Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Passat fuel gauge problem

• 27-03-2008 9:11pm

Hi Guys

Changing cars very soon. Just getting a Passat for a few months to tie me over.

Went to see one today, but the fuel gauge doesnt work.

I know I was quoted ridiculous prices on my megane coupe, but does anyone know if its crazy prices with the passat as well to get it fixed ?

Cheers !
    Spy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK, the fuel pump and sender unit are the one unit (depending on year & model) so it could be expensive.

What make/model/year is the Passat?

Apologies....feeling very thick today!

Its a 1998 1.8 petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd imagine it's the 20V 1.8 engine (can't remember if that was available in 1998). Anyway, the sender is seperate so it may not be too expensive to replace. But before you get it replaced have a Final Control Diagnosis done on the dash panel to be sure that the gauge itself is not faulty. If that diagnosis (requires a diagnostic computer) is OK then I'd be confident that it's the sender unit.

Lovely ! Cheers !!

Advertisement