Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE are a feicin disgrace :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

kraggy wrote:
    very strong argument made there.
    Oh, very strong argument yourself :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

kraggy wrote:
    WTF????????

What's wrong with that? It's our first language.:rolleyes:

No it isn't. A first language, native language, or mother tongue is the first language that a person learned. Most of our population speak English as their first language. D-D-D-DUH! How could you not know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i know one of teh camera men there ( well think it was him his style) theres not much you can do to make a perade exciting... as much as he tryed moving the camera about

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Muggy Dev

i watched bigfoot hadn't seen it in years, is such a funny film...

.....the bit were the David Suchet character paces the jail cell while'st his cellmates move around to avoid him chillingly reminds me of someone close to home at the moment.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

There should be some Irish channels in the style of all those cheapskates on Sky but with more Irish programmes. Even a few live shows a day would eventually pass out RTE and by the look of most of the crappy local channels on Sky, they could work with second hand equipment, some camcorders and a DVD player :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

There should be some Irish channels in the style of all those cheapskates on Sky but with more Irish programmes. Even a few live shows a day would eventually pass out RTE and by the look of most of the crappy local channels on Sky, they could work with second hand equipment, some camcorders and a DVD player :rolleyes:

i wish it was that easy:rolleyes:

yet you could have then babe ones speaking irish... all they are is webcams... with a few extra control room people....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

someone make this person director general of RTÉ. he seems to think its all very easy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Futureman wrote:
    No it isn't. A first language, native language, or mother tongue is the first language that a person learned. Most of our population speak English as their first language. D-D-D-DUH! How could you not know this?

WRONG!...The Irish Constitution states the Irish is the first language. D-D-D-DUH! How could you not know this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

zuutroy wrote:
    WRONG!...The Irish Constitution states the Irish is the first language. D-D-D-DUH! How could you not know this?

and we'd prove it if one of us could speak irish! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

kraggy wrote:
    WTF????????

What's wrong with that? It's our first language.:rolleyes:

really???, could have fooled me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

First of all the Irish was spoken by a group of presenters who are actually from the Gealtachs in Ireland.

An Dara Rud, usoideann siad Bearla agus Gealige anios agus aris tri an séo, deaneann RTE gealige agus bearl gach blian tri an feila.

And finally the parade is still a load of cac, regardless of language.

(My irish is bad, sorry!!!)

Advertisement