Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen gig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are the seats in the covered stand in Cork as bad as the uncovered stand,i.e no legroom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Zardoz wrote: »
    Are the seats in the covered stand in Cork as bad as the uncovered stand,i.e no legroom ?

Yes.Your chin will be resting on you knees.Absolute joke,unless they adjusted them in the last 12 months.

Yes.Your chin will be resting on you knees.Absolute joke,unless they adjusted them in the last 12 months.
    Cheers ,I thought as much.
    Shocking seats allright,last time I was at a match there I had to sit sideways at the end of the row and that was even uncomfortable.
    Seats are like something designed for 10 year olds.
    It was a wise decision to get standing tickets so .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Brucie will think he's gone back in time when he see's the state of the place.:D

Brucie will think he's gone back in time when he see's the state of the place.:D
    Its a great venue acoustically,the bowl shape acts as a natural amphitheater so not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG I can't wait - it will be my first Bruce concert! Probably be my last too - I doubt he'll keep touring for much longer will he?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

what time is it starting, need to get in home before the madness starts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG I can't wait - it will be my first Bruce concert! Probably be my last too - I doubt he'll keep touring for much longer will he?!

He'll never stop! The man is a machine :D
    Milly33 wrote: »
    what time is it starting, need to get in home before the madness starts

I've heard from some major Springsteen fans (i.e. ones that go to ALL his gigs when he comes to Ireland - and even the odd UK one) that they expect he'll start at around 7pm-7:30. Considering he can go for about 3 hours, this makes sense.

Really that is very early for the gig. Fair deuce if he puts on a good show.. Culio should make it home in time before the madness starts make wonder down for a listen later

I know, seems early to me too but 7:30 - 10:30 sounds about right... I imagine there is a cut off time of around 11pm for the gig. I'm aiming to get in at around 7 anyway, should be a nice sunny evening to chill out and have a drink :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is there going to be a "pit" for the early arrivals?

Was chatting to another Springsteen head at lunch there (going to all the Ireland gigs this year). He reckons 8pm start. I'm sticking with 7:30 to be on the safe side.

There's usually a pit at most gigs isn't there? Would be surprised if there wasn't for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bacchus wrote: »
    Was chatting to another Springsteen head at lunch there (going to all the Ireland gigs this year). He reckons 8pm start. I'm sticking with 7:30 to be on the safe side.

There's usually a pit at most gigs isn't there? Would be surprised if there wasn't for this.

8pm is a bit late no? I mean the gates are at 5pm so do people just hang around for 3 hours beforehand? That's if they want a good spot on the pitch I mean, you probably wouldnt show up that early if you had seats.

thumb_Q802QOuSzZmBStDo77G1D5KAY.jpg

Looking good .

leahyl wrote: »
    8pm is a bit late no? I mean the gates are at 5pm so do people just hang around for 3 hours beforehand? That's if they want a good spot on the pitch I mean, you probably wouldnt show up that early if you had seats.

Yeah, personally I think 7:30 is more likely but I'm just going by what others, who go to a lot of his gigs, are saying. For all I know, he could start at 5:30 and go on a 5 hour session :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Gates at 5 isn't it and due on stage at 7 officially. So probably 7.30ish. Wouldn't leave it until after 7 to enter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

So excited for this. So so so much. Nebraska on repeat all day. 'Bout time we'd a gig like this again, good for the whole city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I think I need to start selling camping spots in the garden!

They've got quite a few traffic restrictions-not letting residents through unless they have proof of address. Should be a good atmosphere though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Just wondering if any of ye know anything about parking or park and ride facilities? Lived in Cork for 4 years but never been to a concert in Páirc Uí Chaoimh and it's years since I've been to a match there so I don't know the area at all. Think I'll have to drive home (about 2 hours away!) after so just want to know where I can leave my auld jalopy safely during the concert!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Meangadh wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of ye know anything about parking or park and ride facilities? Lived in Cork for 4 years but never been to a concert in Páirc Uí Chaoimh and it's years since I've been to a match there so I don't know the area at all. Think I'll have to drive home (about 2 hours away!) after so just want to know where I can leave my auld jalopy safely during the concert!

Thanks!

Don't know about Park and Ride but there is a special bus service from the city to the venue - goes from Lapps Quay - outside Connolly Hall presumably.

Buses running from 4 to 7pm - €2 for an adult single.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Working on the blackroad Road, I can see the stage from our building and we got an email about traffic restrictions from 7:30 am Thursday until late Thursday night, our building has 2 entrances, one on the Blackroad Road side and one on the Monaghan Road, the Monaghan Road side has the bigger car park so it's going to be a disaster trying to get in and out of that later on in the day.

The stage is towering over the stands as well, should be a really impressive gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

I dont live too far from there so please keep the noise to a minimum

Enjoy should be a savage gig!

Just took a stroll down there the place has a nice buzz going.. Are they going to leave the park or the pond area open to the public then. I got that letter too and spotted one of the local bars has a stand there just outside the venue, would you be able to stroll down for a sconce? They are doing great work cleaning up down there wish they would do it more often

Are there places to eat and drink outside the stadium? May wonder over around 5 if there are and sit in the sun otherwise will leave it until later to arrive.

well :) passing the showgrounds entrance on monaghan road there are tents going up in there but I would think that is private for people attending, but then when you head into the pond area where there is a big patch of grass outside the stadium there are heinken bars being set up there which the venue are running and there are a few catering vans so id say you would be able to wonder down, shame they didn't stick that info on the leaflet..actually ill email there im sure they gave an address

no they didn't sorry

Ludo wrote: »
    Are there places to eat and drink outside the stadium? May wonder over around 5 if there are and sit in the sun otherwise will leave it until later to arrive.

There are no bars outside the stadium as such but there are 3 pubs in blackrock (google The pier head inn - the other 2 are near it), the venue (pub that is) is close by and by the docks (close to the city) there are a few watering holes (sextant and the like) but expect all these placers to be jammers but the buzz will be great (clarion hotel near sextant does food and a few other places around there)

Thanks but town not much use unfortunately. Will be walking the old train line from rochestown to the stadium.
    Good to hear there is stuff outside the actual stadium though. Thanks.

Ludo wrote: »
    Thanks but town not much use unfortunately. Will be walking the old train line from rochestown to the stadium.
    Good to hear there is stuff outside the actual stadium though. Thanks.

There is nothing "outside" - the places I mentioned are within walking distance. I know at matches they have them old chipper van yolks so there might be a few greasy spoons close by to help you soak up the excess

• Advertisement

Are you a man beeroclock, cus most men don't listen to me..I just said there are the heinken bars set up outside :(.. Look up the venue bar on facebook and youll see it, by the sounds of it id say they aren't restricted to just those attending the gig

Advertisement