Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MHL cable for Lenovo A7600 tablet - Not Supported Issue

• 06-02-2016 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

I got an MHL cable online for connecting a Lenovo A7600 tablet to the tv (cable as per the picture), I believe it's a 5 pin cable going by eye and the micro USB connection on the tablet is also 5 pin. I thought the cable was going to be male micro HDMI to male HDMI but again it's as per picture with a male micro HDMI at one end and a female HDMI at the other. Anyway, I connected it to the tv and it says not supported.

Had been talking to someone in Harvey Norman recently and he said they had stopped stocking these MHL cables due to incompatibility issues and high returns. They only stock the ones for Samsung tablets now and I'm not sure if they're compatible with Lenovo.

24759265271_ac8d7363af_c.jpg

2 Questions
    1. Does the cable I got need an external power supply via the micro USB connection on the side of the housing? Reason I ask is I want to be sure whether it needs it or not as I want to give a clear description of the product if I'm reselling.
    2. Is it possible to get a direct micro HDMI to HDMI cable that's male on both ends without needing an external power supply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Nollog

I got an MHL cable for my S4, that needed power, which it got from a full USB cable attached to the cable.
    The S4 required an 11 pin cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chromecast is a better solution in 9/10 situations in any case. As its an active adapter it requires power, you need an OTG port to feed the power backwards from a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Does Chromecast need power?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does Chromecast need power?

Yes, its powered my micro USB so any phone charger will do. Or if you have a USB port on your TV it can charge from that.

Advertisement