Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford General Chat / Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Heard Uncle Sams burned out during the night. Didn't see it myself but I believe nobody hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Was that not leased out by the wan that had mccaris in clonard village? Thats now closed down the last few months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The apartment upstairs went on fire and the fire brigade water came though its floor causing the restaurant ceiling to collapse. I had a look yesterday.

Did they live up above the restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DSC00944_zps9e936c7a.jpg

Engine Oil cap found on Duncannon Beach

^^^^^^

So, not only did you stop on your walk to pick up an oil cap, but you decided that it needed to be photographed. Then you thought that the internet would be thrilled to see it too.

oldyouth wrote: »
    ^^^^^^

So, not only did you stop on your walk to pick up an oil cap, but you decided that it needed to be photographed. Then you thought that the internet would be thrilled to see it too.

I like walking - I like taking photgraphs - I like internet social networking - and I like helping people find lost property .

Where did I go wrong ?

Only poking fun. However, if the oil cap was on the beach, I think the car might be in bigger trouble than you can solve by returning it to it's owner :p

oldyouth wrote: »
    Only poking fun. However, if the oil cap was on the beach, I think the car might be in bigger trouble than you can solve by returning it to it's owner :p

Happened me once , - left the cap at a garage and drove about 10 miles .

Thought the car was on fire , and got a big fright at first , only to discover the cap was missing :)

• Advertisement

New Wexford business - best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

That is a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Brendan Howlin heading to the Far East this weekend,at least he'll fit in sizewise.

I eagerly await his return with promises of many jobs for our beleagured county.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Yes...we can but hope and while he is here, I hope someone will also have the presence of mind to ask his support on Waterford Airport resuming its flights to London, which hugely impacts on those of us from the Wexford who have had to go to the UK for employment. Having to spend two days travel and extra money on transport from Dublin/Cork is not easy and makes a weekend trip impossible.

People of the South East really need to use their voice in this; call newspapers, local radio stations, or use whatever other form of access to highlight this problem, or we will eventually lose the facility altogether.

I believe you can now only fly to Manchester from Waterford; nice for those who want to attend matches at Old Trafford, but otherwise not much help to those who travel to and from other areas of UK.

zerks wrote: »
    Brendan Howlin heading to the Far East this weekend,at least he'll fit in sizewise.

I eagerly await his return with promises of many jobs for our beleagured county.

:D

Was there last year too

Doubt if anyone in Singapore is interesting in investing in little 'ole bollixed Ireland :(

JFK Float at Patricks Day New Ross :
    BFpVUCLCIAEFCY3.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

An American guy who I work with turns around this morning and asks a few of us:

"I see they have a Food & Drink festival in Wexford, what's that like?"

A Latvian girl who I also work with replies:

"I hope it's not anything like the Kilmore Sea Food festival, a few stalls and no sea food"

I couldn't disagree with her assessment.

I'm starting to get slightly embarrassed every time my American work colleague starts asking me about local festivals.

He said to me a few weeks ago:

"We read about the Enniscorthy Strawberry Festival and were thinking about going down this year"

I cringed inside...

I sort of half arsed invited to Enniscorthy last week for the Paddy's Day Parade.. thank God the weather was shíte and they never turned up.. there's only so much novel Irish shíte you can show them.

A 48-year-old man has died in an industrial accident in Broomhill Fethard-on-Sea, Co Wexford.

Source : RTE News

May he RIP

GARDAI are appealing for witnesses following a fatal road traffic collision earlier today.

She was taken by air Ambulance to Tallaght Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.

The incident happened at Coollishall Upper, Gorey, Co. Wexford, at approximately 10.30am.

The car she was driving collided head on with a 4x4 vehicle on the R772 between Gorey and Clough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sorry to put a downer on things but I didn't recognise it as the place where I live. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Great video and the place looks really well... JD don't you live in inis cortaigh? That's why you don't recognise it. Wexford town is a great place, great restaurants, shops, pubs, clubs, music, entertainment, beaches, nature, the lot. I love living here again anyway after being away for a while. Needs some small tweeks, but its happening bit by bit.

The arrival of a 3rd level education system has been fantastic to the town and has brought more people to the area and great oppertunity for learning, business and more... The arrival of Eistech being point in case. They would have looked at the demographics and I'm sure the fact of a 3rd level college being here was a factor in their locating here. I'm sure of it.

Once the new roads are built that will also be a boost to the area and enniscorthy can capitalise on that as well.

Great video and the place looks really well... JD don't you live in inis cortaigh? That's why you don't recognise it. Wexford town is a great place, great restaurants, shops, pubs, clubs, music, entertainment, beaches, nature, the lot. I love living here again anyway after being away for a while. Needs some small tweeks, but its happening bit by bit.

The arrival of a 3rd level education system has been fantastic to the town and has brought more people to the area and great oppertunity for learning, business and more... The arrival of Eistech being point in case. They would have looked at the demographics and I'm sure the fact of a 3rd level college being here was a factor in their locating here. I'm sure of it.

Once the new roads are built that will also be a boost to the area and enniscorthy can capitalise on that as well.

Are you talking about Wexford Ireland or Wexford Pennsylvania?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lol,the comparison of the shots of Enniscorthy compared to Wexford Town,roughly ten people on the streets of Enniscorthy as usual compared to a bustling Wexford.

Nice pr video though,it'll probably do more to 'sell' the County as a place to set up a business than any of our TD's will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

There has been a serious rise in the amount of burglaries in the north wexford/south wicklow area lately. Three of my parents neighbours houses have been broken into the last few days. Today one of my neighbours houses have been broken into.

It's crazy we are losing gardai even though robberies are on the rise.

I've a pain in me bollix with this s-hit weather...

LOL in that video above - "only 1 hour from Waterford Airport", yeh, and......? where the hell can you fly to? That's no incentive to start a business in Wexford anyway.

Anyone else out there praying they still have a roof on their house tomorrow? Winds are brutal this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Anyone else out there praying they still have a roof on their house tomorrow? Winds are brutal this evening.

I know,I was driving on the Campile - New Ross road earlier and i thought the car was going to blow off the road a few times!!!

• Advertisement

I know,I was driving on the Campile - New Ross road earlier and i thought the car was going to blow off the road a few times!!!

Aye, same coming home from Carlow earlier... scary

Advertisement