Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Investing for Dummies- Advice Wanted

Options
  • 07-08-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi everyone,

I want to start investing in a years time and need some advice. Well I need a breakdown if possible. I understand that you buy shares and if they go up you sell them and make money and if they go down you lose money.

If anybody that knows how to invest and buy shares and makes money from it, can they please give me a break down of how it works.

I would like you to please explain how it works when you read how much shares are worth, i.e. price, volume, etc. Also, can you buy and sell shares in Dublin City Centre? I would like to stay away from online stockbrokers. I would like to do it in person. So if anybody recommends stockbrokers can you please recommend ones that I can go to in person and invest there and then.

I look forward to all of your replies.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There are two stickies at the top of the page - 'How do you buy shares' and 'Beginning to Invest', take a look there.

Advertisement