Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The LG G5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I really hope they don't switch to an AMOLED screen - much prefer LCD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

digitaldr wrote: »
    I really hope they don't switch to an AMOLED screen - much prefer LCD

If done right AMOLEDs can be ok, some samsungs have display settings to help pull back the over saturation to a point and it looks ok. But yea LCD FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

After having just replaced my M8 that stopped charging with a G3 I am delighted to see they are going to allow you to swap batteries out. I swore before the M8 I'd never buy one with an enclosed battery and I got taught a lesson there. Why move tech backwards?? Might go for the 5 after the Euros :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I don't know what to make of that yet, I imagine it works like ambient display which I always have turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Patww79 wrote: »

I have the current Quick circle cover for the G4. Useless. Almost no "apps" for it and if I've got the phone out and in my hands, I might as well just use the full screen.

Also it makes no sense with an LED display, so hopefully the G5 will have an OLED display.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Some benchmark results got posted and confirms the Snapdragon 820 and 4GB RAM.

Jaysus this thing will be more powerful than my laptop!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Some benchmark results got posted and confirms the Snapdragon 820 and 4GB RAM.

Apparently scored higher than the S7's multi core score.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Really considering this phone as a replacement to the S6, well either LG5 or S7, If i go with LG then this will be my first LG mobile phone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any idea of price?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah back isn't great IMO. The black version might be nicer and then again it will look flush with a case. I guess if the specs are what I want I won't be bothered and still get it.

Only thing I certainly hope is they up the main camera to something like 20MP seems a waste to keep it at 16MP when they want to go balls out to draw customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I'm actually surprised it looks like a budget phone rather than a top of the range one.

OK so the innards will probably make up for that but still it's nice to have both functionality and a jaw dropping design.

biebiebie wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised it looks like a budget phone rather than a top of the range one.

OK so the innards will probably make up for that but still it's nice to have both functionality and a jaw dropping design.

Someone said it was the LG G5 Lite however the picture just has the regular LG G5 stamp so hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Looks are not the best, much more like the G2,3,4 but hey, its gonna spend most of it's time in a case anyway so i'm ok with it being a little flugly.

• Advertisement

That's 5 days too many haha!!
    Anxiously counting down the days myself!

Does anyone know if it's being streamed live?
    At what Irish time and what website?

Some more blurry photos for the Magic Slot.
    Also to me this also confirms a gold colour?

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g5-magic-slot-modules-2-673717/

You know the extended battery pack on the magic slot pic shows the back of the phone ain't bad in what I assume is a gold colour.

A black colour might make the back look tasty enough bar the bump for the camera module, as I said tho mine will be in a case anyway.

Apparently the device attached to the magic slot in the picture is called the LG Cam Plus.
    It adds camera buttons and an additional 1100mah of power.

There will also be an audio enhancement slot "Friend" that enhances the DAC. Is supposedly designed in conjunction with Bang and Olsfen.

Some of these "friends" are starting to sound a little gimmicky.

I'm reserving judgement!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

biebiebie wrote: »
    Some of these "friends" are starting to sound a little gimmicky.

I'm reserving judgement!!

Completely agree.

If they want to get this to work, they need to make sure it's not just one device that these things work on or they wont be worth the extra expense.

The G5 could end up being a very strange device. A death throe of LG flagships? A despirate attempt to do something novel that gets people's attentions.

Advertisement