Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Bit of a shít seat selection and price range. Went on at 10, none at €50 were available, the €45 it kept giving me was pitch level in the corner which is the worst seat in the place imho.
    So that leaves me with the option of €35 or €90! Went with the €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gate22

same here €35 opton not bad in upper west , but rubbish that you cant select seats like rugby or gigs and 45 have you in corner and 50 no where to be seen. will be a super weekend with Navan matches the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

got my tickets in upper west stand there was supposed to be a group of 7 going together but now we will have to split up...bot if a pain but at least we will all be there and most of the tickets are in the same block

roll on september now for a great weekend of football

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Bit of a shít seat selection and price range. Went on at 10, none at €50 were available, the €45 it kept giving me was pitch level in the corner which is the worst seat in the place imho.
    So that leaves me with the option of €35 or €90! Went with the €35.

Ya, same. Pretty **** way to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Eventually got 2 so shouldn't really complain :D but WTF is going on with Ticketmaster. :confused:
    Refreshing Firefox since before 10 with no sign of tickets going on sale.
    Checked this thread in another tab and found people saying they'd got tickets.
    Switched user a/c and opened Firefox again to find tickets available but no option to choose seats. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

"Problem loading page / Connection timed out"

Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

forgot about this until i saw this page.

Two in the corner for me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Looks like if you want 2 seats together, the only ones left are the €35 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The temptation to find this jersey again is building :D

chi_notre_dame_uniform_b1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Count me in for a boards beers in the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Do you reckon there will be merchandise stands at the game like the NFL does at Wembley? Id like to get my hands on some ND gear !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

only appears single tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

wawaman wrote: »
    Do you reckon there will be merchandise stands at the game like the NFL does at Wembley? Id like to get my hands on some ND gear !!!

I'd imagine so. Navy and Notre dame will be looking to make as much as possible from the day (nothign worng with that either btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Can only buy single ones at this stage..will be sitting all by my lonesome, West Stand Upper, 35 quid. Still , just glad i got one at this stage, herself will be staying at home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

i managed to get a seat beside the people i will be going with by ringing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Seems to be only certain blocks on sale. I imagine ticketmaster were only given certain blocks to sell. Might be more blocks on sale at a later date. I'm high up in west upper. Been there for Ireland games before and the view is good so happy enough. Close enought to half way. Although i'll be strugeling to see any cheerleaders

Seems to be only certain blocks on sale. I imagine ticketmaster were only given certain blocks to sell.

Well you have to remember that Navy and Notre Dame have their allocation, and there's been at least 2 pre-sales already. So it might just be a question of having certain blocks left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Dodge wrote: »
    Well you have to remember that Navy and Notre Dame have their allocation, and there's been at least 2 pre-sales already. So it might just be a question of having certain blocks left

Maybe,

I know for football FAI only give ticketmaster certain blocks.
    The last ireland game I went to Ticketmaster only had a few blocks and they were all poor so I rang FAI and they had loads left for elsewhere in the ground and I think Tickmaster got more of what was left over closer to the game.

Find it hard to believe 50k tickets are nearly all gone for this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭decies

Are people wearing there NFl jerseys to the game !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Shag it. There isn't even single tickets left now. I forgot about it earlier. Anyone got a spare seat by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭decies

Accomadation seems to be none existing in the area, can anybody recommend hotel with good access to the avia stadium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

decies wrote: »
    Accomadation seems to be none existing in the area, can anybody recommend hotel with good access to the avia stadium?

Stay anywhere in the city. You can walk to the Aviva or get the DART.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Stay anywhere in the city. You can walk to the Aviva or get the DART.

Full endorsed. Buses, DART, LUAS. Plenty of ways to get to Lansdowne (depending on where you're sitting).

Stay in the city and enjoy the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's probably the most heavily serviced area in the city for hotels :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's probably the most heavily serviced area in the city for hotels :confused:

there are little to no hotel rooms available in dublin for that weekend apparently. 25,000 people minimum will be staying in Dublin sure. I've heard US travel agencies are looking to organise house swaps as they can't get accommodation.

0 hotels rooms available in the Ballsbridge/Sandymount area according to Hotels.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

20 minute walk from St. Stephen's green to Landsdowne Road, add another 10 or so for O'Connell Street so basically any accommodation around the city centre is within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Just seen someone paid €400 for a double room in the 2 star my palace hotel in town for the night of the game. Thats shocking !

Nama should start putting up all the apartments it has for short term leasing for that weekend at those prices and knock few bob off the national debt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

What the hell's going on? Is it sold out or what? I have been trying since about 3 but to no avail.

I didn't think for a second it would sell out. The previous classics were cancelled because of lack of interest and poor attendances. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Just got a single on ticketmaster this am, glad I got it now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flashman10

just rang ticketmaster and they said tickets were currently off sale but to keep checking the site cause they may return.. sly mark marketing ply in my book. hope im right!

Advertisement