Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen gig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

polydactyl wrote: »
    There was at least 200 at 1pm. There are scheduled roll calls so most only turn back up when they have to. The 15-20 are prob waiting to get a number at the next roll call. Over 250 I would say already.

What are the chances of getting into the pit when gates open at 5pm tomorrow? Probably zero?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

leahyl wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting into the pit when gates open at 5pm tomorrow? Probably zero?!
    The gates will be open well before 5 ,they never open them at the advertised time.
    I'd expect them to be open at 4pm.

5pm should get you into the pit .

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

No prob good chance just to back of pit rather than front. Any later than that and I doubt it. More ppl queuing for pit passes in cork than in Limerick.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The gates will be open well before 5 ,they never open them at the advertised time.
    I'd expect them to be open at 4pm.

5pm should get you into the pit .

Serious? We were thinking of heading down around 4.30/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

No prob good chance just to back of pit rather than front. Any later than that and I doubt it. More ppl queuing for pit passes in cork than in Limerick.

The front of the queue earlier.

1012204_605899346108988_146408797_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Serious? We were thinking of heading down around 4.30/5
    I'd say 4.30 should be ample time .
    Its a weekday,people have work so alot wont be able to make it before 5.
    Over half the people yesterday with wristbands didnt queue according to reports on here ,they walked in when the gates were opened.

I plan to be there around 4.45 ,get a wristband and then wander around/sit down until 6.30 when I will take up my position.

I'd say 4.30 should be ample time .
    Its a weekday,people have work so alot wont be able to make it before 5.
    Over half the people yesterday with wristbands didnt queue according to reports on here ,they walked in when the gates were opened.

I plan to be there around 4.45 ,get a wristband and then wander around/sit down until 6.30 when I will take up my position.

And do you just ask for a wristband then before you head in or what? I'm not sure of the whole "procedure" lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

If you have a GA ticket are are there on time you will see them being handed out. The ppl queuing now and doing roll calls are ppl who want to be the first few hundred into the stadium to get near / beside the stage

If you have a GA ticket are are there on time you will see them being handed out. The ppl queuing now and doing roll calls are ppl who want to be the first few hundred into the stadium to get near / beside the stage

Cool, I'm excited that I might actually get in now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

murphym7 wrote: »
    Mosh pit up the front is seperate to the rest of the standing area, they que to get in there.

Oh now that is funny.
    A 64 year old man who plays folk rock has a mosh pit at his gigs!!!:D:D:D
    I'd say it'll be lethal in there:eek::eek:

Ooooh, he might pull a pretty girl out of the crowd and dance with her on stage - and said girl will have a huge show biz career!!
    Maybe that explains the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭the_galway_fry

am stuck for a Room for two for tomorrow night if anyone would know here i might get b and b or anything i would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any good parking places recommended?

Cork Con rugby club are open for parking I believe.

Ticketmaster have put up the third row of seats in the whole uncovered stand for sale now ,I can see alot of angry people tomorrow,those seats are way too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ticketmaster have put up the third row of seats in the whole uncovered stand for sale now ,I can see alot of angry people tomorrow,those seats are way too low.
    im in row h of uncoverd section d, getting a bit nervous that the seats are going to be low.

I'm small enough so Ill have a bit of legroom in the seat lol, if you're over 5ft 8 it will be uncomfy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

am stuck for a Room for two for tomorrow night if anyone would know here i might get b and b or anything i would appreciate it.

B+B here for ye near Midleton in east Cork,about 13 miles from Pairc ui Chaoimh,Cork city

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/loughcarrig-house.en-gb.html

It nearly the last place left in a 30 mile radius.Ye can get a train from Midleton to Cork city and back.This place is about 1-2 miles from train station in Midleton so get a taxi to train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Going with two friends tomorrow but one of them won't be able to make til 6.30 or later whereas we plan on going down early. What's the story with pit passes? I assume it's one per person making it pointless for us to queue if we want to join our friend later?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well I just passed what I assume is the main entrance on the back of Monaghan road and there is people queing up already, there was a handful of tents there as well but if I had to guess at the amount down there I'd say about 30.

Going to be a nightmare getting back to work after lunch about 1ish, enjoy ye're gig people. :D

Is the main entrance on the Monaghan road so? I'm meant to be meeting my friends near the marina entrance later so I assume that's the wrong place if we want to try get pit passes?

Well my work is on the back road so I went past it and there was barriers up and people behind them so I'm asssuming it is where they will be handing out the passes.

If you know the area its the back gate where they usually have the enterance for Funderland, its about 500 metres past where the marquee enterance is.

'll be passing again about 12 ish so I'll let ye know whats the situation, I assume it will be fairly busy at that stage.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well my work is on the back road so I went past it and there was barriers up and people behind them so I'm asssuming it is where they will be handing out the passes.

If you know the area its the back gate where they usually have the enterance for Funderland, its about 500 metres past where the marquee enterance is.

'll be passing again about 12 ish so I'll let ye know whats the situation, I assume it will be fairly busy at that stage.

Thanks a million :-) I just sort of assumed that it would be at the marina entrance - tbh didn't even know there was an entrance on the other side....! Shows how much I know!

• Advertisement

Thanks a million :-) I just sort of assumed that it would be at the marina entrance - tbh didn't even know there was an entrance on the other side....! Shows how much I know!

The later you leave the less likely you are to get pit passes IMO.

There is Gardai out on some of the barriers on the road around the area, not stopping any cars yet but I imagine later on, closer to the gig they'll be trying stop as much traffic as possible going down the Monaghan road.

Also there could be an entrance on the Marina side, but from my window I can see the back of the stage and just outside the stadium but inside the back enterance, there is a couple of colourful flags which look like the lead into the stadium from enterance on the back of Monaghan road.

Its easy to get to from the city centre or even Ballintemple.

This is where the enterance is and where people are curerntly in a que, there is event staff on the door here in hig-vis vests also so its a promising sign.

http://goo.gl/maps/uDelB

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The later you leave the less likely you are to get pit passes IMO.

There is Gardai out on some of the barriers on the road around the area, not stopping any cars yet but I imagine later on, closer to the gig they'll be trying stop as much traffic as possible going down the Monaghan road.

Also there could be an entrance on the Marina side, but from my window I can see the back of the stage and just outside the stadium but inside the back enterance, there is a couple of colourful flags which look like the lead into the stadium from enterance on the back of Monaghan road.

Its easy to get to from the city centre or even Ballintemple.

This is where the enterance is and where people are curerntly in a que, there is event staff on the door here in hig-vis vests also so its a promising sign.

http://goo.gl/maps/uDelB

Thanks a mil! I'm gonna chance it at around 4.30 and sure you never know - its not the end of the world if we don't get pit passes but it would be a nice bonus!

We will be walking from around the bridge near the clarion I'd say cos the road down by the idle hour will prob be closed??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Thanks a mil! I'm gonna chance it at around 4.30 and sure you never know - its not the end of the world if we don't get pit passes but it would be a nice bonus!

We will be walking from around the bridge near the clarion I'd say cos the road down by the idle hour will prob be closed??

There's a shuttle bus from Lapps Quay to the venue for €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

How many people will be attending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Barbara Puny Glob

HurtLocker wrote: »
    How many people will be attending?

80000 I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

There seems to be a lot of people going who wouldn't recognize the guy if he was standing next to them.

evilivor wrote: »
    There's a shuttle bus from Lapps Quay to the venue for €2.

Yeah I know but I'm getting a lift into town so may as well just walk from a certain point - will get as close to centre park road as possible and then walk

Wont be 80k anyway, I'd say 50k at most.

Oasis and M.Jackson was about 50-55k all those years ago and given Bruce is playing just about every county in ireland I cant see that much turning up.

The Michael Jackson concert attendence was 110,000 in 1988..:eek:.....................

..............over 2 days..:)

• Advertisement

Given how $h1tty and dilapitated the place is,I hope they dont turn up the speakers too loud or this might happen

0212_C51.jpg

Advertisement