections comet loose?

I did secure the case against the wall and screwed the lid back on tight,
    its not loose.

I undone each of the connections and put them back in so should be secure, could there be wires at the back of this junction that has been knocked out. will have to unscrew again and take a look.

I will take a picture of the tamper box and PA later when Im home and post it up, perhaps there is something you can spot in the picture that I am missing.

Thanks for coming back to me so quick.

• Advertisement

tried 1278 but it seems need 6 digit, any one can help?

The code doesn't have to be 6 digits.
    If it is not 1278 then it has been changed by the installer.

The code doesn't have to be 6 digits.
    If it is not 1278 then it has been changed by the installer.

so what is next step? the alarm seems working, but the trouble light still flashing. :confused:

And what error is displaying on the screen?

And what error is displaying on the screen?

The control panel trouble light keeping flashing and control panel says (failed to comm)

The only way is to get an engineer out to default and reprogram the system for you.

Mellio wrote: »
    I did secure the case against the wall and screwed the lid back on tight,
    its not loose.

I undone each of the connections and put them back in so should be secure, could there be wires at the back of this junction that has been knocked out. will have to unscrew again and take a look.

I will take a picture of the tamper box and PA later when Im home and post it up, perhaps there is something you can spot in the picture that I am missing.

Thanks for coming back to me so quick.

Just confirm I got this fixed.

I done as you said by looking at the PA junction box again and undone the casing and unit.

left it hanging and went back to the keypad and managed to reset the alarm, couldnt figure out what it was.

Decided to also undo the main box under the stairs now I got Tamper and PA Zones open.

Finally the penny dropped - the tamper spring was open on the main box so I applied the same logic to the spring for the PA Zone.

Bingo, put the PA box back together very carefully making sure the spring was in the pressed down position. done the same to the Main box and done, alarm set normally.

I didn't spot it the first time but the corner of the PA unit where the spring was sitting was coming away only very slightly but enough not to hold the tamper button.sping down.

Anyway happy out.

Glad to see you got sorted. Thanks for updating us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pebs72

Hi,

I have an aritech alarm box installed in 2000 & can't access event log? Can anyone tell me how. The default code posted earlier doesn't work & there's no answer at number posted for aritech plus alarm installer can't b contacted. Help please!!

What comes up on the screen when you enter your user code?

• Advertisement

Hi,

My alarm comes on no problem...the issue I have is that I have gone away three times recently for 2-4days & my alarm has gone off each time! My poor neighbour has turned it off & checked house but did not remember what it said on the event log...so I want to access event log to see if I have a faulty sensor as think that might be likely. But from reading the thread maybe my battery is going?

I'm try to see what access you code has.
    If the alarm is disarmed & you enter your code what comes up on the screen.

Hi Koolkid,

If I put in my alarm which is 0 arrow 4 the screen says system arming...hope I answered your query?

Thx

Sorry I should have also said if I put in my code the system arms for alarm

No, I want you to enter your alarm code when the system is disarmed.
    That will be 0 followed by the code you use to turn the alarm off.

If I input my code when alarm disarmed the alarm will activate..its the same as 0 arrow 4...my alarm activates and deactivates with code! Is that unusual?

So when you enter your code it just shows System Arming>System OK> Leave Now without any other input.?
    If that's the case then your code has not been set up with permissions to access the menus for the log etc.
    You would need the engineer code to change this or else reset the whole system & reprogramme it from scratch.

Thanks!!! Looks like I'll have to get it reset so...if it is battery wud d whole system need to be reset anyway?

No.

• Advertisement

No.

Based on d fact it's gone off 3 times when away for greater than 24hrs...do u think it's a faulty sensor, battery or other?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement