Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung S3 and SIM Cards

Options
  • 22-11-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Had to get a new sim card as my other one was too old for 4G. Trying to copy contacts from my old sim to new sim. Got them on to phone no prob, but will only copy 50 contacts to new card.

Surely we haven't leapt back to the 90's in capacity terms. Anyone know how I can check this? Can't find it in the phone (Galaxy S3) or guidance online. Head is melted! And want to use my new phone!!

I know it's old school but like to have the numbers on my SIM card, in case I need to access them from there for various reasons but mainly if I have to go back to my noughties phone temporarily should I damage my phone.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

VandC wrote: »
    Hi All,

Had to get a new sim card as my other one was too old for 4G. Trying to copy contacts from my old sim to new sim. Got them on to phone no prob, but will only copy 50 contacts to new card.

Surely we haven't leapt back to the 90's in capacity terms. Anyone know how I can check this? Can't find it in the phone (Galaxy S3) or guidance online. Head is melted! And want to use my new phone!!

I know it's old school but like to have the numbers on my SIM card, in case I need to access them from there for various reasons but mainly if I have to go back to my noughties phone temporarily should I damage my phone.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I used to be the same and then I decided to make everyone a google contact. It's the only way forward tbh. Changing phones is a doddle nowadays because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Really, only 50 contacts to a sim card? If google is the only way forward then I need to upgrade my emergency back up phone too. Can't remember the last time I knew a number off by heart :D

I used to be the same and then I decided to make everyone a google contact. It's the only way forward tbh. Changing phones is a doddle nowadays because of it.

Just moved forward, you're right! thanks for the tip :-)

I have a Galaxy S2 as my spare phone and a Nexus 5 as my main phone so it makes it pretty handy.

gonna make my s 3 my spare now, so glad I followed your Google route. thanks! :-)

• Advertisement

no problemo,

Advertisement