Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A friend to teach me a little un pocco Italiano?

• 03-04-2007 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Would be really nice if there was someone here who could help me learn a little Italian. I've never attended Italian lessons, just tried to learn a little from thr Internet and C.D Roms. There was never anyone for me to talk to and use what I learned though!....

Is there anyone here who could be my Italian speaking friend?

Buona Serra
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

Ciao Alan,

Allora vuoi parlare con qualcuno in Italiano.

There is a website called
    http://www.languagepenpals.com

You can search for Italian people who would like to learn english and in turn they will teach you some Italian. I used it before and we would email each other in both languages. It was really good.

Another method I used was to buy movies on DVD which had subtitles or dubbing in Italian.

And of course the best thing is to take a trip to Italy and immerse yourself in the culture. It's amazing!

Se ti posso aiutare di piu', fammi sapere.

Saluti,
    Jared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I'd like to help u but u are not searching for something like a penpal, right?
    If I understood well u are searching more for someone for actual speaking, I'm I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Hi Tirabella...Well a pen pal would be nice also..of course meeting would be better...but I could learn from a penpal also if that's what your offering!
    Grazie
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Ciao Filan,
    since I'm Firenze and u in Limerick I think meeting would be a lil' difficult :P
    But if wanna make some written conversation with me in italian (or both english and italian) I'm here :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hey Filan. Why do you want to learn Italian in particular? Have you a specific intrest in the culture, food or football? ;) I'm learning too because I think it's such an amazing place. I've been to Roma, Pisa and Firenze but would love to go back and see more. (and I will, because I threw a coin in the Trevi fountain!) Plus- pizza, pasta, spaghetti- yum. Here's a question- why are most Italians so damn slim!? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Hi Karyjn....Well I'm nearly fluent in German and want the challenge of a new language.. Italian? Yes It's a country with a lot of significant History...and I like History? Why are Italians slim? Is it that they use less playstations? Or have better weather and can exercise more?!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Probably- the lucky pups. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

Ciao Karyn, Filan,
    I used to live in Italy and here is my theory on why the young women are slim. They dont eat!! They just push the food around the plate. I've seen them do it. But that all changes when they get their man and get married!! I suppose things arent too different here.

But I do love the concept of the "Bella Figura". The way they always dress up and appear so elegant. There isnt a shiny tracksuit in sight. And you dont see them drunk, stumbling about the streets late at night.

The other food that I love there is the Gelato. Where I lived the Gelateria had about 40 different flavours. Caffe' & Nocciola are my favourites. Coffee and Hazelnut. Mmmmm. :)

Jared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Gavin-sar

First of all Hi everybody,
    This is my first messagge here and I hope we can improve our friendship.

A powerful way to learn a language and start speaking it quickly is learning
    by heart good song lyric.

Fiorella Mannoia - Il Cielo d'Irlanda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR_F8FNZYIQ

Il cielo d'Irlanda è un oceano di nuvole e luce
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è un tappeto che corre veloce
    Il cielo d'Irlanda ha i tuoi occhi se guardi lassù
    Ti annega di verde e ti copre di blu
    Ti copre di verde e ti annega di blu
    Il cielo d'Irlanda si sfama di muschio e di lana
    Il cielo d'Irlanda si spulcia i capelli alla luna
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è un gregge che pascola in cielo
    Si ubriaca di stelle di notte e il mattino è leggero
    Si ubriaca di stelle e il mattino è leggero
    Dal Donegal alle isole Aran
    E da Dublino fino al Connemara
    Dovunque tu stia viaggiando con zingari o re
    Il cielo d'Irlanda si muove con te
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è dentro di te
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è un enorme cappello di pioggia
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è un bambino che dorme sulla spiaggia
    Il cielo d'Irlanda a volte fa il mondo in bianco e nero
    Ma dopo un momento i colori li fa brillare più del vero
    Ma dopo un momento li fa brillare più del vero
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è una donna che cambia spesso d'umore
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è una gonna che gira nel sole
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è Dio che suona la fisarmonica
    Si apre e si chiude con il ritmo della musica
    Si apre e si chiude con il ritmo della musica
    Dal Donegal alle isole Aran
    E da Dublino fino al Connemara
    Dovunque tu stia ballando con zingari o re
    Il cielo d'Irlanda si muove con te
    Dovunque tu stia bevendo con zingari o re
    Il cielo d'Irlanda è dentro di te.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Juza1973

This is a very romantic song about the sky of Ireland that you like as soon as you don't actually live in the island, then you start to complain about the weather like the Irish do! :D

I live in Dublin BTW and I could be interested in an exchange: Italian <=> Irish. I'm a complete beginner but you are a complete Italian beginner too right? If you are interested you can send me a Private Message. Thanks,
    Lorenzo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 fmess

Hi Lads,
    I'm Italian and I live in Galway. If you'd like to practice language send me a pvt message, can meet for a pint (or 10) , watch soccer match, whatever no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 faonway

Hi everybody!!!!
    I have just arrived in Dublin , I am italian and I speak spanish too.
    If someone would like practice italian with me, I would be pleased to help you!

Advertisement